How much cheaper to book air on website than travel agent?

jennymouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
I noticed on Delta's site that "due to security" the person who's name is on the credit card must be the person flying. I don't have a credit card anymore (that's why I'm able to take vacations now:rolleyes: ) so I'll have to go through a travel agent. How much more do you think I'll have to pay? Does this rule apply if you book through like Expedia, Orbit, Travelocity and sites like that....I use my mothers CC all the time & just give her the cash...she's happy b/c she get the points.

Unless the price is an internet special then the price between online and travel agents should be the same.

One other factor may be if the travel agency is charging transaction fees due to the cutbacks from airlines on their commissions. The transaction fee can be anything from $10-$25 depending on the agency.

You might try calling their 800 # and see if it is possible to sent them a money order or cerified check in place of the credit card. Don't know if this is possible but other places have done this when you don't want to use or don't have card. ;)

Travel Agents also sometimes tack on a processing fee for their services. The airlines cut their commissions on tickets so they need to make up for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter