How much do planners make?

wendyiam

Be Kind to Cast Members
I would love to know what the starting pay salary is for a planner. I think it's my dream job. I know other cast members don't make hardly anything but I thought since it was salaried it might be different.
Thanks Very much!

I would love to know what the starting pay salary is for a planner. I think it's my dream job. I know other cast members don't make hardly anything but I thought since it was salaried it might be different.
Thanks Very much!

I don't know what the starting rate is, but keep in mind:

1. Most wedding planners probably started out as assistants and worked their ways up to more responsibilities. An internship/entry level job specifically in event planning is a great way to get a feel for the field.

2. Salaried only means you're paid a certain amount yearly- it does not mean you get paid more when you put more time in to get the job done! I.e., whether you put in 40 hours a week or 80 hours a week, you're getting the same amount of money. And event planning is not a job that starts at 9 and ends at 5.

3. Disney pays poorly in comparison to other companies because people are willing to work there for low pay. Seek work elsewhere, and chances are those companies will pay better than a similar role at Disney. There's a saying at Disney when someone complains about work (which I see you're probably familiar with)- "McDonald's is hiring." They offer better pay.

I'm a cast member already, I love Disney. I just don't want to take a pay cut from my current position. So if anyone knows an actual pay rate that would be great.

I also know that there were lay offs. My wedding planner being one of them. :(

You might get more responses from the cast member forum..I have no idea what Disney pays any of their employees. I can tell you that in general, event planners don't make alot. DFTW also has sales consultants - it's possible they might work on commission since it's sales related.

You might get more responses from the cast member forum..I have no idea what Disney pays any of their employees. I can tell you that in general, event planners don't make alot. DFTW also has sales consultants - it's possible they might work on commission since it's sales related.

Sorry, I thought I would post it here since you guys know so much about weddings. I guess nobody knows though. Thanks anyway. :)

As a CM, you *should* have access to HR info and job postings? I would think this would be the easiest way to get actual job info. Or at least it would be in other large companies, nut maybe Mickey dies things different!

Good luck!

wendyiam,

If you find out, please let me know! I am an event planner right now for conventions, but I am considering possibly going into weddings if I pursue event planning at all.

Thanks!

As a CM, you *should* have access to HR info and job postings? I would think this would be the easiest way to get actual job info. Or at least it would be in other large companies, nut maybe Mickey dies things different!

Good luck!

I have access to the job postings, there was a spot open but i think it has been filled now. But other then that I'm in the dark lol.
I will keep you in mind if I find out FairytaleBride73!

I have been hearing a lot recently about CMs being poorly paid and that makes me sad. Disney makes so, so much money, why wouldn't they want to share the wealth? I hope they at least offer good employee perks and benefits. :(

There is a job opening right now for a full-time Planning associate but it doesn't specifically say for weddings. I think this would be a good way to get your foot in the door in that area.
You can apply for it online via the HUB, it closes on May 8th.

I saw the job posting that wendyiam was talking about...I was for two part-time wedding planners but looks like the time for which it was up on JOBS Online is up. Some of the postings have an expiration date on them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter