How realistic to get in 2 visits to volcano bay?

Bethany10

DIS Veteran
In my hunt for a good ticket deal I started comparing 2 park tickets to 3 park. Our hope is to upgrade to APs once we get down there. The trip will be 7 days, staying on property at Universal and the discounts make it worth it to us to upgrade to the lowest level of AP even though we have no plans to return.

We're going to have a car, and while we'll be on site we hope to do other things in the Orlando area. It's actually about 60 bucks cheaper to buy 2 park APs and single tickets to Volcano Bay (as opposed to a 3 park AP) IF we only intend to go one day. If we go more than that, it's better to just get the 3 park AP.

My concern is, my family can be really low energy, especially if we've spent 2 days in the parks already. I can totally see them (DH) asking why we just can't hang out at the pool instead of schlepping to the water park. On the flip side, APs would allow us to schlep to the park, hang out at the wave pool/lazy river then leave and return without feeling like we have to "get our moneys worth" from the day.

How realistic is it to think we could do more than one day there?

With the 3 park AP you could go to the water park every day for a couple of hours or so.

Which hotel are you staying in?

First 2 nights are at RPR, but then we switch to CBBR so really easy access to VB. Wow, can I use any more acronyms in that sentence? You'd think I'm a government employee ;)

First 2 nights are at RPR, but then we switch to CBBR so really easy access to VB. Wow, can I use any more acronyms in that sentence? You'd think I'm a government employee ;)

VB will be your pool if you are staying at CBBR. It's probably about as much effort to do it as the pool. Plus, if you do the CBBR lazy river, you have to buy or bring your own tube. They aren't expensive though. It's definitely a toss up. DS and I got the use out of our 3 park AP last year. However, DH didn't. I actually meant to buy him a 2 park but messed up. Will you do more than 1 trip this year?

Will you do more than 1 trip this year?

Not unless we win the lottery. Really, the upgrade is for the possibility of a better hotel discount and the fact that when we looked at it we could get 2 park APs for the same cost as a 3 day ticket. It's still incredibly reasonable to upgrade, but only if we spend at least one if not 2 days at VB.

Not unless we win the lottery. Really, the upgrade is for the possibility of a better hotel discount and the fact that when we looked at it we could get 2 park APs for the same cost as a 3 day ticket. It's still incredibly reasonable to upgrade, but only if we spend at least one if not 2 days at VB.

The hotel discount is how I got sucked into a UOAP too:) Now, all 3 of us have one, and we don't even live in Florida:sad2: They are very reasonable. Unfortunately, the choice to get the 2 or 3 park sounds like a gamble. I think if you want, you could easily spend a few hours on more than 1 day at VB, but maybe it's better to just spend one whole day there and only pay for the 2 park. However, with 7 days, you could easily spend at least 2 almost full days at VB, especially on the days you are staying at CBBR. You won't get Express Pass at CBBR, so using those days at VB might be a good option. Not to mention the close proximity. Good luck in your decision. I hope you have a great trip.

It might be worth asking guest services whether you could buy one day VB tickets and use that ticket price towards an upgrade to the 3 park pass. Then you could try VB and decide if you think you want to go again before you head out.

We have stayed about 30 nights at cbbr after VB opened and are going again in September.

We LOVE that park. We aren’t high energy either. My daughter and I are keen on the theme parks, but my wife and in-laws like to chill. So the consensus is VB. It is really a relaxing stay, lounging and eating good with a lot of choices when it comes to drinks.

And you get the most out of your early entry. We were there in june and got all the good rides done by 10. Then we kind of flipped our stance and got in to more of a relaxing mode - tapped into a few rides and waited at the wave pool.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. Right now we're budgeted for the 3 park AP. I convinced DH to watch the Tim Tracker walkthrough of CBBR and we both saw how close the entrance to VB was. That sold me. If I have to start value engineering out once the rubber meets the budget then we'll re-evaluate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts