How much do you know about DCL?

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
My 11 year old DD has made her own DCL millionaire quiz. (Thanks Barb) There are 2 questions that I had to think about.
She hopes you enjoy it!

Joanna

How do I put the link (I have it in My Documents) in this thread?

Amanda

Originally posted by Mjasp
How do I put the link (I have it in My Documents) in this thread?Amanda

1.Left click on the link and hold it down( its highlighted )
2.Right click
3.Click on copy.......
4.Go to your post
5.click on edit post
6.Put it in your post and right click ......paste it in your post.
7.Click submit......;)

Nick, I don't think that will work, will it? It is a quiz her DD created and I THINK (perhaps incorrectly?) it is only on her own computer, <I>not</I> a link on the Web. Wouldn't your instructions create a link (unreachable from the DIS) to the doc on her "c" drive? She either needs to upload it to somewhere on the Web and provide a link to that, OR copy and paste the entire text of the document to a DIS post (which might be too large) . . . or did I misunderstand and that's what you were stating? :p

instead of putting a link (which wouldn't work if it's only on your computer), is to open the file in Notepad (for example), Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy, then start at #4 in nick's post.

Hey Amanda~
you should ask Andy, I bet he'd know how to post the link for you.

Jeanny :wave:

Originally posted by Jeanny
Hey Amanda~
you should ask Andy, I bet he'd know how to post the link for you.

you cannot put a link to your personal computer unless it is visible to the outside world, you are running a webserver on it (or another computer which as access to it), with a static address and your ISP allows routing to it. if any of the previous sentence seemed foreign to you, the probability is 99.44% that you cannot do it.

read taswira's post again - she is telling you the answer. Andy won't have any better solution.

Yes, Taswira, you are correct it is only on our computer and we can't paste it as it is question after question and only one question comes up when we paste it.

Thanks all
Joanna

Slyhubby~
I wasn't saying Taswira's info was INCORRECT, or anyone else's for that matter, I was "saying" to ask Andy, he's a wiz when it comes to these boards and postings... if it can be done, he'd probably be the one who would know how.
And BESIDES, I was only trying to HELP.

Jeanny :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter