How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

I love planning Disney trips too! My target is under 5,000. We're not driving and are willing to make some of our own meals. We don't do park hoppers because no one has the energy for that much travel. We're eating at Teppan Edo, Tangieriene and Tusker.

If you're looking to stay onsite, and cook meals, I'd suggest the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness. They sleep five comfortably, plus you get a kitchen. Also, Ft. Wilderness in December is so much fun! People really go all out decorating their camp sites for the holidays. I checked on the Disney site, and the rack rate for the cabins is $382 a night. Not cheap, but you'll save money if you cook some of your meals in the cabin.

Otherwise, you might want to look at renting DVC points, or staying offsite.

Right now I have it budgeted at approx. $5,400 for our trip next month:

5 Nights at POFQ= $571.96
2 Nights at Poly Studio=$606
Airfare for 4=$508
Food budget= $2000
Tickets for 3 (I have an AP)= $1407
Souvenirs= Approx. $300

This is our first family trip without a DDP and I am a little nervous about the food costs...
That's a great rate for POFQ!

Family of 6 (2 free)

5 days camping on property +
4 park days $1874.69
5 days off property $572.80
Halloween party $527.19
Christmas party $416.43
Universal Day $702.80
10 meals on property (breakfasts & quick service mainly) $1200
Driving 12 hours/Gas $300??
Parking- $70

$5,663 plus spending money, so $6000. To sleep in a tent. lol

If you're looking to stay onsite, and cook meals, I'd suggest the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness. They sleep five comfortably, plus you get a kitchen. Also, Ft. Wilderness in December is so much fun! People really go all out decorating their camp sites for the holidays. I checked on the Disney site, and the rack rate for the cabins is $382 a night. Not cheap, but you'll save money if you cook some of your meals in the cabin.

Otherwise, you might want to look at renting DVC points, or staying offsite.

At this point, she’s too late for renting DVC points for this December, particularly if she’d be looking at a smaller villa (studio or 1 bedroom). The first 2 weeks of December are THE busiest weeks for DVC and members book right at their 11 month mark (in January) to get what they want, particularly for the more popular resorts. And it’s now past the 7 months mark for those dates (our 7 month mark was last Saturday), so there’s even less availability now that owners can book at any resort, not just their home one. DVC (renting or owning) works best for people who can plan 11 months out.

At this point, she’s too late for renting DVC points for this December, particularly if she’d be looking at a smaller villa (studio or 1 bedroom). The first 2 weeks of December are THE busiest weeks for DVC and members book right at their 11 month mark (in January) to get what they want, particularly for the more popular resorts. And it’s now past the 7 months mark for those dates (our 7 month mark was last Saturday), so there’s even less availability now that owners can book at any resort, not just their home one. DVC (renting or owning) works best for people who can plan 11 months out.

Thanks. I don't know much about renting...actually, nothing...since I own DVC. But yes, not much available for December...except Saratoga (as of today, 5/13). Although, I'm guessing that those points are only available for rental if a member decides to offer them through a rental site? Maybe it's harder to rent points than I thought. I definitely know that member availability is spotty from Sept. through Jan. I suppose that logically extends to the rental market as well, since it's a popular time for DVC members to vacation.

Last edited:
Thanks. I don't know much about renting...actually, nothing...since I own DVC. But yes, not much available for December...except Saratoga (as of today, 5/13). Although, I'm guessing that those points are only available for rental if a member decides to offer them through a rental site? Maybe it's harder to rent points than I thought. I definitely know that member availability is spotty from Sept. through Jan. I suppose that logically extends to the rental market as well, since it's a popular time for DVC members to vacation.

Exactly. Rental reservations are still made by DVC owners using their own points but the reservations are made in the renter’s name and the owner receives payment from the renter. We’re renting points from a friend who owns at OKW. He booked our December studio in February with his points in my name and I paid him a per point amount that we had agreed upon. He just did a waitlist for us last week, since we hit our 7 month mark, for AKV- Kidani, though I know that the chances of any studio waitlist coming through are miniscule. Had we booked through a rental company, waitlisting would not be an option.

It’s a popular time for DVC rentals for the same reasons it’s a popular time for owners- less points (since renters pay a per point amount) and holiday festivities. So renters need to need to book at 11 months (actually, they should contact a rental company a week or 2 prior to be matched with an owner) to get what they want, just as if an owner was booking for themself.

Family of 6 (2 free)

5 days camping on property +
4 park days $1874.69
5 days off property $572.80
Halloween party $527.19
Christmas party $416.43
Universal Day $702.80
10 meals on property (breakfasts & quick service mainly) $1200
Driving 12 hours/Gas $300??
Parking- $70

$5,663 plus spending money, so $6000. To sleep in a tent. lol

Here's hoping you get good tenting weather!:wizard:

Exactly. Rental reservations are still made by DVC owners using their own points but the reservations are made in the renter’s name and the owner receives payment from the renter. We’re renting points from a friend who owns at OKW. He booked our December studio in February with his points in my name and I paid him a per point amount that we had agreed upon. He just did a waitlist for us last week, since we hit our 7 month mark, for AKV- Kidani, though I know that the chances of any studio waitlist coming through are miniscule. Had we booked through a rental company, waitlisting would not be an option.

It’s a popular time for DVC rentals for the same reasons it’s a popular time for owners- less points (since renters pay a per point amount) and holiday festivities. So renters need to need to book at 11 months (actually, they should contact a rental company a week or 2 prior to be matched with an owner) to get what they want, just as if an owner was booking for themself.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep it mind if we ever decide to rent our points out. And enjoy OKW...it's my home resort, and we LOVE it there!! So relaxing and laid back. Plus, those studios are huge and very comfortable. A hidden gem among the Disney resorts!

Gosh. More than I expected: 5 people - 4 disney adults and 1 toddler under 3. We have APs already so:
2 nights poly CL and 7 nights beach club 3364
Flights only 693 as I used UR points
MNSSHP: I guess 280 ??
Food: 1,500 ?

SO maybe 5,837 plus one night Hyatt airport for arrival night. I thought this trip would be under 5K!! oooops

Well I'm thinking I should go off-site at an budget hotel, or choose Disneyland if everything is already booked for dvc?

Thanks for the info. I'll keep it mind if we ever decide to rent our points out. And enjoy OKW...it's my home resort, and we LOVE it there!! So relaxing and laid back. Plus, those studios are huge and very comfortable. A hidden gem among the Disney resorts!

Well I'm thinking I should go off-site at an budget hotel, or choose Disneyland if everything is already booked for dvc?

According to the DVC Availability Tool (which is not an official Disney site and only updates twice a day but is all I have access to since I’m not a DVC owner), Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) still shows full availability for one and two bedrooms the entire month of December. However, the one bedroom ranges between 22 and 36 points per night for the first few weeks of December, depending on what specific dates you’re looking at and if you want standard or preferred, and at about $17/point (the going rate on most rental sites), that adds up quickly. Obviously, you’d need to price out your exact dates and see if the price point would meet your budget. If you decide you do want to do SSR, you’d want to contact a rental site as soon as possible because availability can change quickly, especially for that time of year. The rental site would then need to match you up with an owner that has the amount of points you’d need to use. The good thing is that SSR is the biggest DVC resort and thus the last to book, so it often has availability much later than other DVC resorts and you’re in (or close to) the 7 month mark so any owner with available points could book for you, not just SSR owners.

According to the DVC Availability Tool (which is not an official Disney site and only updates twice a day but is all I have access to since I’m not a DVC owner), Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) still shows full availability for one and two bedrooms the entire month of December. However, the one bedroom ranges between 22 and 36 points per night for the first few weeks of December, depending on what specific dates you’re looking at and if you want standard or preferred, and at about $17/point (the going rate on most rental sites), that adds up quickly. Obviously, you’d need to price out your exact dates and see if the price point would meet your budget. If you decide you do want to do SSR, you’d want to contact a rental site as soon as possible because availability can change quickly, especially for that time of year. The rental site would then need to match you up with an owner that has the amount of points you’d need to use. The good thing is that SSR is the biggest DVC resort and thus the last to book, so it often has availability much later than other DVC resorts and you’re in (or close to) the 7 month mark so any owner with available points could book for you, not just SSR owners.
Thanks I'm going to look at the site! I didn't know there was a tool for availability. I'm also eyeing the Sheraton and Bonnet Creek.

It looks like we may have nailed down dates for 2019. I’m not holding my breath as it is much harder to book vacation time with one kid in college, one in high school and 3 different work schedules to consider. But.. it’s looking like early May will work schedule, cost, and crowd wise for next year.
I did a preliminary budget yesterday that came in way too high, but I have wiggle room and a year to save. Thinking of driving instead of flying to save some major money for the 5 of us.

Anyhow.. May 2019, 9 nights at Bonnet Creek, 7 day tickets, food, and travel, is looking to be about $5000 USD or roughly $6500 Canadian. Yuck. I will work to bring that down for sure.

2 Adults, 2 kids, 1 infant
8 days/7 nights at POP
5 day tickets
Disney Dining Plan
$3,504

Airfare to MCO - $22.50 + 34,000 skymiles
Return airfare - TBD

Depending on airfare, we may cut our trip short by 1-2 days or potentially rent a car and drive home.

2 adults , 2 kids
1 night AKL, 7 nights WL (DVC rental)
4 or 5 day tickets
$3300 or so

Christmas party tickets $420

airfare (points + $50.00 in 9/11 fees).

$1,500 Food and souvenir budget

I think I've nailed down December 9th to the 15th. Either the Vistana or 2 Pop Century rooms as my oldest loved that hotel. We all did! Very fun and the food was decent. Customer service was amazing and the valet at luggage helped me to decide on our next trip to WDW instead of DL Anaheim.

It's going to be tix for 5, 3 over 9 and 2 under 9. That's up to 1970. No park hoppers and no dining plan. Teppan Edo, Tangieriene, Tusker House and Via Napoli are out of pocket. Thinking hoopty doo revue or Mickey's BBQ. Or the California Grill for character dining?

Definitely want the Magic Kingdom dessert party for fireworks. However the kids will want souvenirs. I'm bringing a suitcase of surprises and diying our own room celebration. Any other ideas to wow the kids but not go broke?

It's 1970 for tix for 6 days, 1000 for meals most cooked in our suite, still looking for a deal for Vistana and 100 for airport transport to and from. Add in another 100 for lyft and 90 for stroller rental for a week. 100 for extra clothes and custom tee's.

So far I'm at 3300ish. I don't do maths well. Lol. I'm budgeting up to 6000 total.

2 adults, 2 kids
1 day Legoland San Diego
5 night Disney cruise
2 day Disneyland park hoppers
Royal tea party
Fantasmic hb dining package
World of Color dessert party
Hotel 3 nights

~$7900 after discount

Have not accounted for food costs on non cruise days, home to airport transportation/ parking, souvenirs, guesstimating additional $500.

May 25-29th 2 adults Annual Pass-holders
Room $650 4 nights at POP
Food $1000 4 TS reservations
Flight $400 round trip southwest IND / MCO
Souvenirs $400
$2450 total

Our hope was to go sometime late Sept or Oct. My DH promised his sister he would take her to Disney (same sis we went to WDW with last year, was wonderful ) after a health scare she had early this year. So my hope is around $3000 cuz we will be buying tickets for 4, paying for hotel. Sister will pay for food and probably tickets for MNSSHP. So not a bad deal and if we go I know we will have a fantastic time again!! Here's hoping....pirate::smickey::tink::hmghost::mickeybar

We are planning a early Jan trip 2019. the 2nd-8th actually. Here's the budget. We are giving up a 25th anniversary 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise to do this family reunion trip. Wanted to keep it low in cost so the hubby and I can still go somewhere for our 25th.

Flights: Phx to Orlando roughly $350 per person. 3 of us- enough airfare miles to pay for one of those flights= $700
Hotel: Staying with in laws in their timeshare Bonnett Creek= free for us
Rental car: $125 for a week
Tickets: 2 day non hoppers for 3 adults $627- $500 in Disney reward dollars= $127
Food: will eat breakfast in room, lunch in parks or out while exploring, dinner(some in room, some out)= $500- $125 I would usually spend on groceries at home= $375

Total for 3 adults= $1318.

We are planning 2 park days (epcot and animal kingdom), some time relaxing by the pool, a dinner with large extended family in timeshare room, a trip to Boardwalk in the evening to stroll around, a trip to Disney Springs and a ride on the monorail. Possibly a trip to Gatorland to add in there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!