How old where your kids update

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
when you stopped meeting everyone they came into contact with I am trying to remember how old I was

Boy friends and girl friends are different my mom meet all of my boyfriends up till dh

The only reason she is meeting this friend is at my friends request and don't know why I am a nervous wreck

when you stopped meeting everyone they came into contact with I am trying to remember how old I was

Boy friends and girl friends are different my mom meet all of my boyfriends up till dh

The only reason she is meeting this friend is at my friends request and don't know why I am a nervous wreck

Junior kindergarten, I think. We certainly didn't meet all their classmates.

As for when we let them go off to hang with friends that we didn't know, on their own... I'm not sure. Maybe 12 for the oldest, and 10 for the youngest? When my son (having been homeschooled for grade 1 through 4), started Grade 5, he was just shy of ten. It was awhile before I met his best friend and at least a year before I met his best friend's dad, despite my son hanging out at their place all the time. Having cell phones made us a whole lot less worried about where the kids were, or who they were with.

Good luck introducing your friend to your mom! :)

My own mom doesn't like most of my friends, but we make it work.

Other than 2 of DD's 4 roommates when she was an exchange student for a year in England......and those 2 had returned to Germany and Japan before we arrived to bring DD home.......DW and I have met almost all of our kids friends.
DS was huge on LANs in high school and College (where a bunch of folks bring their computers and link them to play video games) and the LAN party always seemed to be at our house.

12 maybe? I can't remember - I knew most of my sons friends and parents through Cub Scouts and met a few when he did Robotics. In elementary school I volunteered in the class so I'd meet his friends parents through that.

My Daughters friends and parents I've met during drop offs and pick ups so not real well but enough to chat. Like my sons class, I volunteered in classrooms alot so that was an easy way to meet parents.

Everyone? Probably as soon as they went to school. I certainly didn't meet all the teachers and aides and other students.
Letting them go to the homes of friends? Still pretty early. I might meet a parent at the door when I dropped them off, but there could be others in the home I didn't meet (siblings, grandparents, significant other). I tried not to worry too much about it.

My kids are nearly adults (17 and almost 20), no boy/girlfriends yet, so I do not anticipate an introduction unless they start bringing them to family get-togethers or "want" me to meet someone they are serious about.

My kids just turned 7 and 9. I definitely still want to meet and talk with a parent before they go to their house bc my kids are still little. I think being a counselor/therapist for tweens and teens keeps me on my toes as to not so great things that can and do happen more often than you'd like to think at houses lacking supervision. For now, most of the time (like @PollyannaMom said) they are at the neighborhood kid's houses and I know all of the families.

You are an adult, you don't need to have all your friends meet your Mom.

My parents stopped meeting all my friends back when I was in elementary school.

I am not sure I made myself clear in my first post in this thread but it was my friends request not my moms

She seems very invested in how dh and I live

Last edited:
You are an adult, you don't need to have all your friends meet your Mom.

My parents stopped meeting all my friends back when I was in elementary school.

Certainly not a requirement, but in the course of life events, it happens, unless you are completely out of your child's life. DW and I met all my son's friends that we did not know last year at his wedding. Met others this year at his 30th birthday party.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter