How much do you spend on groceries?

How much do you spend per person per week?

Votes: 6 3.5%

Votes: 13 7.6%

Votes: 15 8.8%

Votes: 14 8.2%

Votes: 27 15.8%

Votes: 7 4.1%

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • More than 50

Votes: 57 33.3%

• Total voters
We live in Florida and I do not know about everyone else but the price of groceries, especially produce, has seemed to sky rocket over the past month or so. There are only 2 of us and we stick to a menu during the week, except on Fridays, our date night, where we go out to eat. The farmer's market just opened so we are going to check them out this weekend (farmers markets close during the summer when it is too hot). We were using a meal delivery system but found we were wasting food. The other day I spent $160 at Publix for the week. I also include cleaning, health and beauty, and pet products. On top of the $160, we will spend another $25 at least on other things. So, $200 a week or $800 a month.

We live in Florida and I do not know about everyone else but the price of groceries, especially produce, has seemed to sky rocket over the past month or so. There are only 2 of us and we stick to a menu during the week, except on Fridays, our date night, where we go out to eat. The farmer's market just opened so we are going to check them out this weekend (farmers markets close during the summer when it is too hot). We were using a meal delivery system but found we were wasting food. The other day I spent $160 at Publix for the week. I also include cleaning, health and beauty, and pet products. On top of the $160, we will spend another $25 at least on other things. So, $200 a week or $800 a month.

I haven't found prices skyrocketing...just rotating...summer produce is now very high (berries are hard to find cheap), but some proteins have dropped (I got Perdue antibiotic-free, all free roasters for just 75 cents/lb yesterday - making a roast chicken today instead of planned chicken breast b/c how could I leave that in the store - I got 2:)))...also, some of the fall produce has gone way down, so now's the time for apples, pears, grapes, squashes, broccoli, etc...

We spend about $100 for 4 people, me, hubby and two girls ages 10 & 11. Roughly $25pp/week. We mostly eat home made meals not pre prepared or convenience items. We only eat out maybe 1-2x/week so most of our meals are from home. This does not include household items, just food. Also, this will vary some based on locality, right now where I am I have a gazillion grocery store options so there is a lot of competition. Milk is $1, eggs are a $1. Most of my shopping is done at Lidl, Wal-Mart and Harris Teeter.

I spend about $20-$35/week on groceries for myself. I also usually eat out for about three meals a week at around $35/week.

i've seen this as well and while i know some of it is b/c of seasonal availability it's not entirely the case b/c items that are grown locally to us and are traditionally a great value this time of year are MUCH higher in price this year (i've not seen apple prices this high ever). there are also some basic canned goods that have really shot up in price over the past year. i buy the bulk of my canned goods once a year (case sales) so when the store didn't do their sale this year i was left to restock as i could. i knew i wouldn't get the great values that sale had offered but OMG, the prices for some items have skyrocketed b/c no way was i getting those cases at 50-60% off retail single can prices.

I aim for $300/month, realistically budget $350 month, and sometimes go up to $400/month because we have bad habits of buying expensive prepared foods, buying aspirational produce, or not maximizing all our leftovers. That number usually includes stocking up on some items, like if a particular cut of meat is on sale for $1/lb or if I need to buy a jar of a condiment for a recipe. This includes paper towels, dish soap, etc. but not pet food, coffee/fast food, or meals out, including work lunches out. Now that DH is on a new diet where he is supposed to eat fresh fruit and drink milk all the time, I'm expecting it to trend more towards $350-400 a month :(

i've seen this as well and while i know some of it is b/c of seasonal availability it's not entirely the case b/c items that are grown locally to us and are traditionally a great value this time of year are MUCH higher in price this year (i've not seen apple prices this high ever). there are also some basic canned goods that have really shot up in price over the past year. i buy the bulk of my canned goods once a year (case sales) so when the store didn't do their sale this year i was left to restock as i could. i knew i wouldn't get the great values that sale had offered but OMG, the prices for some items have skyrocketed b/c no way was i getting those cases at 50-60% off retail single can prices.

I’ve never bought sale case canned goods, is there a particular time of year they happen?

I’ve never bought sale case canned goods, is there a particular time of year they happen?

around here it is usually in october (stock up for winter) but even if a store doesn't have an actual case sale going many will offer case discounts if you ask about it. if an item is at the store's regular price they generally offer a 10% discount but i've had some major chains offer that on top of a sale price-the way to do it is to inquire at customer service to see if they have full cases they can pull for you from the back (that way they are in flats/sometimes sealed in wrapping) and then ask if they do the additional discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter