How to book different ADR's for different members of our party

Leigh11

Earning My Ears
Hello,
My family is traveling to WDW in December, with 9 people in our party, 8 of whom are adults. 7 of us are staying in one two bedroom suite, and I am the lead guest for these people, while 2 other people have their own separate reservation.

I know I can (try) to book ADR's for all 9 of us at once, but what if some of the pairs of adults want to do a meal by themselves? For example, my brother and his fiancé are staying in the suite with us, but they want to have some meals by themselves. Is there a way I can book an ADR for the majority, and also book a separate ADR for two/three people?

Thanks for any help!

Yes! You can do that as long as everyone is linked to you on your friends and family. But here is the key, you must book the reservations for anyone else first (the ones not eating with you) and then when it asks you who is controlling the reservation make sure to pick one of them from the drop down menu. If you book the reservation for yourself first (you control the reservation), then you won’t be able to book any other reservations from your account within an hour of that time. And you can’t change who holds the reservation after you book it without cancelling it. Now, if the other groups are wanting to eat at a time at least an hour or more away from your dining time then it won’t be a problem either.

Oh, and one other thing I’ve noticed is that MDE won’t let you cancel any reservations online that you are not the holder of. So if the other groups that you have booked from your account want to cancel or change their times or restaurants, they’ll have to call the dining line. If they would like the ease of modifying online, they might want to make their own account (or have you make one for them) and book ADRs from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!