How much do you scrap?

Lesley

DIS Veteran
I've been scrapbooking for less than a year and have now filled 2 albums...one is from my WDW trip last August and the other is just pics from Dec. 1999 to Early 2001 (had a baby in 2000...lots of photos!)

I'm just wondering how many albums you dedicated scrappers do and how many years you fit into an album? It's looking like I should be doing one album per year or so if I keep going as I am. Is this too much? I am planning to do an album for each of my kids....just one each that should cover their first 16-18 years or so (better pace myself...) Plus our WDW trip albums.... Am I nuts?

You are not nuts at all. I do a separate album for Christmases but everything else goes in my regular album - no kids yet. Depending on the number of pictures that year I usually get 18 mos to 2 1/2 years worth of pictures in one album. My newest album starts with our Dec. trip to Disney (45 pages worth) so it looks like I'll barely get a year out of this one.

Keep doing it! Think how your kids will love looking back on their baby pictures years from now and read all about them. My neice has been helping me since she was 3 (simple stuff back then) and at 6 we gave her her own scrapbook. She loves it and I think it will be great for her to look back on as she gets older.

You sound just like me...Now that my daughter is 7, I usually get around 1 1/2 yrs worth of photos into an album for her. But I also keep a school album for her and then a "family" album for all of us. I usually do trips in separate albums. I filled albums a lot faster when she was a baby, you know how they change so fast, you just take tons of pictures. I still feel like I fill my albums pretty fast, but they memories are so precious and they are so fun to look at it doesn't matter to me if we have tons of albums around the house!
Happy Scrapping!

Well, I have a book for everything. I did one book for my wedding. That encompassed the pre-wedding stuff (trying on dresses, showers, etc) all the way to the gift opening. Then I have a separate album for the honeymoon and our subsequent anniversary trips. I have one book for my trip to Europe, one book for Christmas (I do a double page spread per year), one for my dog, one for family vacations/adventures, and I have a separate one for my Disney trip. Plus, there a couple other books I'd like to get started. I also just found out I'm pregnant so now I'll be working on a baby book! Yeah!

Lisa

I have one book for my wedding (I made it 19 years after our marriage, and really enjoyed it doing it so much), seperate books for disney, europe, scouts, and then I do a large book a school year.

Right now I am trying to get back on track and work really hard to get caught up, but just can't get motivated.

Now that my son is out of school I am hoping to get back on track.

I have been scrapping for about 4 yrs now and have 3 albums , though none separated... I haven't gotten that organized yet... I am about to have an 11 day vacation and hope to get some serious scrapping done then!!! If my 5 yr old and 15 month old will just play along with that plan...LOL...

It is addictive isn't it!!

Janet (WIfe of Disneybound4ever)

I do one family album a year. I have one for 1999, 2000 and am working on 2001. I have a baby album for each of my daughters. When my oldest daughter went to kindergarten I started another album just for her. She just finished 2nd grade and her album is almost full. Guess I need to be more selective with the pictures. I was hoping to get all of elementery school in one album. I also do a special vacation album for the years that we take big vacations. In 1999, we spent a week in Jackson Hole, Wy and I have an awsome scrapebook of just that. Now we have just returned from WDW and the 7-day Disney Magic Cruise. We got of the ship last Sat. and I have all 13 rolls of film developed and ready to go. I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator, so I use a lot of rubber stamping in my albums, but I mix some stickers , dye cuts and preprinted pages in too. I have my Animal Kingdom page all finished. Stampin' Up has a wonderful Safari set that I used. I also used the Bon Voyage Set which has a Stamp of a ship, plane, luggage, tickets, confetti, and sunglasses.

If any one has any questions about using stamps in your album, I'd be happy to help. If my husband can help me get the scanner set up I can show everyone some of the Disney pages.

I'm up to 36 pages already for 2001. It must be due to the digital camera we got at Christmas (and I scrapped most of these in May). I also have a disney book emcompassing 2 trips. We had a 3 day trip April/May of this year with over 500 pictures that needs to be done. I have a small book for my daughter's 1st year and am working on the same type for my boys. I started out with lots of extras in the books (especially stickers) but since joining with Creative Memories, I'm sticking by the simple pages completed albums theme! And it's really working.

I have used some Stampin' Up stamps. I've got the letters and also the swirls to make mickey heads. I just love making that the background of a page, especially on those pictures with Mickey and Minnie! There was even a castle I borrowed from my demonstrator which I used for the Magic Kingdom days.

Since I'm caught up for 2001, I've got my 2000 pictures out to get started on that. Just found out that I have no pictures of my daughter from January 2000:confused: .

Have a great day and enjoy scrapping!

mbs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter