How strict are they with port arrival time?

hart6066

DIS Veteran
we’re on our way to port now and should arrive around 10:45 but our time from on line check in was 12:45. Theyre likely to just take us, right?

In my experience, they'll let you get checked in, but there's no guarantee that you will get a higher boarding number. That being said, we always arrive early "just in case" :) Have fun! So jealous! :)

They reserve right to make you wait if the boarding line is full. I have seen people be told to wait outside until some of it calms down.

we’re on our way to port now and should arrive around 10:45 but our time from on line check in was 12:45. Theyre likely to just take us, right?

In all likelihood, you will be able to enter the port when you get there. If for some reason, the terminal is near capacity, they might make you wait until it clears out a little, which should start to occur around 11:30 when boarding begins.

You'll probably have no trouble getting into the terminal and checking in but will likely have to wait to board until open boarding which is around 12:30 pm. I've definitely seen people try to board earlier, show their boarding number and been told to wait until their number is called. It may depend on how busy it is, but I've seen them enforce it even when it doesn't seem busy to me.

We arrived around 10:45 for our noon pat because that’s when our shuttle got booked. We ended up getting picked family of the day and boarded ‘first’ after the back to back cruisers and concierge guests were on board.

You might be able to check in but then could have a hefty wait if your boarding number is a high one.

We had a 12:30 PAT and we arrived early at 10:45ish to check in. We got boarding number 15 and were boarding the ship at 12:45. If we had arrived at 12:30, we would have still been in the check in line and probably wouldn’t have boarded at 12:45 so I think getting there a bit earlier is a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter