How much time should I give myself to get from airport to park?

Jenna G.

Earning My Ears
I'm going to Disney on July 30th. My flight lands at 9:53 am and my family is doing the Magical Express Service. We are staying at GF and we are going to AK immediately following us getting to our hotel and checking in. What time do you guys think my family will get to AK?

1pm at the earliest, and likely later than that. 2 hours from flight landing to arriving at your hotel is really the earliest you can hope for - you have to walk to the ME terminal, wait for your bus (I have waited 2-30 minutes, it's a crapshoot), then the ride to GF is like 40-60 minutes depending on drop-offs, then you have to drop your bags and wait for the bus to AK.

I always just estimate 4 hours from landing. Could be less but just to be on the safe side for when making FP's

Last edited:

We are flying in the same day, and going to ak as well, but our flight lands at 12.

We allow 3 hours from landing for taking DME, traveling to resort, checking in at resort, catching transportation to bus. We have made it in as little as 2.5 hours and as long as 4 hours. Two biggest deciding factors: how long you wait at DME (not just waiting for the bus but also waiting on the bus before it leaves) and the traffic to the resort.

Here are some averages that may help and I'm rounding up:

*. at gate at 955a.
* average time to deplane - 10 minutes - now 1005a.
* walk to tram with bathroom break - 15 minutes - now 1020a.
* tram ride - 5 minutes - now 1025a.
* average time from tram to ME area - 15 minutes - now 1040a.
* check in at ME - 5 minutes - now 1045a.
* average wait for ME - 20 minutes - now 1105a.
* ride from airport to GF - approx. 50 minutes - now 1155a.
* check in at resort - average 20 minutes ( wait time and check in ). - now 1215p.

Then the rest depends on if you want to go to the room, or directly to the bus.

Hope this helps!

We've been from getting off the plane to checking in at our resort in about an hour many times. But thats when we got on DME and the bus left within minutes. Other times we've waited 30-35 minutes or more in line or on the bus before we left. Really varies so no way to plan. We've never had it take more than 2 hours from plane to resort.

If you pre-check in for your room, your room number will be texted to you. Head straight to your room and use your magic bands to enter. No need to stop at the resorts front desk. If you have no need to go to your room first then get off DME and head to the bus to AK.

Yeah, one time we walked right onto the DME bus, and the next time we waited over an hour. So much is down to chance.

I'm going to Disney on July 30th. My flight lands at 9:53 am and my family is doing the Magical Express Service. We are staying at GF and we are going to AK immediately following us getting to our hotel and checking in. What time do you guys think my family will get to AK?

We must be on the same flight but ours is 8/1 out of BDL. I am curious as well since it’s been a few years. But I plan 2ish hours from the airport and if it’s sooner then yay!

I tried to look on flight aware last week to see if it was landing early or departing early but they still had the flight at 7:45 am. Will check now....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter