How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

I am guessing it must have something to do with the location :confused3 a lot of actors and musicians flock to LA to try and it it big so maybe those who don't hit it big end up working for Disney :confused3

Anyone who hasn't should go to YouTube and check out Weird Al's Skipper Dan.

I also love all the Disneyland entertainment though! Mad T Party can be super fun, and I just love how that area looks.

ToT is my favorite ride at WDW...I've heard so many times that it is even better at DL. Has to be my #1 when I make it! :goodvibes The T Party looked so amazing!

It's such a great ride! I really want to try the on in TokyoSea someday!

It was so much fun!

Anyone who hasn't should go to YouTube and check out Weird Al's Skipper Dan.

I also love all the Disneyland entertainment though! Mad T Party can be super fun, and I just love how that area looks.

That is a great song!

It is a very cool area! I wish I could have seen it when it had the Tron Overlay!

It's such a great ride! I really want to try the on in TokyoSea someday!

It was so much fun!

That is a great song!

It is a very cool area! I wish I could have seen it when it had the Tron Overlay!

ElecTRONica was cool, but I personally prefer Mad T Party. It just is more fun to me!

In honor of Single Digit Dance Day :dance3:

I thought I would share my Fantasmic update!!!

After we were done with the Haunted Mansion we headed to the Fantasmic Party! It's a bit different than the Dessert Party at MK. First of all you are around their water area. The entire show takes place on or around the water so that is different. Secondly there isn't a ton of room so instead of sitting at table the chairs are in rows. You are a bit higher up than normal seating though and you get a very good view without having to stand or anything.

Once you get to your seats they bring over your dessert box and they also bring you whatever you want to drink.

This was my dessert plate

Yep a ton of fruit :thumbsup2 I am a sucker for Disney grapes so I was happy there were a good amount of them!

This is what normal people got

I am pretty sure everything tasted decent! We ended up saving a lot of the cheese wheels and taking them home with us. It's always fun to have Disney food after vacation!

So to start out here is a picture of the performance area

It's pretty cool and very different from DHS!

Soon Mickey ran out and it was time to begin

In this version they still have the weird music flower part

But when the jungle part comes up..They add in Kaa!

and King Louie!

They also throw in Pinocchio!

Instead of Pocahontas, in this version they have Peter Pan!!!

And the entire show happens on a boat!!

Wendy is in this part as well!

There's Hook and Pan!

I really wish they had the Once Upon a Time version of Hook in the parks :lovestruc

Oh no Peter! Duck!

This is a really cool section and I enjoyed it way more than the Pocahontas one!

Wow what a crooked nose!

Peter Pan laughing at Hook losing

Wendy throws off the pirates

and they live happily ever after! Time for some Princesses!

I love how excited Ariel looks in this picture!

and Belle looks so in love!

as do these two!

Unfortunately someone doesn't like all this happiness and love stuff so it's time for a spell!

and this version of the hag is way scarier

so the villians all back the Evil Queen in taking over Mickey's dreams and then Maleficent turns in to the coolest dragon ever!

No puppet dragon here! A real live plastic one? :confused3

Whatever it's made out of it is awesome!!!

But we can only marvel over the dragon for so long before Mickey kills her!

and then everyone is happy and it's time to celebrate!

I love Steamboat Willie Mickey!

and all of the other friends

and all of the Toy Story friends

Mickey comes out to celebrate as well!

He looks like he is ready to dance in this picture :rotfl:

It truly is such a great show!

Some imagination huh?!

Overall I loved the show! I am a huge fan of Fantasmic so of course I loved it! My only issue is I wish I had watched this show prior to watching World of Color. In all honesty no nighttime show at Disney, either DL or WDW, compares to it. So this didn't quite match up but I think I would have enjoyed it more had I not seen World of Color.

Another issue is that you have no time to get from the Fantasmic area to a good spot for the fireworks show. So saying that, I have some pictures for you but they do not compare to other firework pics I have taken.

I am a little bit upset we didn't have a better spot because they have very cool flying effects in this show!

Rather than just Tinkerbell they also have

Dumbo!

Now here is Tinkerbell

So that was it for the pictures from the day! After the fireworks were over we headed to Pirates one last time and then headed out.

Next up: Our last morning in Cali and my last update!

That dessert plate full of fruit looked so good! That's the one I'd go for! Great pics! Awe...the last update!

It looked like you had really good seats for the show. I love the Steamboat Willie Mickey. And Dumbo!!!! I have got to go to DL!

So sad, we were there for 5 days and didn't see F! or the DL Fireworks (which weren't every night so that was part of the issue there). Nice plate of fruit and a great recap, makes me want to try and see it in August.

So sad, we were there for 5 days and didn't see F! or the DL Fireworks (which weren't every night so that was part of the issue there). Nice plate of fruit and a great recap, makes me want to try and see it in August.

You need to take some time out and see it! Next time we go I would really like to get a good spot for the fireworks on Main Street!

Sorry haven't posted earlier, but here now!

In honor of Single Digit Dance Day :dance3:

And now, less than a week!!!

After we were done with the Haunted Mansion we headed to the Fantasmic Party!

Point of order.
One is simply never done with HM.

It's a bit different than the Dessert Party at MK. First of all you are around their water area. The entire show takes place on or around the water so that is different. Secondly there isn't a ton of room so instead of sitting at table the chairs are in rows. You are a bit higher up than normal seating though and you get a very good view without having to stand or anything.

Interesting.

This was my dessert plate

This is what normal people got

Even though I'm a sucker for sweets, yours looks better.

I am pretty sure everything tasted decent! We ended up saving a lot of the cheese wheels and taking them home with us. It's always fun to have Disney food after vacation!

My girls love those Babybels. Whenever I bring some home, they never last long.

They also throw in Pinocchio!

Wow! That puppet doesn't have strings!!!

There's Hook and Pan!

Sounds like a fishing manoeuvre or something.
To land the perfect trout, use the hook and pan system!

I really wish they had the Once Upon a Time version of Hook in the parks :lovestruc

Down girl.
He's got his eye on Swan anyway.
Think she'll get her powers back?

Oh no Peter! Duck!

baby-duck-4846907.jpg

Wow what a crooked nose!

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile.
He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.

so the villians all back the Evil Queen in taking over Mickey's dreams and then Maleficent turns in to the coolest dragon ever!

No puppet dragon here! A real live plastic one? :confused3

Whatever it's made out of it is awesome!!!

Cool!
Not plastic. Real live dragon ::yes::

But we can only marvel over the dragon for so long before Mickey kills her!

Aw. But she looked so cool!

and then everyone is happy and it's time to celebrate!

I'm not. Bring back the dragon!

No. Not my MIL.

Overall I loved the show! I am a huge fan of Fantasmic so of course I loved it! My only issue is I wish I had watched this show prior to watching World of Color. In all honesty no nighttime show at Disney, either DL or WDW, compares to it. So this didn't quite match up but I think I would have enjoyed it more had I not seen World of Color.

That really surprised me.
I looked at the pics from both and thought Fantasmic looked like the better show.

Maybe someday I'll be able to see for myself. :confused3

I am a little bit upset we didn't have a better spot because they have very cool flying effects in this show!

Rather than just Tinkerbell they also have
Dumbo!

Ok, that's pretty cool.

So that was it for the pictures from the day! After the fireworks were over we headed to Pirates one last time and then headed out.

Next up: Our last morning in Cali and my last update!

And then you're off!
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Sorry haven't posted earlier, but here now!

It's fine! I know a thing or two about being too busy for the DIS!

And now, less than a week!!!

It's crazy! I finalized packing today!

Point of order.
One is simply never done with HM.

That is true!

Interesting.

Even though I'm a sucker for sweets, yours looks better.

It was good! Luckily I do love me some fruit!

My girls love those Babybels. Whenever I bring some home, they never last long.

They are very good!

Wow! That puppet doesn't have strings!!!

He starts off with strings and they fall off during the number!

Sounds like a fishing manoeuvre or something.
To land the perfect trout, use the hook and pan system!

:rotfl2:

Down girl.
He's got his eye on Swan anyway.
Think she'll get her powers back?

True but still..

Of course she will! It wouldn't be as good of a story if she didn't!

baby-duck-4846907.jpg

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile.
He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.

Interesting

Cool!
Not plastic. Real live dragon ::yes::

Aw. But she looked so cool!

I'm not. Bring back the dragon!

No. Not my MIL.

:rotfl2:The dragon was very cool!

That really surprised me.
I looked at the pics from both and thought Fantasmic looked like the better show.

Maybe someday I'll be able to see for myself. :confused3

You only got one pic from WOC so trust me it is the better show! Idk if it photographs poorly but it's completely different in person! You need to go see for yourself!

Ok, that's pretty cool.

And then you're off!
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

It's so crazy! No problem! Thank you for reading!

Joining in a tad late but still... Luvin the view from your room.

How cool that the photopass guy did a photoshoot around fantasyland :goodvibes

I really want to meet Kenai and Koda :love:

I really want to eat at the soda fountain place as well just for the pin :rotfl2:

Awesome Fantasmic pictures as well

Joining in a tad late but still... Luvin the view from your room.

How cool that the photopass guy did a photoshoot around fantasyland :goodvibes

I really want to meet Kenai and Koda :love:

I really want to eat at the soda fountain place as well just for the pin :rotfl2:

Awesome Fantasmic pictures as well

Better late than never!

We did too! That view was amazing!

It was so nice of him! We were offered photo shoots by a lot of CMs but never knew where else to take pics!

They were adorable!

I really wish WDW did the pins! We got pins at every character meal!

Thank you!

We were up early this morning and decided to take another walk around Downtown Disney to make sure we picked up everything we wanted.

We stopped to get some treats for the plane and I picked up a chocolate covered pineapple spear! It was so goood when I finally had it!

Once we gathered up all of our bags we headed to breakfast!

This morning we were eating the PCH Grill which is adorable!

I love the surfboards and the beach theme here!

This is another character breakfast

I just love Minnie's outfit!

The buffet here had a ton of options and one very helpful aspect of the buffet was all of the item cards stated the allergens in the food! I don't know why Disney doesn't do this more often! Rather than having a chef have to walk out every time to talk to the guest you can just send them up no issues! I really enjoyed this!

The buffet also had a Mexican feel and had nachos and other Mexican foods.

The big containers on the buffet had smoothies in them!

Bacon!!!!

Throughout the breakfast they had different dance parties with the characters

We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere!

and I got silly with Stitch!

a cute Mickey kite

and that's it for pictures! After our breakfast we headed to wait for the Not So Magical Express back to the airport. Our flight on this leg went well but we landed late in Denver and had to run to our boarding area. The flight had already boarded and we weren't able to get seats together. I did end up next to a cute guy though :rolleyes1 and mom which was nice. We had to wait a while until take off and when we landed in Detroit it was a bit of a disaster. For some reason our door wouldn't line up with the ramp and we were told we could be stuck for up to two hours on the airplane! :eek: It was a bit ridiculous but luckily we didn't have to wait that long! We quickly got home and were fast asleep!

Overall we love Disneyland! This was definitely one of our most magical trips! We had a great time as a family and it was definitely what we needed! We are all hoping to go back at some point because there is so much we didn't get to see!

Thank you all for following along and I hope to see you on my DCP report! :goodvibes

Love reading your report and looking forward to hearing about your new adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!