• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much heat does a light bulb produce?

Rajah

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how much your common 60-Watt incandescent light bulb produces?

Enough to start a fire if cloth or paper comes in contact with it for a few minutes. My sister once set up a "reading room" in her closet when we were kids. The light she put in the the closet had no lampshade, and the exposed bulb ended up igniting her clothes in the middle of the night (she had left the light on). She woke up in a smokey room, ran and grabbed the fire exstinguisher and put the fire out herself. There was very lttle damage, but it scared her pretty good.

Heres a more exact answer to your question. Note that this is for a 90 watt bulb.
heatloss.gif

And I was going to say - enough heat to bake a cake in the easy bake oven - if you wait long enough

Originally posted by Marla Hellwig
And I was going to say - enough heat to bake a cake in the easy bake oven - if you wait long enough
You stole my answer Marla!! :p

Since we're doing "enough" answers here :) ........enough to cause 2nd degree burns to the arm of a child walking across the back of a couch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter