planning 4 nights Disneyland and 6-7 nights aulani coming from Florida

Travel party:
Myself
Dh
Mil (we all get along well)
6yr
3yr
7 month old

We did aulani with a almost 4 and almost 1 year old back in 2016 so we are aware of flights and time change.

You are my kind of nuts! Good for you guys.

I think after having 3 little kids at Disneyland you will all need the relaxation of Aulani!

Truthfully, as you already know if you have been there, Aulani is such a fantastic place for little ones-you are not nuts, you are totally making memories!

You are my kind of nuts! Good for you guys.

I think after having 3 little kids at Disneyland you will all need the relaxation of Aulani!

Truthfully, as you already know if you have been there, Aulani is such a fantastic place for little ones-you are not nuts, you are totally making memories!

Love this!

I am hoping with 3 adults and 3 kids it won't be too bad. Plus this way DH and I can ride rides together too and in Hawaii we are going to do a date day and do something the kids are too young for.

planning 4 nights Disneyland and 6-7 nights aulani coming from Florida

I live in FL and we go to Hawaii annually, though we do stay longer than your trip. You will have well over a week, which is good. The time difference of 6 hours is an adjustment but for us, the jet lag heading east/home, is way worse. :cutie:

I saw you had 3 little ones, and as the mom of 3 that did make me take pause for a minute before answering. But then I saw your post that you will have 3 adults. So you're set up for 1:1 intervention for any potential meltdowns! :sunny: I say GO FOR IT!!! Only caveat: almost all flights returning back to the east coast from Hawaii are red-eyes, so if you can use miles or pay for a better seat (more legroom, etc.), I HIGHLY recommend that. Happy planning! Aulani is awesome!

I live in FL and we go to Hawaii annually, though we do stay longer than your trip. You will have well over a week, which is good. The time difference of 6 hours is an adjustment but for us, the jet lag heading east/home, is way worse. :cutie:

I saw you had 3 little ones, and as the mom of 3 that did make me take pause for a minute before answering. But then I saw your post that you will have 3 adults. So you're set up for 1:1 intervention for any potential meltdowns! :sunny: I say GO FOR IT!!! Only caveat: almost all flights returning back to the east coast from Hawaii are red-eyes, so if you can use miles or pay for a better seat (more legroom, etc.), I HIGHLY recommend that. Happy planning! Aulani is awesome!

Well we will have 3 hours adjustment first then just another 2 since traveling in winter.

Last time we went we did just 7 nights aluani and it went fine :) the flight home was rhe best since hubby and kids slept the whole time and I binged watched movies :)

the flight home was rhe best since hubby and kids slept the whole time and I binged watched movies :)

LOL, I love that quiet time on a plane when you can watch whatever in the heck you want and it doesnt have to be animated!

I can remember being a young mom and the kids (who were very little and are now 18 & 20) fell fast asleep on a return trip from the islands. I got to watch all of Pride and Prejudice, uninterrupted! It was magical...

Well we will have 3 hours adjustment first then just another 2 since traveling in winter.

Actually, law was just passed that keeps FL on daylight savings time year 'round, signed by governor and senate, but Congress apparently has to approve this so we shall see if we get to "fall back" this autumn. :rolleyes: :cutie: ( Personally, I am against having daylight savings time year round here for a number of reasons.)

Actually, law was just passed that keeps FL on daylight savings time year 'round, signed by governor and senate, but Congress apparently has to approve this so we shall see if we get to "fall back" this autumn. :rolleyes: :cutie: ( Personally, I am against having daylight savings time year round here for a number of reasons.)

Yeah I know about it, but personally it is unlikely to actually happen and if so not likely this year. I do not want it to get passed its a horrible idea.

Agree. Wasn't sure what time of year or when you would be traveling. :cutie:

I think it would be quite a mess if FL was a different time than the rest of the east coast each winter. And the kids walking to school when it's darker than it already is for them?? :scared: Oh well, I digress... back to your westbound trip! pixiedust:

Yes same! After I get over the anxiety of the cost and worry it will all work out.

I totally understand the anxiety over cost thingy but....

We travel a lot with our kids and in all honesty some of our very best memories are from these vacations.

There is no stress, we are (usually) having fun and really enjoying being together as a family.

The cost of this bonding for us is priceless. Sounds to me like you are great at planning too so I am sure it will all be good!

I totally understand the anxiety over cost thingy but....

We travel a lot with our kids and in all honesty some of our very best memories are from these vacations.

There is no stress, we are (usually) having fun and really enjoying being together as a family.

The cost of this bonding for us is priceless. Sounds to me like you are great at planning too so I am sure it will all be good!

Thank you!

Yes I love traveling with our kids, even when they are tiny. This is just the longest one we have done with kids. I am so excited! Next step is book flights when we are comfy with the price.

LOL, I love that quiet time on a plane when you can watch whatever in the heck you want and it doesnt have to be animated!

THIS!!

I can remember being a young mom and the kids (who were very little and are now 18 & 20) fell fast asleep on a return trip from the islands. I got to watch all of Pride and Prejudice, uninterrupted! It was magical...

Not so much this...I was thinking more like Deadpool LOL. But same idea! ;)

Love this!

I am hoping with 3 adults and 3 kids it won't be too bad. Plus this way DH and I can ride rides together too and in Hawaii we are going to do a date day and do something the kids are too young for.
Ooh, take a look at House Without a Key. That looked SO romantic, and I considered it for our 20th anniversary, but didn’t want to take keep dis with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter