How much do you spend on a Disney vacation ?

We normally stay for about 10 days....
$200 Gas
$0 Hotel (DVC Owner)
$2000 Food
$100 Grocery
$0 AP (we have already used our pass so we are in the “free” portion as we like to think)
$500 misc and Disney shopping

I would say total about 3K for the 3 of us.... 2 Disney adult and one Disney child

Budget for our upcoming trip -- We two + 4 adult children in their 20s /7 nights /4 park days /renting a house near the parks:

Transportation to Orlando and around town: $100 for gas -- the kids will drive their own cars because they'll want to have their own transportation for non-park days.
Uber: estimate $40 for Uber (two ways) on the day we go to Magic Kingdom
Parking for one day: $25
One night at campsite: $80 -- to get no-cost Magic Bands and parking for two days
Lodging: $1000 or less for a house with pool (can't be exact; not yet reserved)
Tickets: $2136 for six 4-Park Magic tickets
Food: $1200 -- giving each person a $200 gift card for food in the parks -- this is gracious plenty considering our Disney eating habits, and if the kids go over $200 they're responsible for it themselves.
I'm estimating we'll spend $200 in groceries for the house, but since we usually spend about $100 at home (and won't be eating anything at home that week), I'm only counting it as $100. I'll make-ahead and bring a couple frozen homemade meals that'll pop right into the oven /will be inexpensive meals at the house.
I have several hundred dollars in Starbucks gift cards (everyone gives teachers Starbucks cards, but I don't drink coffee), so we're going to use them to order breakfast biscuits on park days.
Miscellaneous: I'm assuming $200 for a few new items of clothing, sunscreen, and other small necessities.

$4931 total (or $822 per person for a week)

It is easy to go crazy and spend a ton of money at Disney, and even when taking steps to save money Disney IS a luxury vacation.
Yes, Disney is a luxury vacation. Luxury, at least in this case, means expensive.
Oh I don't mind Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Don't mind? I'd love to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I'd only spend that kind of money if the resort were the destination. I wouldn't pay those prices and then stay gone all day to the parks!
Next time we cruise I'm planning on going to Florida 1-2 days early and staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Disney rarely budges enough to make an impact.
Isn't that the truth? I'm kinda amazed that tickets are 50% of my above budget!
Now we have jobs that require us to travel a lot.
I don't miss much about my husband working, but hotel points /free hotel stays are at the top of that list!
I've been trying to convince my husband that us plus our little ones could have an amazing time, but he says we couldn't do it for less than $1k day so its a "no go" for now :rotfl2:
You can't really do Disney "cheaply", but you can certainly do it for less than 1K/day.
We normally stay for about 10 days....
$200 Gas
$0 Hotel (DVC Owner)
$2000 Food
$100 Grocery
$0 AP (we have already used our pass so we are in the “free” portion as we like to think)
$500 misc and Disney shopping

I would say total about 3K for the 3 of us.... 2 Disney adult and one Disney child
Eh, DVC is far from free, so I don't think it's really fair to say that your hotel cost is $0. And you've already noted that your AP cost money.

Last edited:
Our usual trip is about 3 full days in the park plus arrival and departure days. And we usually spend around the same just depends if we do character dining or not.
This is for Disneyland and we live about 6 hours away.
$0 Rental car Paid with chase UR
$100 Fuel
$0 Hilton property Thurs - Sat paid with points
$190 DLH Sat - Mon Paid one night with Chase UR half another nigh with Disney rewards
$100 or less on food. Just 3 of us and I always have $200+ Disney gift cards i earn on SB or others.
$200 souvenirs. Mostly DD. always buys new ears and new spirit jersey. DH and I just buy churros lol.

Total about $590 + Annual Pass.

Most of my trips are under $1k just depends how much I have earned on surveys and what extras we want to spend on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!