How Perfect Can I Make This Trip? - An August 2018 Adventure - UPDATED 8/9

BTW, when you say you work at a Disney Theatrical Production...is it the Frozen musical? We went to see it a few weeks ago! We loved it

I do work at Frozen! I've been with Disney Theatrical Merchandise for over six years now, most of them at The Lion King. I've had the opportunity to work a shift or two at other shows over the years, such as Mary Poppins, Newsies, and Aladdin. I just made the move to Frozen when it opened this year and it's been a thrill. I love the show. It's so much fun and it's so beautiful. And the cast is ridiculously talented. My favorite part is hearing the audience lose their minds during/after Let It Go every night. It hasn't gotten old. I know a lot of people have Frozen Fatigue, and I used to be one of them if I'm being honest. Not anymore!

I do work at Frozen! I've been with Disney Theatrical Merchandise for over six years now, most of them at The Lion King. I've had the opportunity to work a shift or two at other shows over the years, such as Mary Poppins, Newsies, and Aladdin. I just made the move to Frozen when it opened this year and it's been a thrill. I love the show. It's so much fun and it's so beautiful. And the cast is ridiculously talented. My favorite part is hearing the audience lose their minds during/after Let It Go every night. It hasn't gotten old. I know a lot of people have Frozen Fatigue, and I used to be one of them if I'm being honest. Not anymore!

Ah that is so cool, we were there on July 8th 6:30pm show. I bought the coronation necklace and bracelet and the let it go necklace too. I love them and get so many compliments on the coronation necklace! No one realizes it's from Frozen! I thought I suffered from Frozen Fatigue too, but you're right, the show is so great in adapting the story to a musical and adding additional songs and providing more depth. And yes, that scene with Elsa, really breathtaking - it was done really well and everyone gasped!
That's really awesome you've been working with all these different productions! I've seen Lion King and Aladdin before as well as that short-lived Little Mermaid, apparently only Disney draws me to Broadway anymore. It's such an effort to go into the city now but for Disney productions it's very much worth it!

Ah that is so cool, we were there on July 8th 6:30pm show.

Well darn. I was there the matinee that day, but not for the evening. Our jewelry is really pretty. Everything we have is really pretty, to be honest. They did a really good job with it. Or maybe I was just tired of all the yellow and black merchandise from Lion King. :rotfl2:Don't get me wrong. I love our Lion King swag. But the Frozen merch is more my style.

Wednesday 8/22 - Animal Kingdom (Rope Drop FoP so I can ride twice)
I am at AK that morning too on my 4 parks/1 day adventure. My FPs are Dinosaur, FoLK and FoP. If you are up for a Dismeet that morning, let me know! :)

Friday 8/24 - Magic Kingdom (Rope Drop Peter Pan)
I am definitely hitting up MK Friday morning too with EMH at 8 am. Early mornings at MK are just the best! This may turn into a three park day as I am thinking of going to Epcot for a while that morning too before heading for HS for evening EMH. Your plans look great!

It’s amazing how much I adore DME on arrival day and how much I absolutely hate it on departure day. I’ll have checked my bags at the resort so I can head to the park. I’ll grab them and await my doom. I hate even having to write about this
Yup, I always say it's the Magical Express on the way there and the Tragical Depress on the way back to reality. :(

Your trip sounds amazing. I may have to copy it for a guideline to a future solo trip for myself!

I am at AK that morning too on my 4 parks/1 day adventure. My FPs are Dinosaur, FoLK and FoP. If you are up for a Dismeet that morning, let me know!

I'd love to meet up. My first Dismeet! I plan on Rope Dropping, but not Pandora, just to avoid the crowds. Probably Everest first thing for me. I want to take it easy in the morning. I have a Safari FP, but otherwise will just be enjoying the park. What time is your FoP fastpass? Mine is 11:20-12:20. Then I have Dinosaur at 12:20-1:20, and lunch at Sanaa after that.

The next day will be my 4 parks/1 day adventure. I hope we both succeed!

Your trip sounds amazing. I may have to copy it for a guideline to a future solo trip for myself!

That's so flattering! I've been planning and planning and planning, so it's really nice to hear. You're welcome to steal any and all ideas. :)

Only one week to go! How is that possible? I'm beyond excited, and have continued to make changes to my plans. For instance I have cancelled Yak and Yeti on my Four Parks day. I really don't want to be stressed about making a certain time. Plus, I want to try Satu'li Canteen. It made sense to drop it.

Also, I picked up a recently released Be Our Guest lunch reservation. I ate there for lunch once before, but I feel like I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. I preordered but changed my reservation time and thought I lost my order. It wasn't showing up. So I waited in line to find out that they did have it. That 30 minutes in the sun made me more grateful for the AC than in the mood to enjoy the setting. This time, my order is placed and I'm not changing anything!

giphy.gif

I have also put in a Touring Plans watch for CA Grill Brunch on the Sunday I'm there. It's my Hollywood Studios day, which is why I didn't make the reservation before. But I'm realizing I'll probably be able to do everything I want there by noon, so I could make a 1pm reservation.

giphy.gif

So we'll see if one comes through. I also may be able to walk up as a solo diner. I have a lunch ADR at Brown Derby, but made one for the evening in case brunch comes through. I was planning to head back in the evening anyway for fireworks and hopefully SDD right before closing.

I'm getting ready to start packing. I haven't started yet because I don't have much extra room in my bedroom for a suitcase to be laying around for more than a week or so. I have tomorrow off from work (We get paid summer Fridays, which are AMAZING. All employers should do this!) so I'll be doing laundry and getting things together. I'm weirdly excited for this.

When at Bed, Bath, and Beyond this week, there was a fan that hangs around your neck on a stand at checkout for $7. So I sprung for it. Hopefully it works well, but at $7, I'm not holding my breath. :) I also have a FroggTogg towel. I'm determined to beat this heat as much as possible. In a weird twist of fortune, NYC has been really hot and humid lately. I think Mother Nature was trying to prepare me for Florida in August.

giphy.gif

This is probably my last official update until my trip. I am planning on doing a trip report, which I'll try and start sometime this weekend, or at least before I leave. Thanks for joining in! This has been really fun.

I'd love to meet up. My first Dismeet! I plan on Rope Dropping, but not Pandora, just to avoid the crowds. Probably Everest first thing for me. I want to take it easy in the morning. I have a Safari FP, but otherwise will just be enjoying the park. What time is your FoP fastpass? Mine is 11:20-12:20. Then I have Dinosaur at 12:20-1:20, and lunch at Sanaa after that.
Hi Julie! My FPs are Dinosaur at 9:30, 11:00 showing of FoLK and 1:20 for FoP. I have lunch booked at Yak'n'Yeti but might cancel and check out Nomad Lounge instead. I will message you and we can pick a time to say hi!

The next day will be my 4 parks/1 day adventure. I hope we both succeed!
Me too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter