How strict are they are at WDW???

eljojo

Mouseketeer
My twins will be turning 13 right before we go to Disney. They are very picky eaters and usually only like the kids' meals. How strict are they at WDW about older kids ordering from the kids' menu if it states "12 and under"? Locally, I usually ask "can they order from the kids' menu if that's all they like." I've never had any problems. I won't lie about their ages, but all they like to eat is chicken fingers, french fries or pizza, lol.

I don't think your 13yo.s will have any problem anywhere at WDW ordering from the children's menu.

You shouldn't have any problems at all. My 16 year old daughter is a very picky and light eater. She usually orders off the children's menu. I do ask my server before ordering if there would be a problem with this. The usual reply is "Everyone is a kid at Walt Disney World." Enjoy!

My 86 y.o. gramdmother is a tiny eater and ordered off the kids menu. I think they noticed she wasn't 12.

We never have had a problem ordering off the kids menus. My daughters are 16 and 19. I too ordered off the menus.:)

My 19 year old niece usually orders from the kids' menus with no problems. We just ask the server if it's okay and have always gotten a cheerful 'yes' as our answer.

My 80 YO grandmother ordered from the kid's menus on her last trip.

Again - your daughter will have no trouble ordering off the kids menu at just about any venue in WDW.

The only place she will be charged an adult price is at the buffets - so this may not be the time to visit the buffets. Save them for another trip!

We did this with our middle DD - she always did just fine ordering off the kids menu - but didn't like anything on the adult menues (major picky eater!).

She wanted to eat grown up food on her 13th birthday trip - tried it at one restaurant - and immediately decided she'd stick with the kids meals!

I've been wondering about buffets at WDW.

My daughter is 12 (will be 13 when we go) and she's VERY picky. We have PS at Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickeys & The Clam Bake but I'm a bit hesitant to pay the adult price for her because I know her & she'll only eat off the kid's buffets.

I know I sound extremely cheap, but I can't see spending $25+ when I could take her somewhere and let her order off a kid's menu.

I'm thinking about cancelling and just going to "menu" places.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

We had DS with us who is 14 and a special needs child. Whenever we went to the buffets we explained that we were unsure as to how much if anything he was going to eat. With David it depends on how loud the restaurant is, how bright, how he is feeling at that moment etc. We never had a problem. A few times we told them he had eaten well and we paid the adult ammount. On quite a few occasions he only picked (which was true at Chef Mickey's, Ohana and Crystal Palace) and they only made us pay child's portion. On a few occasions (50's Prime Time and Breakfast at the Castle ) he ate a few bites and they didnt charge us anything (he screamed at the castle and I had to leave with him. The waitress felt bad and packed up a nice big breakfast for him The adult cheese stuffed french toast etc and refused to take $ from my husband who stayed to eat with our daughters...DISNEY MAGIC at its best)). I don't know if this was something they do for special children or if your were truthful if they would do it for all children. DS is 5 foot 5 and weighs 105 so he does look like the 14 year old that he is. I would explain that your child is a small eater and see what they will do for you.

I would eat at the restaurants where they can order from a menu and there shouldn't be a problem.

As stated before the problem would be at the buffets. They should be charged the adult price. That price may not be worth it for you. I certainly wouldn't put a server in the position of having to say yes or no to a child's price at a buffet.

when we visited disney last, i was 29 years old and 8 weeks PG. i was having a lot of food adversions & could only eat small meals. i ordered grilled cheeses off of several kids menus (the plaza and somewhere else). i explained my situation & did offer to pay additional, but that was not required. the servers were very accomodating.

Your only problem will be if you wish to celebrate their birthday during dinner :)

Or have them share a plate---

Or preorder them a special plate through PS.

On my honeymoon, DH and I went to Crystal Palace. He was not feeling well at all. :( He hardly ate anything there, and we were only charge kids price of the buffet for him. I was pretty impressed by that.

Diana :earsgirl:

You won't have any problem at all at counter service and usually not at sit down restaurants, except as others stated "maybe" at the buffets.

My girls often skip the kids meals anyway (even though they are younger) in favor of side salads, soups and other appetizers. Often the typical kids meals at wdw are your hot dog, pb&j and nuggets with fries and occasionally carrot sticks. This can get old fast, just another idea for you!

TJ

We just there at the BWV in March with 2 15 year olds. No problems anywhere - ESPN, FLying Fish, Italy, Mexico, Spoodles. They ordered freely off of any kids menu and ate some appetizer only meals.

bellmawr bob:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter