How often does the room ready notification work for you?

What % of time does room ready notification work for you?

• 100% ...every trip and we go frequently

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • 100%...but only been a couple/few times since implemented

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • @75% and we go often

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • @75% but not frequent goers

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • @50% often goers

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • @50% not frequent goers

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Less than 50%

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • 0%...NEVER...it sucks

Votes: 16 14.3%

• Total voters

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
What percentage of the time does the notification system work, for you, as it is supposed to? Where you get text telling you your room number and don't have to go to the desk at all.
*Frequent goes would be, say, 3 or more trips since they started it.

I wasn't sure how to vote. I have gotten the text when I was on ME that my room was ready, and the room#. I have also gotten a text that my room was not ready, which makes sense since I usually arrive in the morning. I usually end up at the desk later in the day when that happens.

We've gone twice since they implemented the notification system, and we're at 50%.

Actually, now that I think of it, we got a notification both times. But one time we were notified with our room number, and the other time we were notified that we needed to go to the front desk (for no apparent reason that I could ever figure out).

I have gotten a room ready text with room number prior to arrival 100% of the time.
My onsite stays since direct to room started were April 2015 at POP, December 2015 at ASSports, and September 2016 at POR.

I have been twice since implementation and it worked both times. The first time, I turned the phone on after my flight and had the room number. The second time we drove and about 3 hours out, I got the text. The second time I got the message about 30 minutes before the time I said I would likely arrive.

I couldn't vote.
Works 95% for us. We go often. Very rarely does it not work

We have been about 8 times since it began. It worked twice out of the bunch.
ETA...?not correct info...? Looked up my old TRs on another site and it's been 1/7 for real success and 2 more partial success where I got email instead of text even though I put in cell number to be texted. First time that happened we didn't see email until days later. Second time we were on the lookout so we saw email. Both, oddly, were when I put another family member's cell number as the number to text instead of the usual cell which is my cell.

Last edited:
I didn't vote, we are Canadian and they don't send us room ready text :sad1:. They are supposed to send room ready e mail, but I only received this once, and we had been in our room for 2 hrs. So didn't work for us.
I have heard they now send room ready notifications to your MDE, so maybe this time I'll get something!

I didn't vote, we are Canadian and they don't send us room ready text :sad1:. They are supposed to send room ready e mail, but I only received this once, and we had been in our room for 2 hrs. So didn't work for us.
I have heard they now send room ready notifications to your MDE, so maybe this time I'll get something!
My last trip, in May, we were at Epcot waiting to get room ready text and by 4pm it still hadn't come. We checked the place on the MDE app where it is supposed to say your room number and it was blank. Stayed blank the whole trip. I had to call in from Epcot to get room number. We were staying at AKV.

Worked for us. Got a text that it wasn't ready while we were driving and just entered Florida at like 630 am. Then as we got to Disney another saying it was ready. Was great.

I've been about 15 times since they started this. There were a few times, early on, that I got my room ready notification upon landing at MCO! Maybe 3 times. But, in the past few years? Not so much. I've put that I'm arriving fairly early, and I don't expect to have a room ready at 10am...especially DVC rooms. But, when I wait until 3:00, and then go to the front desk to inquire, and am told that my room isn't 'quite ready', and that they'll let me know, only to sit down and get a text within 10 mins, saying my room is ready? I have to think that there is a glitch in the system. This has happened about 85% of the time over the past 5 years. I had one time that I drove over to the resort (Kidani) and let them know we were there, not expecting our villa to be ready yet. It was about 9:30am. We headed to a park. We were traveling with another couple and the two night stay at Kidani was a treat for them. When we returned to the hotel around 3:00, still nothing...although I overheard at least 4 families checking in and going directly to their rooms. And no, I have no idea what their particular situation is, other than they said they had just arrived, asking when their bags would arrive via DME..obviously just got to the resort. We were told no room ready yet, but soon. Finally, at 4:30, I got the text saying the room was ready. So, up we went..only to find a card in the door saying 'your room is being serviced', with the door shut and locked! Okay...perhaps housekeeping had forgotten to remove it. Dh knocked on the door first, then entered the room. There was the housekeeper, sitting on the sofa, watching tv, with her mop by her side! She jumped up, saying that she was, and this is a direct quote, 'killing time until her shift was over'. Seriously? Who knows how long she had been sitting there, relaxing, while we waited for our villa to be ready. Not to mention we found a bunch of stuff that needed attention in the villa!

We've used it four times since they started and it's always worked just fine but the timing has varied greatly. The first time was at AoA, I had stopped by the desk to ask a question and she said our room would still be awhile (we arrived at 9am) but about ten minutes later we got the alert that our room was ready. The next time we drove down and we were just reaching Orlando when we got the text that our room was ready at CBR. It was about 10am. We never had to go to the main desk, which is especially great at CBR with the way things are laid out! :) We were doing so great at that point, I was surprised last year when our plane landed at 10am and we hadn't heard anything from Pop. We dropped our bags off at the resort and hopped a bus to Epcot. We got a room notification right at 3pm. Never went to the desk. That was the night before our cruise. The night after our cruise we were at AKL and that was probably the worst experience I've ever had at Disney overall... but anyway, the cruise transfer had us at AKL awfully early and we had no choice in that but our room still was not ready until exactly 3:00 on the dot. ( Personally I think that people getting dropped off from a cruise transfer should get early priority for a room since you have to leave the ship super early and they bring you back on property immediately after that... it should be part of the whole package deal. But anyway..) That day was more frustrating because we didn't really have any plans and I was SO SEASICK (my sickness doesn't kick in until I'm off the boat, it's awful). I just wanted to go to bed! I was wondering after those two experiences, though, if they just don't release your room to you until 3, or if they still release them early if they are ready. Because my text the night before and after the cruise came at exactly 3.

Last edited:
The first two times we went after they implemented the notification system, my husband booked the trips and it never notified us. Every time after that, I did the booking and it has been excellent about notifying us. So, I'm at 100% and my husband is at 0%. I voted 100% since that is my personal experience and it has been perfect ever since the first time it worked. Hope that makes sense.

I go at least twice a year and received the text once. In all fairness, until about a year ago I didn't have my cc # in MDE because I don't like that info. on line. I finally caved and put it in there and have received the text once, that is probably out of about 6 trips since it's been in there.

We've used it four times since they started and it's always worked just fine but the timing has varied greatly. The first time was at AoA, I had stopped by the desk to ask a question and she said our room would still be awhile (we arrived at 9am) but about ten minutes later we got the alert that our room was ready. The next time we drove down and we were just reaching Orlando when we got the text that our room was ready at CBR. It was about 10am. We never had to go to the main desk, which is especially great at CBR with the way things are laid out! :) We were doing so great at that point, I was surprised last year when our plane landed at 10am and we hadn't heard anything from Pop. We dropped our bags off at the resort and hopped a bus to Epcot. We got a room notification right at 3pm. Never went to the desk. That was the night before our cruise. The night after our cruise we were at AKL and that was probably the worst experience I've ever had at Disney overall... but anyway, the cruise transfer had us at AKL awfully early and we had no choice in that but our room still was not ready until exactly 3:00 on the dot. ( Personally I think that people getting dropped off from a cruise transfer should get early priority for a room since you have to leave the ship super early and they bring you back on property immediately after that... it should be part of the whole package deal. But anyway..) That day was more frustrating because we didn't really have any plans and I was SO SEASICK (my sickness doesn't kick in until I'm off the boat, it's awful). I just wanted to go to bed! I was wondering after those two experiences, though, if they just don't release your room to you until 3, or if they still release them early if they are ready. Because my text the night before and after the cruise came at exactly 3.
Wow!! Sorry you were so sick after cruise. I hope you could find a quiet pool lounge in the shade to plunk in and rest.

I've been about 15 times since they started this. There were a few times, early on, that I got my room ready notification upon landing at MCO! Maybe 3 times. But, in the past few years? Not so much. I've put that I'm arriving fairly early, and I don't expect to have a room ready at 10am...especially DVC rooms. But, when I wait until 3:00, and then go to the front desk to inquire, and am told that my room isn't 'quite ready', and that they'll let me know, only to sit down and get a text within 10 mins, saying my room is ready? I have to think that there is a glitch in the system. This has happened about 85% of the time over the past 5 years. I had one time that I drove over to the resort (Kidani) and let them know we were there, not expecting our villa to be ready yet. It was about 9:30am. We headed to a park. We were traveling with another couple and the two night stay at Kidani was a treat for them. When we returned to the hotel around 3:00, still nothing...although I overheard at least 4 families checking in and going directly to their rooms. And no, I have no idea what their particular situation is, other than they said they had just arrived, asking when their bags would arrive via DME..obviously just got to the resort. We were told no room ready yet, but soon. Finally, at 4:30, I got the text saying the room was ready. So, up we went..only to find a card in the door saying 'your room is being serviced', with the door shut and locked! Okay...perhaps housekeeping had forgotten to remove it. Dh knocked on the door first, then entered the room. There was the housekeeper, sitting on the sofa, watching tv, with her mop by her side! She jumped up, saying that she was, and this is a direct quote, 'killing time until her shift was over'. Seriously? Who knows how long she had been sitting there, relaxing, while we waited for our villa to be ready. Not to mention we found a bunch of stuff that needed attention in the villa!
:sad2: Oh no!!! That's awful. What did you do?

We have been about 8 times since it began. It worked twice out of the bunch.
ETA...?not correct info...?see below.
So I actually just went back through my trip reports on another site to see exact stats. The skip the desk room ready texting thing began Feb-March 2015, correct? We have had four WDW trips with seven room bookings over the four
Bolded above...this is us too. Also DVC. And when we go to desk around 3:00 many times we get the snippy response that 'check in is at 4'.

That cleaning lady story...I have heard that before from other folks. That is ridiculous. I wonder if the cleaning folks have to do something electronically to initiate the room ready notification and that's where the problems are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter