How to bide your time until your next trip...

We have more than a year to go and I'm already at the point of watching youtube videos of the walk from the various hotels to DLR 😂

After spending the first part of August (three days of tickets with park hoppers, one day of rest in between, then an additional day at FW) in the Disney bubble 😍 I'm crazy eager to go back!!! I turn 45 next July so I'm hoping an end of July trip 2020 is possible! I'm going to write the trip report for our short Disney trip, and start daydreaming/planning for the next one! 🥰
awesome!! I turn 50 next month and i really wanted to go for my birthday but I didn't plan too well because the girls were playing softball, my last time there was the wine and dine 2017 with NO KIDS it was awesome, but my kids are dying to get back there and my plan got messed up, money is tight and now with school starting, my oldest going to college next year I can not pull them out of school, my only option is feb break or spring break and i am so scared of the crowd levels :(

So how do you guys use your time up until your next trip?
278 long days for us (countdown widget, I'm not at the sad point of counting on my fingers) and by this point poor AJ from DFB is failing to surprise me with any of her 'surprising things about Disney' videos, I already know everything on the menu everywhere and DH is sick of hearing about rope drop.
I may have a problem.

Am I the only one???

If you have any footage from past trips dabble in making your own YouTube videos, its pretty fun and not very hard.

awesome!! I turn 50 next month and i really wanted to go for my birthday but I didn't plan too well because the girls were playing softball, my last time there was the wine and dine 2017 with NO KIDS it was awesome, but my kids are dying to get back there and my plan got messed up, money is tight and now with school starting, my oldest going to college next year I can not pull them out of school, my only option is feb break or spring break and i am so scared of the crowd levels :(
*hug* Feb break probably won’t be as crazy as Spring Break, though I could ge wrong on that. Happy 50th a bit early! This may sound whacky but can you go to WDW during the week while they’re in school and have them come out and join you for a weekend?

*hug* Feb break probably won’t be as crazy as Spring Break, though I could ge wrong on that. Happy 50th a bit early! This may sound whacky but can you go to WDW during the week while they’re in school and have them come out and join you for a weekend?
Thank you for the bday wishes, I am def considering Feb. break......I could possibly try and work up a week where they have a long weekend and just come down for that, i'll have to pull out the school calendar, thanks :)

Am I the only one???

Definitely not!

...and by this point poor AJ from DFB is failing to surprise me with any of her 'surprising things about Disney' videos.

I love AJ!! - I've been watching her videos while walking on the treadmill lately, and I'm convinced that's why I've stuck with it!

I watch videos, scrapbook photos of past trips, enjoy using my Disney mugs and stuff, and spend far too much time here on the DIS!

I also have a "future trips" folder where I stash notes and tips picked up from the videos, DIS threads, articles I happen to see, etc.

Some people do full-on Disney theme nights with movies and matching menus.

Check out the family board too (even if you're not going with kids) - I think there are some "stickies" (threads that stays at the top) about learning how to say hello in each of the Epcot languages and stuff like that.

I'm a little less than a year out from a Disneyland trip, and it feels like a very long time from now. The point earlier in the thread about focusing on joyful activities closer to home is well taken. If you need to scratch a Disney itch, though, it will get easier in November with Disney+ starting up.

I'm going in a couple of weeks and trying to avoid all videos about Galaxy's Edge, but, apart from that I watch videos from select channels, ones that are helpful and also SoCal 360 who post a lot of POV ride videos, the Shanghai POTC is amazing. I get a bit sick of those people who churn out video after video of big old lengthy nothing, but, pointing the camera at themselves at Disney and other parks. AJ at DFB and the Dis guys are my favourites, I could spend hours watching them, can never start planning your next trip too soon.

I’m currently 5 months out from my first trip to WDW since 2007. This will be my first time taking my children, which is something I’ve truly dreamed about since I was a teenager. I’ve been casually planning aspects of this trip in my head since I was pregnant with my oldest but it’s just thrilling to be able to plan in earnest now. I’m passing the time by making a planning scrapbook/bullet journal, trying to immerse myself in all the information here and watching lots and lots of YouTube videos. Although the anticipation is already killing me, I’m truly enjoying the planning process.

I recently bought a few books for our trip as I always do:
  • Birnbaum's 2020 Walt Disney World: The Official Vacation Guide
  • The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom

I think I have several of Birnbaum's in my library but helps me pass the time :)

I love to find one of the youTube channels that run the resort TV channel. It might be from a day 2 or 3 years ago, but just hearing the music, seeing the operating hours for each park, watching the park icons slide across the screen, and seeing the daily weather forecast just puts me in a Disney mood! I'm going back at the end of the month, then again in January for marathon weekend, and I am already counting down like a boss! :cool1:

My next trip is in 104 days. I spend sooo much time looking for all disney-related websites to get ideas for planning, watch for new events, rumors of what may be coming to disney, etc. And I'm always on youtube looking at reviews of table service restaurants since I will be on the deluxe dining plan for my upcoming trip.

The thing that tides me over the most is listening to BGM. Whether its an area, ride, or whatever, it relaxes me immensely and gets me excited.

I have a very hard time focusing the closer it gets, that's for sure. We watch a few daily type disney and theme park vloggers/podcasters to keep informed.

278 long days for us (countdown widget, I'm not at the sad point of counting on my fingers) and by this point poor AJ from DFB is failing to surprise me with any of her 'surprising things about Disney' videos, I already know everything on the menu everywhere and DH is sick of hearing about rope drop.
I may have a problem.

Am I the only one???
This is so funny!!! I feel the exact same way! Even my own child tells me I babble too much about Disney! I love watching AJ too! Hahaha! Glad I’m not alone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!