How often does the room ready notification work for you?

What % of time does room ready notification work for you?

• 100% ...every trip and we go frequently

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • 100%...but only been a couple/few times since implemented

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • @75% and we go often

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • @75% but not frequent goers

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • @50% often goers

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • @50% not frequent goers

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Less than 50%

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • 0%...NEVER...it sucks

Votes: 16 14.3%

• Total voters
Yes, I don't understand why they won't text non US cell phones. That's very strange they would throw away your MBs being only 2 hrs late from what you noted on the online check in. Flight delays and longer than usual DME waits do happen!

I'm not sure I know what you mean by new MBs, if you received your bands by mail? Only international visitors have to pick up MB at desk because WDW doesn't mail them.
If you want extra MBs in addition to the ones they mailed you, I think you can buy them in the resort gift shop or any gift shop on property. Then you'd have to go get them activated. No, they won't bring bands to your room.
Guests only get one free MB each.
Bounce back offer will be in the welcome booklet in your room.
I think that poster meant...if you have old MB from past trip that you bring and use to get in your room (since all your MB will work)...then how do you get the new MB that are waiting at desk? You would have to go to desk to get them.

It worked great for me in April. First time using the MDE service for this. Loved being able to check my app and go straight to the room without stopping at the main desk!

I guess I have been one of the lucky ones. Have always gotten the notification and usually before 4 - only once after 5. We are DVC and go 2 to 3 times per year

:sad2: Oh no!!! That's awful. What did you do?
Well, I did stop at the front desk on our way out that evening....told the CM exactly what had happened. He wasn't overly concerned, which really annoyed me...pretty much said 'well, I guess we can let the manager know'. So, when I got home, two days later, I sent an email off. I got a phone call within the week. That CM was appropriately distressed. Did they ever do anything about the housekeeper? No idea.

So I actually just went back through my trip reports on another site to see exact stats. The skip the desk room ready texting thing began Feb-March 2015, correct? We have had four WDW trips with seven room bookings over the four

Bolded above...this is us too. Also DVC. And when we go to desk around 3:00 many times we get the snippy response that 'check in is at 4'.

That cleaning lady story...I have heard that before from other folks. That is ridiculous. I wonder if the cleaning folks have to do something electronically to initiate the room ready notification and that's where the problems are.
When I go to the desk, I start off saying 'I know checkin isn't until 4, but I just wanted to make sure you have my phone number on file because I usually have had the 'your room isn't quite ready' text by now, and I've heard nothing, even though I arrived at 10 this morning.' And they're usually happy to double check the phone number, and then tell me that nope, the room isn't quite done yet, but they'll send a text when it is! And then, I walk away, and take a seat. Within 5 mins I get the text! Happens all the time.
And yes, the housekeepers have something that they do that shows rooms are ready...in fact, this particular time, I was told that she was two rooms away from our room, so it shouldn't be too long. So, they know where the housekeepers are.
On our first DVC stay ever, we were at BWVs...it was Thanksgiving Day when we arrived. We were given a one bedroom unit that was just awful...supposed to be preferred view...but there was a huge tree in front of the very small balcony (top floor)...we overlooked the croquet area. That wasn't awful, but there was no balcony off the master, and you had to keep the curtains pulled because the window looked directly out on a balcony next door..it was a corner room, so there was another unit at a 90 degree angle next to us. We asked to change rooms...didn't care where. So, they sent us way over to the other side, on the far side of the quiet pool/community hall bldg. We opened the door, and there were toys and clothes all over! Dd and I were pooped from dragging luggage all over, so we stayed in that area, while dh went back down to the lobby. The manager didn't believe him...evidently he double-checked in the system and the villa had been marked as cleaned and ready for the next guest..it was about 4:30 by now. He came up and opened the door and was horrified to find the same thing. Back to the lobby we went. Gave us a third villa! Which was fine! Seems the people in the second villa had decided not to leave that day...but housekeeping, for some reason, marked it as cleaned and available!!! All this made us late for our Chef Mickey's ADR..so the manager had a CM drive us, after putting a nice credit on our account. And the CM started driving us back to MCO!!! He had forgotten where we were going and just drove there instead of the CR...what a day that was!!!

Last edited:

3 for 5. DVC all times. GF and BC were our fails.

Reading these threads, curious if DVC has higher fail rate. Seems AKL has a pattern of late rooms, especially for Kidani.

I agree, our longest wait out of all our trips was Kidani. It was after 5pm and we had such an early flight that it seemed like forever till we got our room.

I find BWV to be bad too for room notification and late rooms. I too get the feeling DVC has more of a fail rate and also think values have more if a success rate. Wonder why that is?

Yes having stayed in both regular rooms and villas - the room notification for us is always hours later when we stay in a villa.

Well, I did stop at the front desk on our way out that evening....told the CM exactly what had happened. He wasn't overly concerned, which really annoyed me...pretty much said 'well, I guess we can let the manager know'. So, when I got home, two days later, I sent an email off. I got a phone call within the week. That CM was appropriately distressed. Did they ever do anything about the housekeeper? No idea.

When I go to the desk, I start off saying 'I know checkin isn't until 4, but I just wanted to make sure you have my phone number on file because I usually have had the 'your room isn't quite ready' text by now, and I've heard nothing, even though I arrived at 10 this morning.' And they're usually happy to double check the phone number, and then tell me that nope, the room isn't quite done yet, but they'll send a text when it is! And then, I walk away, and take a seat. Within 5 mins I get the text! Happens all the time.
And yes, the housekeepers have something that they do that shows rooms are ready...in fact, this particular time, I was told that she was two rooms away from our room, so it shouldn't be too long. So, they know where the housekeepers are.
On our first DVC stay ever, we were at BWVs...it was Thanksgiving Day when we arrived. We were given a one bedroom unit that was just awful...supposed to be preferred view...but there was a huge tree in front of the very small balcony (top floor)...we overlooked the croquet area. That wasn't awful, but there was no balcony off the master, and you had to keep the curtains pulled because the window looked directly out on a balcony next door..it was a corner room, so there was another unit at a 90 degree angle next to us. We asked to change rooms...didn't care where. So, they sent us way over to the other side, on the far side of the quiet pool/community hall bldg. We opened the door, and there were toys and clothes all over! Dd and I were pooped from dragging luggage all over, so we stayed in that area, while dh went back down to the lobby. The manager didn't believe him...evidently he double-checked in the system and the villa had been marked as cleaned and ready for the next guest..it was about 4:30 by now. He came up and opened the door and was horrified to find the same thing. Back to the lobby we went. Gave us a third villa! Which was fine! Seems the people in the second villa had decided not to leave that day...but housekeeping, for some reason, marked it as cleaned and available!!! All this made us late for our Chef Mickey's ADR..so the manager had a CM drive us, after putting a nice credit on our account. And the CM started driving us back to MCO!!! He had forgotten where we were going and just drove there instead of the CR...what a day that was!!!
I would probably have asked to speak with housekeeping manager!

Yes, I don't understand why they won't text non US cell phones. That's very strange they would throw away your MBs being only 2 hrs late from what you noted on the online check in. Flight delays and longer than usual DME waits do happen!

I'm not sure I know what you mean by new MBs, if you received your bands by mail? Only international visitors have to pick up MB at desk because WDW doesn't mail them.
If you want extra MBs in addition to the ones they mailed you, I think you can buy them in the resort gift shop or any gift shop on property. Then you'd have to go get them activated. No, they won't bring bands to your room.
Guests only get one free MB each.
Bounce back offer will be in the welcome booklet in your room.

Oops, I forgot not everyone here is living outside the US. :fish:
Yes I am travelling from abroad, and as you pointed out, I am supposed to pick my MB when I arrive! Since I believe most guests have their MB by mail, I believe I'll have to go to the check-in desk to claims the band. My only hope is that maybe I can go straight to my room (if only the room notification text works *finger crossed*) and come back the reception at a later time when it it is less busy.

Oops, I forgot not everyone here is living outside the US. :fish:
Yes I am travelling from abroad, and as you pointed out, I am supposed to pick my MB when I arrive! Since I believe most guests have their MB by mail, I believe I'll have to go to the check-in desk to claims the band. My only hope is that maybe I can go straight to my room (if only the room notification text works *finger crossed*) and come back the reception at a later time when it it is less busy.
We are from Canada. We have to go to check in desk to pick up MBs in order to get into room. Unless we pack MB from prev visit to use to enter room. That would work. But I don't know how long front desk will hold MB for if you used old MB to enter room and went to Front Desk later? As someone posted, her MBs were discarded 2 hrs after noted arrival time on the online check in. It may have been the time of night they arrived? Not sure.

I may try that next trip, and bring old MB to get into my room if Front Desk Queue is too long, then go back later to pick up new band! Lol that never occurred to me before!!

We are from Canada. We have to go to check in desk to pick up MBs in order to get into room. Unless we pack MB from prev visit to use to enter room. That would work. But I don't know how long front desk will hold MB for if you used old MB to enter room and went to Front Desk later? As someone posted, her MBs were discarded 2 hrs after noted arrival time on the online check in. It may have been the time of night they arrived? Not sure.

I may try that next trip, and bring old MB to get into my room if Front Desk Queue is too long, then go back later to pick up new band! Lol that never occurred to me before!!

Let us know how it works for you if you happen to try it!

Discarding the MBs only two hours after noted arrival time seems just so… wrong! I can't even imagine how many things might happen that might delay arrival for two hours or more!! I hope the reception can recover the MB, especially since I believe they are of no use onced they are connected to a guest's MDE profile (not even thinking about the guests that chose to engrave their names on it!!)

Let us know how it works for you if you happen to try it!

Discarding the MBs only two hours after noted arrival time seems just so… wrong! I can't even imagine how many things might happen that might delay arrival for two hours or more!! I hope the reception can recover the MB, especially since I believe they are of no use onced they are connected to a guest's MDE profile (not even thinking about the guests that chose to engrave their names on it!!)
I will! I can't remember the last time I flew in from MCO! Usually I fly into Ft Lauderdale for a few days then drive up to WDW. Can't imagine what the wait at the desk could be with an entire DME bus pulling up! But with new system and assuming most are US citizens, that already have their MBs AND get room ready texts, it may not be too bad?

I have heard now they also give you a room ready message on your MDE! I think that's new since my last Aug visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!