• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Much Time To Allow For DCA

RalphMouth

<font color=teal>Obviously freaky things always ca
Here's my plan-

we arrive at LAX 10:53 a.m Wednesday April 6th-

staying at HoJo's for 2 nights-

was planning to go to DCA that afternoon (Wednesday 6th)
I assume we should be in the park by 2:00 p.m.

we will be at Disneyland ALL DAY Thursday April 7th-

and plan to do DCA from 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
as we need to be in Studio City by 4:00 p.m. to que
for the taping of "According To Jim"

this plan only leaves us with 6-7 hrs at DCA-

really want to see Soaring, TOT, California Screamin, Grizzly Rapdis &
Maelboomer (sp ?)
what else is a must see at DCA and will we have enough time ??

To do everything in DCA you need a day but 6 - 7 hours might work. You don't have to ride all the "carnival styl rides" (this includes the Malibooner) as you can do those at local parks. Stick with the big stuff. You should step inside the Animation exhibit and, at the very least see the lobby. You might also try on eof the moving gondolas on the Sun Wheel unless you have done the Wonder Wheel at Coney island. And you might really enjoy the Aladdin show which is time consumming (40 minutes just for the show) but good.

6 - 7 hours is enough to do the highlights. The Maliboomer is pretty much a 'carnival' ride, no theming, nothing special. I would save it for last and do the others on your list first. I agree with daannzzz about the Animation bldg and Aladdin, both far better use of your time than the Maliboomer.

Have fun!!!!

Yep - enough time there to do DCA.

Essential rides are Soarin, Grizzly, Screamin (if you are into coasters), Tower of Terror. Aladdin show is good, as is Bug's life 3D, other than that it's pretty much all carnival rides.

Start early at DCA and make a ending time that is comfortable for you to stop. Go early for your taping. The traffic can be a bear! And those tapings are always first come, first serve unless you know someone in the cast or crew. As a result you can stand in line for hours and still not get a seat! Earlier the better.

I would pan on doing Soaring and Screaming twice each....and everything else is gravy! The animation lobby is also well worth some time, and i personally like the Ca dreams movie if you can hit it just when it is ready to start a showing.

I know that Millionaire used to be at DCA, but I didn't see it on the official DCA site...has it closed?

TIA!

yeah, I really miss it too :guilty: It was a huge crowd attraction. I am hopeful it will come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter