How much?

cheshirekitty

dreaming of Captain Jack...
I don't want to be rude and ask everyone how much they paid to have their wedding at WDW. But I was wondering...disney gives such general prices on their website.

If I was to have a very small wedding...about 30 people...and went with all of the simple stuff...how much do you think it would cost??

I don't want to get my hopes up and start calling disney only to find out that we really can't afford it!!

Thanks!

Hi There,
I am getting married in WDW 12/03 at the wedding pavillion. So, I am by no means an expert on the financial do's and dont's on planning a Disney wedding. But I will give it a shot. There are a couple different kinds of wedding that you could go with. The most inexpensive is the imtimate wedding. You can have up to 14 guest "MAX" and that anywhere from 4-5k. And that includes everything you say on the web site. A custom wedding is 15 guests and up. Those start at $7500 and just go up from there. Now you could also get married in the parks but I think those start at 45k. I am having a photographer which is going to cost about $600 and a videographer which is also about $600. It was hard for me to keep my guest count at 14 but it was worth it to keep us in the intimate price range. Also keep in mind airfare will probably run you about $200. So, basically what my family and I are doing over the next year so that we all have to save for the trip/wedding is we are just exchanging Disnay Dollars for holidays/birthdays. And I buy them whenever I have extra $$. It is a great way to help you save for your spending money for the trip. Hope this helps you in your planning and good luck. ~Lisa

We haven't gotten all the details yet - we just signed our contract a few weeks ago and are waiting to find out who our event manager will be! But, I can give you an estimate of what we think it will cost. We are inviting almost 50 people and expect the cost to be $10,000 in costs from Disney (hopefully) plus $2500 for photography (Randy Chapman) and our officiant Rev. Day ($175). Most of our cost cutting will probably be with the floral arrangements. I just can't justify the cost, so we'll be going small and simple (especially since they won't be coming home with me to Chicago!) We may try to find an outside vendor for flowers. I'll know a lot more by mid-January after our planning trip - and I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Marne

While is was a while ago, most of the "minimums" are still the same. Our wedding was for 30 people, had a ceremony, pre-reception, plated dinner, DJ for dancing and an Illuminations party. We spent just a slight bit over the minimum for a custom wedding. It was exactly as formal and elegant as we wanted it to be, but at the same time was a really good time. I can give a more exactly break out if you would like, just PM me.

Why don't you just call them?
(407) 828-3400

I am sure that they will give you any details...
without a comitment
:bounce:

Hi! It's 8 for an intimate wedding, with an option to add an additional 5 guests for a $500 fee. They must have made an exception for the bride who has 14 guests, b/c the actual limit is indeed 13. In fact, one bride on the Disneymooners list had a total guest list of 14, and they would not make an exception for her, so she had to go with a custom wedding even though she was just 1 person outside the intimate limit.
I have heard that they are considering removing the extra 5 guests option for 2003 weddings, but that may just be a rumor. Apparently one bride's SM told her that once the prices are printed for 2003, they will stop having the extra 5 guests option, but sometimes the SM's have been known to give out incorrect or unsubstantiated information.
Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter