How much does your adult cat weigh?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
My cat will be 2 years old in October. She is so little. She has a tiny head. Everyone thinks she is a kitten, and is shocked when they find out she is almost 2! Today, she had a wellness exam and weighs a whopping 8 POUNDS! The vets says that is great. She is perfect.

Now, she is only the 2nd cat I have ever owned, and my 1st cat was a male. He seemed "normal" sized to me, and I know he weighed somewhere around 11/12 pounds.

I brought her in concerned she was too little for her age, and find out she is fine. I guess I have a petite little girl.

How much does your cat weigh?

Mine is also about 2 years old (almost 3 i think) and she weighs six pounds! It's not as if she doesn't eat, she's just a small cat. :cat:

I work in a 12 Doctor practice ( vet office) and they all say my cat is of normal size she is 9.8 lbs and to me she looks thin but they say she is perfect so no worries : ) I am sure she is fine and it is better to be on the thin side then on the obese side . My weenie dog is overweight on RD diet it makes him poo a ton and it looks gross but he is 11 lbs and that makes him about 2 lbs over his normal wieght range : (

I'm not sure how much Venus, the kitty in my signature weighs, but she's tiny. Her brother is small, too, but not as small. Venus looks bigger with her long hair, but there isn't much to her. Tigger and Belle, my other cats are larger, but still not real big. The funny thing is that I've always liked large cats, but when I go to pick them out I totally forget that. :teeth:

Tiger weighed I think on average 15 lbs. Squeakie weighed 7 lbs. I think Will weighs about 13 lbs.

My cat is 5 years old, and weighs 6 lbs. People think she is still a kitten. As a matter of fact, my mom's 3 month old kitten is bigger than my cat. I think some cats are just destined to be little.

my one cat is about 7 1/2 lbs now, at 8 yrs old but she was 9 or 10 lbs before. She is still recovering from some bad burns she sustained back in March. My other cat is 11 lbs at 4 yrs old, I think. She is also super-fluffy. Her name is Catarina, but we call her Fat-a-rina. Short little legs, wide puffball body.
454.gif
:rotfl:

First cat - lived to age 8 - autoimmune disease - weighed 22 pounds (1/2 Siamese)
Second cat - lived to age 17 - renal failure - weighed 14 pounds
Third cat - lived to age 9 - anaphylactic shock from vaccinations - 4-1/2 pounds
Fourth cat - still kicking at 11 - 12 pounds

Yes, #3 actually weighed 4-1/2 pounds. VERY slim, tiny proportions, delightfully petite! :cat:

Lucy - lived to almost 14 yrs old - died of kidney disease after attempting sub-Q fluids for 2.5 mths - healthy around 8 lbs - sickest about 4.5 lbs :guilty:

Splash - is going on 18 yrs old in Oct - kidney disease discovered 1.5 yrs ago & doing sub-Q fluids - most she has weighed as 9.5 -- we've gotten her to hold at 8 lbs for the past 1.5 yrs by feeding & feeding & feeding!

This is my Tom and he weighs 20 pounds. I need a bigger carrier as the one I have is tight for him. He can turn around in it, but we have to shake it to get him out :joker:

Tom.jpg

Our 12 year old cat, Bartholomew, weighs in at 27 lbs.---3 years ago, he weighed 32 lbs., but we forced him on a diet! :rotfl: His mother, Kate, is 13 years old and weighs 13 lbs....she always seems "tiny" to us compared to her son.

I'll try to upload some photos!

Karla B. :goodvibes

That sounds right for an adult female cat. My little girl cat is about 9 - 9.5 lbs, and she has a little "pooch" but otherwise looks very petite.

Now her brother, on the other hand, is about 13.5 - 14 pounds. He's quite a bruiser!

Oh my, my 3 cats, one is around 25# -male, the 2 girls are #20 and 18#.

Our cats are 3 1/2 years old and are brothers from the same litter. Fred weighs 14 1/2 pounds and Barney, the runt of the litter, weighs just 9 pounds.

We have 6 cats.
#1 Sarah, is 3 and weighs @ 5 pounds
#2 Boots, is 2 and weighs @ 7 pounds
#3 Rufus, is 2 and weighs @ 7 pounds
#4 Midnight, is 2 and weighs @ 15 pounds
#5 Jinks, is 1.5 and weighs @ 2.5 pounds
#6 Pepper, is 5 months and weighs @ 2 pounds

We lost our oldest cat last year, Pistol, he was @ 25 pounds when he died, But he was the rip old age of 16.

taximomfor4 said:
My other cat is 11 lbs at 4 yrs old, I think. She is also super-fluffy. Her name is Catarina, but we call her Fat-a-rina. Short little legs, wide puffball body.

My cat that lives out with my parents is named Cisco, but they call her Crisco for the same reasons. She looks like a marshmallow on toothpicks--skinniest little legs and tiny feet, but has a stomach that makes her look like she swallowed a football.

As for my cat that lives with me (named Rowan but usually only called that when he's misbehaving; otherwise, I call him Tub) weighs probably 15 pounds or so. He's lost a little weight recently, but even if he were skinny, he'd still be a big boy; he's considerably taller than my parents' Shih-Tsu and has to wear dog collars because cat collars are almost always too small.

have 4 cats.
the 3 females all are small- 2 are still kittens- 6 months old- momma cat is skinny
male cat well use to be at one time, he has been fixed since 8 months old- 9 1/2 years old he weighs..... 40 lbs!! yes that is NOT a typo

My 14 year old male cat weighs 12 lbs and my almost 4 year old female cat weighs 8 lbs.

Cheeky weighs 14.3lb and according to the vet this week he needs to loose 1lb. Figaro weighs around 10lb which the vet said is the correct weight for his size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter