How much do you pay for parking at HS?

I didn't need to pay to park back in 1994. Neither one of my children had cars in high school, but as far as I can tell, they wouldn't have had a fee, either. Although a replacement parking pass is $5.

Yes it depends on the State- NY you have to be 5 on Dec 1st to start kindergarten so all the kids born in Sept, Oct, Nov are all 4 years old when they start kindergarten and in high school at 13 and graduate at 17.
Must be then. My state is age 5 on or before August 31st for kindergarten and kindergarten isn't actually required by the state (though I don't imagine many opt to not send their child to kindergarten).

21 and in high school!?!? - I can't even imagine that. 13 year olds going to high school with 21 year olds,
Sophomore-senior only. Youngest in the school would have been 15, only part of the year, and less likely to come in contact with a semior.

$0 when we went to public HS in the last 80's in De & MD.
$0 for our sons school in MD (graduated in 2014 & 2015), although it was private so we were paying tuition....also the school offered limited busing and was in a rural area, so a lot of kids drove once they could.
We only have one public high school in our county, they don't charge for a parking permit but you had to be at least a junior. County over had two high schools, $20 application fee and have to at least be a junior. This is for the 2018/2019 school year.

It wasn't very much when I was I high school (80's), but I didn't want to pay for the privilege of parking in the needed pavement work parking lot lol.

I parked in the nearby neighborhood so I could easily walk off campus.

I think it was 50 when my DD was in school but she didn't have a license or a car and she would have had to spend her own money for that want

I lived in the neighborhood across the street from my high school. For years a few kids used to park there with no problem, but eventually so many students were parking there the neighbors complained. The town made my neighborhood parking by resident permit only Monday to Friday from about 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. And yes, cars without permits were often ticketed.

One time my aunt got a ticket when she visited on a school day. My mother paid the ticket.

So you made up a term and all of your friends now use it? One of my kids accidentally coined the phrase handy down instead of hand me down, because she thought that was the right phrase, since hand me downs can be pretty handy. This same child thought the term thumb toe was really a thing until I finally told her the truth while she was filling out a medical form at the podiatrist at the age of 17.
Of course the proper term she was looking for is "foot fingers" but I assumed it was only used by those of us with peri-menopausal brain fog. :rotfl2:I'm fortunate enough that everyone I deal with knows I want a calendar when I ask for a "map of the days" and that "other tomorrow" refers to yesterday. :blush:

I feel like 13 is 7th/8th grade for most I'm not sure you'd run into many 13yr olds in 9th grade. My birthday is in May and I turned 14 at the end of my 8th grade year and I was one of the young ones.

*note I said most.
K-6 is elementary school and 7-12 are in the high school at my kids' school. So yes, 13 year olds would be in the same high school building as someone who is still in high school at 21. Yes, the 7-8 grade is in their own corner of the school and eat lunch first I believe, but they are not isolated.

K-6 is elementary school and 7-12 are in the high school at my kids' school. So yes, 13 year olds would be in the same high school building as someone who is still in high school at 21. Yes, the 7-8 grade is in their own corner of the school and eat lunch first I believe, but they are not isolated.
You missed my note where I said most. I didn't say impossible or never or whatever. I said most.

I'd also say a high school filled with 6 grades is not the average.

Because there are so many falling juniors this year, they get to select spots the last week of May. It may be that the falling sophomores won't get any spaces when they get to try in July. Some HS have more slots, but not where the kiddo goes.

Some grumpy people and her 13 sarcastic friends totally miss the point of being in a circle of trust. Love that some people miss the point. It warms the cockles of my heart.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!