How much onboard credit do I need?

OP here- so I purchased some OBC by "gifting" myself with a gift card. It said I would get a confirmation email, but that still hasn't come. :crazy2: I know sometimes Disney IT is not the best, but I am nervous I just put down $1000 and it's lost somewhere. Is there any other way to confirm this before I get on the cruise? I want to add more but not until I have some way to verify that the first amount went through ok.

I feel like the emails sometimes lag. If it posts to your credit/bank account and you don't get the email, then I would call. I will say it was hysterical getting the card from me to me in my stateroom 😂

OP here- so I purchased some OBC by "gifting" myself with a gift card. It said I would get a confirmation email, but that still hasn't come. :crazy2: I know sometimes Disney IT is not the best, but I am nervous I just put down $1000 and it's lost somewhere. Is there any other way to confirm this before I get on the cruise? I want to add more but not until I have some way to verify that the first amount went through ok.
Same happened to me a few days ago and didn't receive email. If you call and get an answer I would appreciate it if you shared the answer. Thanks

Same happened to me a few days ago and didn't receive email. If you call and get an answer I would appreciate it if you shared the answer. Thanks

Call and ask them to resend email confirmation. If there is a long call wait predicted, call back later. It’s worth the peace of mind.

I checked my spam folder and they were there! It was sort of weird... instead of inserting my name in the greeting it said "Dear Null"... I am thinking that is why Gmail flagged it as spam. Hope yours is there too!

I checked my spam folder and they were there! It was sort of weird... instead of inserting my name in the greeting it said "Dear Null"... I am thinking that is why Gmail flagged it as spam. Hope yours is there too!
That’s how my emails are addressed too when I buy onboard credit through gifts - don’t know why!

Just an FYI about Internet packages. I've done 2 TA's and a Panama Canal (so long cruises) and have never purchased an internet package.

Check your phone service and see how it handles oversees service (Verizon, for example, has $5 - $10 per day for most places in the Caribbean). If you can deal without having to check in while actually at sea that may save you money.

I emailed and they resent the confirmation. Mine was also addressed to Null. When on our cruises be on the look out for this guy Null who is getting all our onboard credit.

The answer will always be subjective. For my family of four I always went with $250 per night plus prepaid gratuities. That rarely covered everything, but my final bill was usually around $200 extra. Now that my “children” are older, I plan $350 per night.

We did a 6 night cruise for a family of 4 with kids who are older teenagers. I worked out beforehand that our standard tips and excursions, tastings, Palo brunch etc would cost $1000. We allowed an additional $1000 for extra tips, bar tab, souvenirs etc and were pretty much spot on with it budget, and we did not scrimp on souvenirs. I only needed to top up my currency card because we decided to do the $250 deposit on our next cruise and hadn't budgeted for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter