How to Blend in?

missypie

<font color=red>Has an outlet for romance<br><font
I know that American tourists stick out like a sore thumb in France. What is it that gives us away? Our big white tennis shoes? I'd appreciate any tips (preferably from an actual French person) on how to blend in.

Hi Missypie, on my visits to DLP I have really noticed the HUGE variation in people there - mostly in their dress, l suppose. I cannot see that Americans would 'stick out' any more than anyone else to be honest - of course when anyone who is not French speaks, then the folk around you will know or guess where you come from.

I have stood on Main Street in DLP and seen men AND women visiting the parks in suits as well as shorts and T shirts. I've also seen leather clad biker folk, people wearing clothing connected to their religion, children dressed in party clothes as well as children dressed in very casual clothes ......... the lot!!! I kid you not!

I have met several Americans there and only know they are because we got chatting.

We also have lots of American tourists in UK - on a visit to the Tower Of London, I was amazed at the hefty tips they gave the Beefeaters....... now that I did notice LOL!!!

I have met and seen many American tourists abroad and here, and if anything what has stood out to me is the enthusiasm which they show ..... wouldn't want to squash that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter