How much time would you give?

Adora

DIS Veteran
How much time would you give to go from Coronado Springs resort to MK. And then take the monorail to Polynesian? Talking like 4pm ish.

I know we could take a lyft or uber but figure might as well do the monorail for fun.

How much time would you give to go from Coronado Springs resort to MK. And then take the monorail to Polynesian? Talking like 4pm ish.

I know we could take a lyft or uber but figure might as well do the monorail for fun.
20 min for potentially waiting for the bus, 15-20 min bus ride, 5-10 min wait for the monorail, 5-10 min ride on the monorail to poly. I’d give yourself at least one hour or so

ok thanks, I was thinking 90 mins, just wondering if people thought I would need more lol

70 - 90 minutes.

You could wait 20 minutes for a bus.
20 minutes to get to MK and then make your way over to the monorail. If you aren't dealing with scooter musical chairs. So it could be longer.
Up to 15 minutes wait for the monorail.
Expect bad things on the monorail, like sitting and waiting in a hot car for 15 minutes....

Just to double check. I'm pretty sure of the answer but to use the monorail we don't actually have to go into MK (ie scan our tickets) correct?

Just to double check. I'm pretty sure of the answer but to use the monorail we don't actually have to go into MK (ie scan our tickets) correct?
No you don't go through turnstiles. But I think you may have to go through security???

You can also take a bus to Epcot and then take that monorail to the TTC. From there it is a short walk to Poly.

I'd go the Epcot to monorail route. Always give yourself between 30 minutes to an hour going anywhere at Disney. That being said, I'm late to everything so i never heed my own advice.

I don't know how long it would take from Coronado to MK. But give yourself ~30 minutes from MK to Poly via monorail. You will have to go through security, while others walk straight to enter MK, you will turn left toward the monorail entrances. Make sure to take the Resort monorail if you want to get dropped off right infront of Poly. If you accidentally get on the Express monorail, you can get off at the Transportation and walk to Poly.

Doesn't seem to matter where you are or where you are going, I always just assume the everything takes an hour. Sometimes it ends up shorter, on the rare occasion, longer, but mostly just an hour. :)

I vote Uber or drive yourself if you have a car at your resort. We had a dinner reservation at GF one night at 5:30, walked out of MK at 4:30 and got in line for the monorail, and were an hour late. Apparently there was something wrong that evening, as everyone was giving the same story at check in and they were very nice and accommodating. But let me tell you it was very stressful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter