How old is your car?

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Mine is a 2002 Toyota Highlander, so 16 years old. I really am ready for a new car. Unfortunately will have to wait until next summer. Would love to have a back up camera. Just rented an SUV that has one and boy was it nice.

How old is the car you drive?

Mine is a 2002 as well. I have started looking for a new used car (couple of years old). I won’t be able to buy one until this time next year when I make DS21’s last college payment. I’ve got two in college right now.

7 years old- a 2011 Subaru Outback. I keep my cars until they are about 10 or 11 years old and then they start needing more maintenance than I want to deal with. I've always been a sedan person, bought the Outback because DH is 6'5" and he drives it sometimes. Next? Maybe a Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee. If I go Sedan, I always liked the Passat, but haven't looked at them in a long time. I like having a vehicle that is uncommon, and a color that is not typical (I used to work in a major university- so having a car that stands out in the parking lot has become my thing). When I bought my Outback, I would see one or two around, now every other car on the road is an Outback :rolleyes:

2005 Chevy Tahoe 70,000 Miles on it. Will be driving her for quite some time I think. I had the stereo replaced with one that had Apple Car Play two years ago and a back up camera installed last year. I’m having issues with the power seat on the driver’s side but according to YouTube University it’s an easy fix. Otherwise, it’s in really good shape. I’d like to add blindspot cameras eventually.

Up until two weeks ago, DH was driving a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. It was to the point we were putting more into it than it was worth. Now he drives a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500. We went as basic as we could. Rear camera was part of that. Went and had a nice stereo system installed. Could have added a bunch of modern tech but that’s not his thing.

For what it’s worth it cost maybe $150 with labor to get a rear camera installed. I had a deck that could be used with one though.

Mine is two years old. Husband’s is 15 years old, I think he loves his car more than he loves me...at least he’s happy.:car:

Sold my commute car last Sunday. Had it 15 years. Shortest time I have ever owned a car. 2003 Focus with 160,000 miles. I had planned to drive it at least 200,000 miles, but our daughter bought a new (used) car, and gave back the used 2007 Taurus we gave her 10 years ago. It only has 89,000 miles, so I am keeping it.
Wife's car is a 2000 Mountaineer with 131,000 miles.
Our "family" car is a 1987 Suburban, bought it new. 158,000 miles. It will be 31 years old in October.
Our toy car is a 1965 Mustang. Bought it fully restored......basically a brand new 50 year old car....2 1/2 years ago. I've put about 2,500 miles on it.
OP, I know what you mean about the new cars. Our daughter bought a 2017 Fusion Hybrid. Backup camera. You can use your cell phone through the radio. It coaches you on how to get better fuel economy. Tire pressure for all 4 tires can be checked on the dashboard. Nice toys, but if anything breaks, it will be expensive to fix. She did get an extended warranty, and fortunately, being in California, all the hybrid components (including the battery )are under factory warranty for 15 years or 150,000 miles.

Ford Fiesta-7 months old, before that we had a 96 Camry from 96-2017, lol. Finally developed a bad oil leak and just wasn't worth fixing. Loved that car though!

My car is an 02. It has just over 50,000 miles on it--the car mostly stays in the garage to be driven very short distances just a few times a week. The body styling notwithstanding, you'd never guess the car is 16 years old, maybe 7 or 8 years old. There's only moderate wear & tear on the interior.

We have a 2007 Mazda 5 (150,000 miles) and a 2012 Huyndai Sonata (120,000 miles). Both paid off which is great. Waiting until youngest is out of daycare (2 more years) to replace Mazda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter