How much do you spend on a Disney vacation ?

Princess2R

Mouseketeer
I’ve always gone by myself with a friend and only had my own expenses and i could usually do 4-6 days for 700-1000.

i now have a toddler daughter (husband isn’t into Disney😱) so I have gone with her and I have to pay for her airfare.
Paying for large families must get expensive !

Airfare; 350 per person round trip
tickets: 450+
Hotel: I stay in the values
food: I’ve always brought breakfast and snacks to eat in the room and try to eat on less than 50 bucks a day ! I do all quick service since I am not a big restaurant dining fan

Quite a bit. We rent DVC points and split it three ways. Then we each pay our own park tickets (10 day base or APs, depending on how many park days we want to go). We eat breakfast in the room. Lunches and dinners in the parks for hotel restaurants. It adds up

Last February we stayed at CBR, 6 day non hopper passes, no dining plan, flying from Buffalo, family of 5. Total was about $3800.

We use Southwest points to fly free which saves a big chunk. We ordered breakfast and snack items for the room from Prime Now. Kids split a lot of food in the parks and restaurants. Only did I think 3 table service meals. Kept an eye for room discounts, got the room for about $180/night.

It depends on how many people are going and what type of experience we want. We've done budget trips where we stayed in a value resort, had groceries delivered, and only ate one QS meal a day and limited souvenirs. We've also done trips where we've stayed in a deluxe resort, did a character meal every day, did a special tour (i.e. Keys to the Kingdom), saw the Cirque show and bought expensive souvenirs (I have a weakness for the Disney Dooney bags). Sometimes it's a combination of the two.

If we have a lot of people going we'll rent a villa and stay off-site and do most of our meals at the house.

We usually go for 8-11 day trips from the Midwest. I usually figure the following for our family of 4 adults (2 adults and 2 teens)

$1000 airfare
$2500 Hotel
$1500 Food
$100 Grocery deliver
$2000 Tickets (hopper and more option)
$500 Photo pass and misc Disney shopping

Most trips are $7K to $9K total depending on any add-ons we do and what we eat for food (TS vs QS). I never do the dining plan anymore as it does not make sense when I run the numbers. I did when the kids were under 10 and we did more character meals.

Last edited:
We spend usually about 4,000.

We stay value for 13 nights get 10 day park passes, have some groceries delivered, usually eat quick service but will work in about 3-4 sit down meals over the vacation. Our "spending money is usually Disney rewards points (although we dont spend a ton on souvies any more!) Usually a couple of polo shirts and fudge for me and a few notepads and one of the hand crafted items from AK for DW.

We usually go for 8-11 day trips from the Midwest. I usually figure the following for our family of 4 adults (2 adults and 2 teens)

$1000 airfare
$2500 Hotel
$1500 Food
$100 Grocery deliver
$1000 Tickets (hopper and more option)
$500 Photo pass and misc Disney shopping

Most trips are $7K to $9K total depending on any add-ons we do and what we eat for food (TS vs QS). I never do the dining plan anymore as it does not make sense when I run the numbers. I did when the kids were under 10 and we did more character meals.
Just curious. How do you manage to buy hopper and more option for 8-11 days for 4 Disney adults?

Just curious. How do you manage to buy hopper and more option for 8-11 days for 4 Disney adults?
I hit the wrong button, more like $2K for tickets, not $1K and that depends on how long and what options we add. We usually always add Hopper, but are not always adding the other options of water parks and what not.

Last February we stayed at CBR, 6 day non hopper passes, no dining plan, flying from Buffalo, family of 5. Total was about $3800.

We use Southwest points to fly free which saves a big chunk. We ordered breakfast and snack items for the room from Prime Now. Kids split a lot of food in the parks and restaurants. Only did I think 3 table service meals. Kept an eye for room discounts, got the room for about $180/night.

Wow, for five people, that room rate is amazing. When I looked last year, I couldn't find anything cheaper than $350 through Disney resorts. Are any of the kids under 3?

Family of 4, deluxe most of the time with deals/ renting. Non hopper tickets. 1 Table service a day , QS meals here and there for a week , no dining plan. Some souvenirs. Averaged out to about to 5 to 6k for a week. We are doing a moderate soon so I assume that might make it a tad cheaper or not since prices keep going up.

Around 1.5-2k at most going to DL for an extended weekend.

Hotel: 150-200 night
Airfare: 200ish per person

Then it’s resort tickets and food and fast pass. You have to pay for it out in DL.

I find WDW too expensive. Much cheaper for me to go to Hawaii.

Wow, for five people, that room rate is amazing. When I looked last year, I couldn't find anything cheaper than $350 through Disney resorts. Are any of the kids under 3?

No, at the time they were 8, 7 and 5. We stayed in a standard view room with the 5th sleeper pull down. The dates were Feb 2 - 9th 2019. This was before the Skyliner opened. I had originally booked the room that previous fall and then kept an eye out and then called them back to get the price adjusted the morning a room discount was released. Compared to what they are going for right now at rack it was quite the deal. I wouldn't pay $300 a night for those rooms (honestly I wouldn't pay $250 for them either, unless they were to undergo a room refurb very soon).

We usually have at least one SW ticket so air/2 is about $200, rental car $225, DVC $0 (that's debatable), meals $75 day (including 2 sit down), food for villa $150+ (I cook a few meals, snacks and bkfast), PH's $1200, parking at airport $120, tips $50, mouscellaneous $250+++ About $3100 for 12 days. Add son & DIL it doubles plus or $7500/4 but we love them! :love:

I'm doing a 5 night budget trip for 2 adults (hopefully) in June as something to hold me over since my cruise was cancelled. Here is what I have.

Disney's Pop Century Resort -
Military Disney Resort Hotel Room (preferred pool)
with Quick Service Dining Plan Package : $1472.48

5 day military hopper for me: $277
2x 2 day base tickets (from a previous cancelled trip): value- $438

Military memory maker: $98

Flights: all paid with points/miles

I have Disney gift cards that I purchased at 8% off to pay for the resort/dining and photopass as well as any extras.

We've been 3 times since January of 2016. I'd say somewhere around 8000. 5 adults, 1 child. 7 nights 6 park days with hoppers (2 of the trips).

Our last trip (January of 2019) was the least we have spent. I'd say it was about 6500-7000. We drove since everyone was located somewhere different. We rented a car so we wouldn't have to put the miles on ours, and a couple nights in a hotel as well as an extra couple travel days worth of food, but still probably saved about $1000 as the flight prices were horrible. We also stayed in one room at CBR because it was cheaper than getting 2 value rooms. Had the play stay dine which also saved us some money for dining.

Our first trip in 2016 was the most expensive. Probably around 10,000 if not more. We got an awesome deal on flights though. It was only around $700 for all of us to fly. We stayed a few nights at an AOA suite, and a few nights at CR in a theme park view room so that was where most our money went. We saved a little money that trip as we didn't do park hoppers and only did 5 park days unlike the other two.

February 2018 was probably around 8000. Flight prices sucked, went almost triple from the trip 2 years prior. We stayed in two Sports rooms. Had the dining plan with the play stay dine.

Thinking of a trip this November with just 3 adults. I thought it would be alot cheaper, but staying at a value I think think it'll end up costing at minimum 5,000. Thats including MVMCP which would be an added expense we usually don't do.

I use Disney gift cards to pay for everything I can (and southwest ones when we fly). When the local grocer makes their fuel perks double I get a $500 one (even if we just got home from a trip). By the time you figure in the "free" gas and my credit card points I buy them at a savings of 13.5%. The one grocer will sometimes offer triple perks on Black Friday, and that puts it at 19.5%. Although its hard to buy too many (did 1500 last year) and use the perks before they expire.

It's usually just the two of us going these days (kids are adults AND don't care for Disney) and we favor a long weekend type of trip at this time of our life. Usually 3 or 4 nights max. We go to relax...it's our "trip in between real vacations" ha ha!!
Always get park hoppers (don't do AP's because we never know when we are going, could be twice in a year or could be two years in between visits) because we like to wander where the day takes us.
We prefer to rent DVC points, if not we pay cash and favor the EPCOT or monorail resorts, but also enjoy PORS and SS once in a while.
We fly down from either BWI or PHL.
We don't rent a car, but do utilize Uber a lot...from airport and back and forth from resort to parks. Not everytime or all the time, but probably at least 1/2 the time.
We eat what/when/where we feel like it. Husband isn't a huge breakfast person, so often we will grab a breakfast sandwich while in park on or way. We almost always have one sit down meal per day, usually dinner. And we drink, and that adds up at WDW!!!
We hardly ever buy anything from the gift shops though - not our thing.

My husband has been wanting to take the boys and their SO to Universal (they've never been and earlier this year we went while staying at Sapphire Falls for a convention) for a few nights to celebrate his 50th b'day in the next year or two, and I've been running those numbers...oooff! Not pretty (we'd pick up the tab for everything -food, hotel, tickets, cocktails) but I think it will be fun for my husband, and he only turns 50 once!

Wow, that's $126 a day per person! How do you do it? I thought basic kid admission was $110 a day, not counting air fare, food and hotel.

We often meet extended family down there and do it with a pretty moderate budget. For condos, last time we found some great offsite deals at Cypress Point. Typically for a week stay, we'll just do two park days (usually one day at SeaWorld and one day at the Magic Kingdom). Otherwise tickets get pretty pricey for 10-12 people. Sometimes just two or three of us will do a second Disney day. Last time I forked over for my two Disney diehards (my niece and my son) to go to Disney Hollywood Studios to see all the new Rise of the Resistance stuff. With this big group, all breakfasts are in at the condo, most meals are in too (with maybe a night or two of takeout). On park days lunches and dinners are in the park, counter service or maybe counter service at a nearby Disney hotel. One of our relatives lives in Orlando, so for the four non-park days we do some of the nature activities around the area (he knows great places to go), swim at the resort pool, visit, play games, play tennis, etc. It's more of a family reunion than a Disney holiday really, but a day at Disney park and a day at SeaWorld are built in for a really fun activity for everyone.

For me, I can usually use Southwest point to fly down (easy direct flights, that don't cost a lot in points. Other family members often use Delta frequent flyer points and have a lot of those.

It's inexpensive enough that it is not part of my annual vacation budget to go down there, but something I do with extra discretionary income. Last time for three of us meeting nine others, I spent about 2K, about what I'd spend on a long weekend driving somewhere. I've been down about 35 times though, so don't have that need to see and do everything and am really primarily there to visit extended family. I do love the parks though and doing a day or two there is really fun. It's cheaper for me even with paying for the condo to visit my brother and his family there than visiting them in Idaho which is more expensive to fly too and way more difficult to fly too (lots of layover vs. direct and not on Southwest where I have lots of freebie points due to SW credit card). Orlando is our go to place to gather with family that live all over the country.

Wow, that's $126 a day per person! How do you do it? I thought basic kid admission was $110 a day, not counting air fare, food and hotel.

Tickets were the majority of the cost. Around 2100 for the 5 of us for 6 day non hoppers from Undercover Tourist. Day by day cost decreases the longer your tickets are so it wasn't 110 for every day.

Flights were free.

We spent about $500 on food. Amazon Prime Now cut down on a lot of cost as well as quick service and splitting bigger entrees. Hotel was $1250. I just realized I didn't account for tips to the DME driver or various people at the resort so the total is probably edging closer to that $4k mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!