How much does your adult cat weigh?

That's what I was thinking too! Tigger weighs in at 18 pounds, and the vet says that although he's big-boned, he should be down around 15 pounds. Yet, he's not a big eater either. Simba's "only" 11.5 pounds and what's funny is that he's the moocher, always begging for more food.

Wow, this is an old thread! Simba crossed the rainbow bridge several years ago, at the ripe old age of 17. Tigger's still going strong at 13 years, and over 20 pounds.

Our Bombay or as we call her "big girl" weighs in around 16 lbs.
Our Maine Coon know as "little girl" weighs in around 9 lbs.

Old thread is old but, my cat is a large framed cat he's ~12 and used to weigh close to 17lbs. He's recently gotten sick over the past few months and the vets told us he only weighs 12 now :(

25b9fb94-7464-43d8-aa77-72c9beeb3815_zps4v2fi0iz.jpg

If you asked a vet, my cats are dying yesterday because they weigh more than 10 pounds. :rolleyes:

Personally I'd rather they had a little meat on their bones than being exactly the ideal weight. That way if they end up getting sick, they have some more reserve to fall back on while you try to help them get better and they don't waste away into nothing overnight.

Potter and Weasley are brothers, and almost 18 years old. Indoor cats once we got them at age 4 months, but they were feral before that. At one point they were both up pretty close to 20lbs, but I bet now Weasley weighs around 14lbs. and Potter weighs maybe 10 or 11lbs. Potter is now turning up his nose at all his favorite foods (Fancy Feast, cheese, yogurt, rotisserie chicken) but I can get him to eat crunchy, dry food. He's also eating about half to 2/3rds of what he would eat 6 months ago, but he's still active and drinks enough water (but not too much, not more than usual). We worry, but a call to the vet resulted in begin told he's just getting old. I think we might take both boys in for a check-up sooner than the usual schedule, because I still worry.

Our 15 year old cat looks fat as a house. She weighs 13.5 lbs. we have a pair of 10 month old kittens too and we haven't had them back to the vet since their initial visits, so I'm not sure how much they weigh. I would guess 6 lbs each.

My cat is just a tiny 8 lbs, but she's loved so much and anytime she asks for milk, she gets it!

That's what I was going to say. There are all of a sudden a bunch of 11 year old Zombie posts appearing

Well - the Halloween party starts this month - so Zombies are in order.

If you asked a vet, my cats are dying yesterday because they weigh more than 10 pounds. :rolleyes:

Personally I'd rather they had a little meat on their bones than being exactly the ideal weight. That way if they end up getting sick, they have some more reserve to fall back on while you try to help them get better and they don't waste away into nothing overnight.

I agree. I always counter with - when they start losing weight, they are dying. Which has been 100% of our experience.

Our heaviest at the moment is just shy of 17 pounds. Our all time heaviest was 26 pounds. He got depressed when his best bud cat died (after losing a bunch of weight), and binged his way to that weight. He lived for years at that weight. When he dropped back down to around 20, his days were numbered.

My previous torti kitty was petite girl and weighed 8.5lbs. My curent ginger boy is and is a lean 11lbs. We just added a Maine Coon girl to our family and she's a little pudgy at 14.5lbs.

Cedric is my avitar. He was born in 2005, I adopted him in 2006. In 2011 at 18 lbs he was diagnosed with diabetes. With a diet change to high protein, low carb canned food plus lantus insulin 2x per day, he went into remission for 2 years. He lost weight, but in 2013 he went back on insulin (first lantus then levemir) and passed away due to accute necrotizing pancreatitis.

While feline diabetes is manageable, and cats can go into remission (this is why testing their blood sugar before giving insulin is critical) feeding dry food only compounded the problem. Once I got him off that and on to better food, things improved. Just like in humans, being obese/heavy isn't healthy.

I currently have 2 cats - Dallas, Cedric's brother from another mother, and Ace.
Dallas is about 14 lbs which is about as high as he should be for his build. Ace on the other hand is my squirt. He is about 10 lbs, as he is a smaller build.

I have 5 cats.
My 15 year old female weighs about 5 pounds. She has recently lost some weight, and I think the end is near for her.
My 9 year old male weighs 22 lbs.
I two 6 year old males and a 5 year old male, they all weigh about 10 lbs.

My cat goes between 6 and 6.5 pounds. She just turned 18. I think the most she weighed was about 9 pounds but she has a bunch of medical issues now.

I haven't had them weighed in a while but the almost 3 year old female is about 14 lbs. and the the almost 2 1/2 year old male is about 7 lbs. He is so tiny compared to her. Like another poster above, my cat that passed away a few years ago was around 18-20 lbs., but she was diabetic.

I have brother and sister cats. They were adopted from a farm down the way from where I used to live. The farmer's wife cuts my moms hair. My nephews were with at the time and insisted the two belong together, and named them Tom and Gerri on the spot. The male is big in size but not overly plump coming in at a lean 18lbs. I'm not sure about the female kitties weight but she is similar to her brother, big, lean, but much more energetic. She can be a lovable handful at times.

Cats are just like people, some smaller and some larger naturally.

Our old Siamese who we lost last year was a big-boned, muscular boy, and at his healthiest he was 16 pounds.

We have a new male cat now, 2 years old, and he is smaller overall and weighs 11 pounds (he can probably stand to lose a pound or two.) He still seems very small compared to our old cat!

Our tortie girl, 12 years old, currently weighs 8 pounds, but she has kidney disease and should probably weigh 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter