how much luggage do you bring?

hellokitty

dis veteran/disney addict
we are only taking carry on's!! this trip. we are hoping to save lots of time, we waited forever for our suitcases last time

we are a family of four w/three small carry on's ---- i couldnt believe i could fit a 5 day trip into this little of space?

what do you have?

This worked great before Sept 11.
But be for-warned airport security will most likely open some/or all of your carry-ons before boarding the plane at security check points. If you have connecting flights this could be VERY time consuming.

Airport security is changing very drastictley since the attacks. Security checks everything and requires you to dump everthing out on the table for them to go through.

We flew 1 1/2 weeks after the attack and again last week and security has change alot since then even!!

Scott

We have done this nearly every trip to WDW, but don't intend to this time because of the security issue. It would be difficult to get some needed toiletries like nail file, nail clipper etc. in a carry on right now. We have checked bags also and have had guests with us who checked bags and never had much of a delay waiting for them. I suppose a lot of this has to do with which airline you come on. We keep luggage to one small to medium case per person plus a purse/carry on. We are DVC members though, so we have in room laundry facilities, and use them to pack less.

Last trip we took for a family of 4, spending 4 days at WDW and then the 3 night Disney Wonder cruise, 4 large suitcases and 4 carry-ons. This time we are going much lighter because we do not need nice clothes for dinner, so we are aiming for only 3 suitcases and 2 carry-ons. We will see though! :)

Our family of 4 staying for 9 nights, I am guessing right now that we will have about 5-7 with 1 carryon.
I dont like to forget anything....:)

For our recent trip, (there were 7 of us staying for 6 nights),we had 3 carry ons, 2 backpacks, 1 camcorder bag and a diaper bag. I also had my fanny pack. I packed light because I planned on doing laundry at Disney. It worked out so well, I even had room left for souviners! :)

I couldn't fit a weekend of clothes into carry-ons! How do you do it? Clothes, hairdryers, toiletries, etc. That's way too much to carry on board a plane! It always annoyed me when I flew a lot for business to see people coming on the plane with a bunch of bags and then cramming everything into overhead compartments, leaving no room for other passenger's bags. I hope everything has changed as far as that goes!

i have heard that they are not letting as many carry on;s on, so we probalby out of luck.
as for the cramming i myself am embarassed, this was my husband's idea
we had to wait for almost an hour to get our one suitcase last time at MCO
we dont arrive to after 5 and he doesnt want to waste precious time!!!

any one know how long it might take if we check them?

We're also taking only carry-ons. One duffle bag per person (5 of us), one laptop computer (essential for the digital camera), and maybe a small backback if I can't fit it into one of the duffles. This is for 16 days. I limited it to 3 pairs of jeans per person, 4 pairs of shorts, 1 bathing suit, 4 tee shirts and a sweatshirt (you always buy some), 6 sets of underwear and socks, one nicer outfit, and two pairs of shoes. Of course, out of those clothes, we're wearing some of them. Also, the jacket that we have to wear to the airportt since it will probably be snowing. I think the carryon limitations are varying by airline. USAir is one carryon and a personal item ( purse, laptop, backpack.. Should I say too that we're also sending an extra empty suitcase down in the car with Grandma?
Tracy

I hate carry ons! I like checking everything and not having to worry about it. People who take forever stowing away their bags irritate me to no end. Pet Peeve.

That said, we usually pack 3 suitcases - one for each of us. DS carries his backpack full of things to do on the plane. That's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter