How messy is your home right now?

It’s in worse shape than usual. Mostly just stuff I’m compiling to pack. We leave for vacation this weekend so I’m putting off cleaning until the day before when I do the big pre-trip clean.

MIne is not bad. I try to keep the first floor "company ready" (within 5 minutes - to fluff and quickly wipe down) with the exception of my DH's study. He works from home, so his study is messy with files all over the place. The Roomba vacuum and cleaning up the kitchen each night after dinner helps to keep things clean and tidy. Upstairs is another story. The master bedroom and bathroom is in decent shape. My college kids are home now though. DD's room is a hot mess, but she is trying to be neater. She just decluttered and turned her desk into a vanity, so hopefully the kids' bathroom will not be so messy going forward. DS's room is pretty good. He used to be a slob like DD, but he has gotten neater over the last two years. Being away at college has done wonders in this regard.

Last edited:
I’m going to say it’s about a four, maybe a five. It’s mostly clutter. The kitchen floor needs a mop but my DH has been hauling brick and whatnot through there and there’s porch gravel (we’re redoing the backyard) the dog brings in on her paws every time she goes out. It would get trashed within 30mins of me doing it so I’m just leaving it for now. The place could be “company ready” in about an hour. I’ve given up on my oldest, I just close her door. The younger two I have pick up, change sheets, vacuum etc. every Sunday so their rooms are good to go.

Well, I’ve got workmen here right now putting in a new furnace & AC. So basement & yard are pretty messy. Plus they got a few marks on the kitchen floor & family room carpet I’ll have to clean. Rest of the house isn’t too bad. Except the closets & basement storage areas are in their usual pretty full conditions.

Super clean! My kids are gone to their dad's house for the summer so no one is around to make a mess. I work 2 jobs so I am never home to mess it up, either haha

Hmm, let’s see. Dd16 and ds16 are finishing up the school year, and are both on two soccer teams so their bags are always out. Dd18 has a severe case of senioritis and is only home to shower and dump stuff and sleep, just got home from prom weekend. We are accumulating her college stuff in the dining room, including ikea bags and a large wooden desk hutch I bought on a Facebook page. Ds20 has an internship in NYC and is moving from one house to another at college, so his stuff is in the dining room. His high school friends are all home from college, and apparently the nightly party spot is at his friend’s 5 houses away, so he’s never home. He also works weekends managing the local garden center where he’s worked for 6 years. Dd22 is living at home temporarily after being away for 2 1/2 years, her stuff is also in the dining room. She moved into dd18’s bedroom, there is no room for her clothes. My father passed away in December, his large house in under contract, we had to completely empty the house for stagers, so I have tons of photos, albums, framed pictures, etc., in my dining room, plus all of his papers. I’m drowning.

Well...

Right now part of it look like a hurricane went through it, mostly dgd play area.
My DD 20 I love her dearly, but there is a reason why her name is part of the hurricane names this year lol.

We downsize to an agreement from a house so go rid of a lot. However she is having issues with how to organize and thinks she knows everything so...

My kitchen floor needs mopped, but with the dogs it needs mopped every day or it looks gross. The main living areas are tidy and clean. Now the laundry piles in my bedroom and my closet?! Don't even get me started. I despise putting laundry away.

Somewhere in the middle. There are no health hazards but the floors needs to be swept, laundry is in baskets needing to be put away and a few other things needs to be put away.

Hmm, let’s see. Dd16 and ds16 are finishing up the school year, and are both on two soccer teams so their bags are always out. Dd18 has a severe case of senioritis and is only home to shower and dump stuff and sleep, just got home from prom weekend. We are accumulating her college stuff in the dining room, including ikea bags and a large wooden desk hutch I bought on a Facebook page. Ds20 has an internship in NYC and is moving from one house to another at college, so his stuff is in the dining room. His high school friends are all home from college, and apparently the nightly party spot is at his friend’s 5 houses away, so he’s never home. He also works weekends managing the local garden center where he’s worked for 6 years. Dd22 is living at home temporarily after being away for 2 1/2 years, her stuff is also in the dining room. She moved into dd18’s bedroom, there is no room for her clothes. My father passed away in December, his large house in under contract, we had to completely empty the house for stagers, so I have tons of photos, albums, framed pictures, etc., in my dining room, plus all of his papers. I’m drowning.

Wow, that must be a pretty large dining room. Sorry about your dad.

The laundry thing, I can wash and dry all day( ok I do it at), but I have DD put her and dgd stuff away.

I actually find cleaning therapeutic. If I am really stressed I go all deep cleaning lol.

The laundry thing, I can wash and dry all day( ok I do it at), but I have DD put her and dgd stuff away.

I actually find cleaning therapeutic. If I am really stressed I go all deep cleaning lol.

I'm a stressed out cleaner, too! I might verge on the edge of OCD when I get anxious. And I can't stand clutter. Everything needs to be in it's place and put away. I would lose my mind if I had to live in a messy house.

I live in a smaller two room apartment. It has a combined kitchen, dining room, living room, and a bedroom, a decent sized bathroom along with a nice balcony.

In the past week I have been on a cleaning and reorganizing binge. I dealt with my walk-in storage closet, my clothes closet, my front hall closet and my bedroom dresser including its junk drawer. I also tackled my desk and computer table and all the kitchen cabinets including the kitchen junk drawer. I took two jumbo boxes to Goodwill and six of the large, heavy duty garbage bags to the dumpster. And just to take it over the top, I emptied everything out of my minivan and took it to a car wash for a premium wash that included vacuuming, upholstery and floor mat cleaning. I am pretty sure this spell of madness has played itself out.

It's fine.....in the process of spring/summer cleaning, so everything is neat and tidy and cleaned out. Just have a lot of dusting to do

I’m off starting next Thursday and so I put off some things until then, when I do a deep clean and purge.
So it is messy as this is a busy time of year for us.

You caught me. Dishes still in the sink. Laundry I haven't put away. A bathroom that needs a good mopping after the dogs got their bath. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts