How much cash?

We did not. We used our own car for a couple of trips.

Is there a way to tip through the app? I do like to tip some people in cash, even when I can put it on the room. Bartenders are in that group. I don't know how you feel about ride share drivers.

Bartenders in Orlando tend to just put the tips in a central jar IIRC

Thank you. I have never used ride sharing before, but I gather you can tip in the app, though I would prefer to tip in cash. I feel the same way about bartenders. We will work it out. :)

I don't know what it's like in Orlando, but in London Uber drivers tend to prefer not to have a tip in cash.

Minnie Vans don't accept tips as they are CMs. AFAIK

Bartenders in Orlando tend to just put the tips in a central jar IIRC

I don't know what it's like in Orlando, but in London Uber drivers tend to prefer not to have a tip in cash.

Minnie Vans don't accept tips as they are CMs. AFAIK

I didn’t realise that about Uber in London - thank you.

From reports, it sounds like Minnie Van CMs will take cash tips, but if you tip through the Lyft app then the CMs don’t appear to receive the money. I would guess that CM tips will decrease as the cost of the Vans continues to rise.

Marks & Spencer! As long as you don't request too much, they can accommodate. They were fine with our $50 request.

Brilliant! Thank you so much.

This is helpful, thank you - I’m not the OP but I go in 2 weeks and am also trying to decide how much cash to bring. Did you use Uber/Lyft/Minnie Vans during your trip? Tips for ride sharing is where I’m imagining the vast majority of our cash will go.

We only have a few days left of our 21 day trip now, and we haven't needed any cash. I brought $500, and I used some to pay tips and I've paid off a bit of our room charges with it. You can tip uber in the app, so no need for cash there. The only place you might need cash is if you want to buy something from the people walking around selling snacks, drinks or light up toys while you're waiting for shows like Fantasmic or Rivers of Light to start I think. Even when we went to Clearwater Beach and rented a cabana we could pay with a card if we wanted.

We only have a few days left of our 21 day trip now, and we haven't needed any cash. I brought $500, and I used some to pay tips and I've paid off a bit of our room charges with it. You can tip uber in the app, so no need for cash there. The only place you might need cash is if you want to buy something from the people walking around selling snacks, drinks or light up toys while you're waiting for shows like Fantasmic or Rivers of Light to start I think. Even when we went to Clearwater Beach and rented a cabana we could pay with a card if we wanted.

That's incredibly helpful, thank you! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I got $30+ of $1 bills from Tesco last week. I didn't have to order them. I was exchanging my £ and that's how they made up the amount :)

I have never had an issue getting $1 bills.

I have a feeling the guy in Asda may have been new... I will be in the shops tomorrow, so I have a few options now that I know other places will do it.

We only took $300 last month and came back with over $100 - cash was only used to leave tips for resort cleaning staff and for a couple of drinks, everything else went on the room account courtesy of our Magic Bands and paid for by credit card as and when Disney decided to do so. We did not have a car and stayed on Disney property for the whole trip.

Previous trips we have always took all cash as we’ve always found it easier to budget when we can see what we’re spending and what’s left to split for each day.

This trip we decided to take a few hundred dollars and try and use our card more. It worked really well as our card had zero fees and an app that was really good to help us budget.

We have always previously been cash people, with me just putting the hotel and any big ticket items we may have bought on a fee-free credit card.

However for our trip six months ago, we decided to enter the 21st century (finally!) and put half our spending money on a Revolut card and half in cash. When we were just entering our final week, we noticed that the Revolut card was birtually out of funds, yet we’d still got easily half of our cash untouched.

We then had to force ourselves to start using the cash (yes, we could easily have topped up the card, but didn’t want to) and that’s when we realised it was so much easier having a card that you could manage through an app. Especially because we no longer had pockets for of small change to carry around any more!

Next trip we’re probably taking the vast majority on the card and just a few hundred dollars in cash. And you never know, by then the US might even have gone to chip and PIN (won’t hold my breath!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter