How often does the room ready notification work for you?

What % of time does room ready notification work for you?

• 100% ...every trip and we go frequently

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • 100%...but only been a couple/few times since implemented

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • @75% and we go often

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • @75% but not frequent goers

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • @50% often goers

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • @50% not frequent goers

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Less than 50%

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • 0%...NEVER...it sucks

Votes: 16 14.3%

• Total voters
We've used it four times since they started and it's always worked just fine but the timing has varied greatly. The first time was at AoA, I had stopped by the desk to ask a question and she said our room would still be awhile (we arrived at 9am) but about ten minutes later we got the alert that our room was ready. The next time we drove down and we were just reaching Orlando when we got the text that our room was ready at CBR. It was about 10am. We never had to go to the main desk, which is especially great at CBR with the way things are laid out! :) We were doing so great at that point, I was surprised last year when our plane landed at 10am and we hadn't heard anything from Pop. We dropped our bags off at the resort and hopped a bus to Epcot. We got a room notification right at 3pm. Never went to the desk. That was the night before our cruise. The night after our cruise we were at AKL and that was probably the worst experience I've ever had at Disney overall... but anyway, the cruise transfer had us at AKL awfully early and we had no choice in that but our room still was not ready until exactly 3:00 on the dot. ( Personally I think that people getting dropped off from a cruise transfer should get early priority for a room since you have to leave the ship super early and they bring you back on property immediately after that... it should be part of the whole package deal. But anyway..) That day was more frustrating because we didn't really have any plans and I was SO SEASICK (my sickness doesn't kick in until I'm off the boat, it's awful). I just wanted to go to bed! I was wondering after those two experiences, though, if they just don't release your room to you until 3, or if they still release them early if they are ready. Because my text the night before and after the cruise came at exactly 3.
We are DVC so our check in is 4 not 3...but I noticed the same as of late. We used to get rooms varying times from noon to 2pm almost every trip. But that stopped around the sme time the 'see the front desk room ready texting' started. Now it's almost always 4 and sometimes a little after 4.

It's worked for us every time (we go 3-4 times a year) including once when we hadn't even done online check-in ( still not sure how that happened!). We usually get the room ready text about the time we land at MCO. I guess it even could be sooner but I don't use the in-flight wifi.

Worked for us 5 of 5 trips in the past year. We drive down and give an arrival time of 11:00. I've gotten the text between 10-10:30 every trip and had no issues going straight to our room. We've stayed at All Stars twice, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs and Pop Century.

We've used it twice. The first time we got the text while on DME; the second time we didn't get it until we were already standing at registration.

The last three vacations we got a "room is ready" text before 11 am. Wonderful! When it works.

This trip, split stay and for both resorts I got the "room isn't ready" text by 10:30 and then ... nothing. Had to go to the desk.

What stresses me out is, I start to obsess that the glitch is really with our reservation and somehow there won't be a room for us at all if I wait too long to get to the front desk. Random obsessing, I know. But ... They should either make sure the system works reliably or put it on hold until we all can count on it.

I didn't vote, but I don't think it's worked as intended, ever, for us.

We were staying at CSR in Nov 2014, and I think that was towards the beginning of the text option. When we arrived (mid-day), our room wasn't ready and the number they were planning to text was our home phone number (landline), even though I'd entered my cell number to be texted. I was told we'd get a text when it was ready, and if I didn't, to call a particular number. We went to a park and well after 3:00, I called because I hadn't gotten a text, and was given my room number.

Last fall, we were back at CSR with my sister and BIL, arriving pretty late in the evening (about 9:00), and we had both entered our cell numbers to be texted when our rooms were ready. We arrived and neither of us had gotten texts. It turned out that the CM that made our reservations had not linked them as he told us he had, so we were in different buildings. We didn't have to be adjoining, but we did want to be close. The CM at the desk talked to the room assigner and found us rooms near each other. As she assigned them in the computer, we got texts with the numbers. Then, we found the rooms, but my family's room had not been serviced. So I went back to the front desk, and was assigned another room in the same building, closer to my sister than the first one! And while I was waiting, got the text with the number.

We're staying at POFQ on our next trip, and I'm crossing my fingers that we get our room text before we arrive! But I'm not holding my breath, with our past history!

We have the pleasure of going multiple times a year (FL residents and DVC owners). I'd say we go 5-6x/year. It's worked every time since they started offering the service.

I've actually had better luck with it since they started online checkin/bypass the desk option. In fact it's worked all but one time but that was a weird glitchy thing and I got the correct text eventually. Before that when it was a stop by the desk and 'we'll text you when it's ready' never worked for me.

I didn't vote, we are Canadian and they don't send us room ready text :sad1:. They are supposed to send room ready e mail, but I only received this once, and we had been in our room for 2 hrs. So didn't work for us.
I have heard they now send room ready notifications to your MDE, so maybe this time I'll get something!

Same here.

This trip we're landing at 1115pm. Since I have old MBs I am hoping we get an email so we can go straight to our room when we arrive but then comes the issue of getting our NEW MBs.

On our last trip we arrived to the resort at 2am :worried: and they had already removed our MBs - whatever that means. I had done online checkin and indicated we'd be arriving after midnight so I'm not sure why we weren't expected. At least they had a purple band on hand for my DD although obviously not personalized. I had ordered the grey band of shame for myself so I would have been ok either way.

I'm not sure how they can make the process a little more international friendly but as it stands the process needs a little tweaking.

I've never gotten the room is ready text but now that they give you a room number in MDE, I just keep checking that to see when my room is ready.

Just a question for those who already have MBs but receive the text saying the room is ready: how do you claim your new MBs, if you're interested into extra bands? You go ask the reception after you checked in? At a shop? Do they bring you the MBs in your room?

I believe the reception is the best choice if you also want to have all the documentation they also give you (like the bounce back offers)?

Worked for the three rooms we had booked with family in Feb, plus our split-stay room 4 nights later, and then again in June.

It's worked 100% (twice) for us at POR. First time text told us to go to the front desk, I think we needed to update the credit card info on file. Two weeks ago after completing early checkin online requesting a 1pm check in, I received a text at 11:30am saying our room was ready and gave me our room number. We never did go to the front desk this trip. I loved going directly to the room, but being familiar with the resort made it easier.

We're 1 for 1. We were sitting at the resort on the Magical Express bus when we got the text. It took us forever to find it room but that's what you get when you stay at CBR...

Same here.

This trip we're landing at 1115pm. Since I have old MBs I am hoping we get an email so we can go straight to our room when we arrive but then comes the issue of getting our NEW MBs.

On our last trip we arrived to the resort at 2am :worried: and they had already removed our MBs - whatever that means. I had done online checkin and indicated we'd be arriving after midnight so I'm not sure why we weren't expected. At least they had a purple band on hand for my DD although obviously not personalized. I had ordered the grey band of shame for myself so I would have been ok either way.

I'm not sure how they can make the process a little more international friendly but as it stands the process needs a little tweaking.
Yes, I don't understand why they won't text non US cell phones. That's very strange they would throw away your MBs being only 2 hrs late from what you noted on the online check in. Flight delays and longer than usual DME waits do happen!

Just a question for those who already have MBs but receive the text saying the room is ready: how do you claim your new MBs, if you're interested into extra bands? You go ask the reception after you checked in? At a shop? Do they bring you the MBs in your room?

I believe the reception is the best choice if you also want to have all the documentation they also give you (like the bounce back offers)?
I'm not sure I know what you mean by new MBs, if you received your bands by mail? Only international visitors have to pick up MB at desk because WDW doesn't mail them.
If you want extra MBs in addition to the ones they mailed you, I think you can buy them in the resort gift shop or any gift shop on property. Then you'd have to go get them activated. No, they won't bring bands to your room.
Guests only get one free MB each.
Bounce back offer will be in the welcome booklet in your room.

3 for 5. DVC all times. GF and BC were our fails.

Reading these threads, curious if DVC has higher fail rate. Seems AKL has a pattern of late rooms, especially for Kidani.

3 for 5. DVC all times. GF and BC were our fails.

Reading these threads, curious if DVC has higher fail rate. Seems AKL has a pattern of late rooms, especially for Kidani.
I find BWV to be bad too for room notification and late rooms. I too get the feeling DVC has more of a fail rate and also think values have more if a success rate. Wonder why that is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter