How much time to allow for a meal Victoria & Albert's?

andregirl

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time (I think) poster. I've Googled and searched the forum and looked everywhere I can think of, and I'm not finding anything really conclusive. So....

My husband and I have a 7:30 ADR at Victoria & Albert's for a wedding anniversary celebration on our next trip. I am trying to both budget for the night and figure out how much time to allow for the experience, from arrival at the GF to completion of the meal, so we can choose the right childcare. Because of the ADR time, our options are limited to getting a babysitter through Kids Night Out or taking our 5yo son to Camp Dolphin (which has a strict midnight closing time).

Limited search results seem to indicate the meal took around 4 hours to complete. For a 7:30 ADR, using Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van for transportation, is it reasonable to assume we would need to leave POFQ (or the Dolphin) around 7:00 and would be back at our resort (or Camp Dolphin) around midnight?

If you look on you tube Tim tracker has a great review of his Victoria and alberts dinner. I think he said 3 1/2 hours

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time (I think) poster. I've Googled and searched the forum and looked everywhere I can think of, and I'm not finding anything really conclusive. So....

My husband and I have a 7:30 ADR at Victoria & Albert's for a wedding anniversary celebration on our next trip. I am trying to both budget for the night and figure out how much time to allow for the experience, from arrival at the GF to completion of the meal, so we can choose the right childcare. Because of the ADR time, our options are limited to getting a babysitter through Kids Night Out or taking our 5yo son to Camp Dolphin (which has a strict midnight closing time).

Limited search results seem to indicate the meal took around 4 hours to complete. For a 7:30 ADR, using Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van for transportation, is it reasonable to assume we would need to leave POFQ (or the Dolphin) around 7:00 and would be back at our resort (or Camp Dolphin) around midnight?

I'd opt for the Camp Dolphin arrangement since it gives you more free time at a reasonable price. I would also put 4 hours aside to enjoy your meal; the first time we ate there it took around 3.5 hrs and the second, a little over 4 hours. I've no idea how long it will take to get from POFQ to GF but I once took a cab from the spa at GF to BWI or YC and it took about 15-20 minutes. I'd add another 10 minutes to the drive to get to the Dolphin.

Have a wonderful anniversary celebration!

Are they strict with the time that you booked? Right now I was only able to get a 5:30 reservation time. My sister is having a wedding at Disney, and they have not emailed her the time for the wedding rehearsal. Of course the only time I was able to book is the day before her wedding.

I think there is one seating a night so check in time will only vary by about a 1/2 hour or so. At any rate seating begins at 5:00 PM so perhaps once you know what time the wedding rehersal is you can inquire about changing the check in time w/ the restaurant if needed.
Expect the meal to take at least 3 hours and enjoy yourself as it's a worthwhile meal and experience.
HTH!

Last edited:
We ate there last night. 4 hours from start to finish but we lingered with coffee/dessert. Beyond awesome!

I would lean towards inroom sitter. Your child can be in bed sleeping when you return from a romantic dinner. No rush, no carrying sleeping child or worse cranky beasty who was woken up at midnight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter