How to book Disney Resort for less than 7 days?

Lainey321

Mouseketeer
We are trying to plan a short trip to Disney. We have never taken a 7-day vacation but have always stayed at Disney Resorts (typically Port Orleans - French Quarter). I have been trying to book our vacation, which will only be 4-nights, and the Disney website won't let me book a stay for less than 7-days.

My daughter talked to a travel agent who told her to book the 7-nights and just leave early. I am thinking we just won't stay on property. We haven't been to Disney World in several years so I am disappointed to think we won't be able to stay on property. :confused:

Is there any way to book a stay for less than 7 days at Disney Resort?

We are trying to plan a short trip to Disney. We have never taken a 7-day vacation but have always stayed at Disney Resorts (typically Port Orleans - French Quarter). I have been trying to book our vacation, which will only be 4-nights, and the Disney website won't let me book a stay for less than 7-days.

My daughter talked to a travel agent who told her to book the 7-nights and just leave early. I am thinking we just won't stay on property. We haven't been to Disney World in several years so I am disappointed to think we won't be able to stay on property. :confused:

Call. There are often booking algorithms that the online booking system uses that won't allow certain numbers of days. The phone CMs can contact Guest Services, who can override that. I've done this myself.

We just stayed 5 nights so it is doable. Booked it online, bought park tickets and made fast passes. All online and no problems.

Absolutely it is possible. Most of my stays have been well under a week...usually 3-4 nights. The website will usually default the checkout date to about a week after the check in date, but you can choose the dates for any length of stay you want.

I am trying for 11/28-12/4 and get the message "This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected. Call (407) 939-4229 or search online to explore other available options." However, I randomly tried a longer stay and the rooms were available. This is supposed to be a low attendance time period so I can't imagine they are sold out.

I am using the Disney website. I guess I'll have to call them to figure out what is going on. I am glad to hear others have booked short stays.

btw- I don't use that travel agent she is just a friend of my daughter's mom. My daughter insisted on talking to her so I gave her the opportunity. I didn't expect it to go well LOL!

I just booked a 2 night stay on the website last week. I entered the date for check in and then the date for check out. No issues

I am trying for 11/28-12/4 and get the message "This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected. Call (407) 939-4229 or search online to explore other available options." However, I randomly tried a longer stay and the rooms were available. This is supposed to be a low attendance time period so I can't imagine they are sold out.

I am using the Disney website. I guess I'll have to call them to figure out what is going on. I am glad to hear others have booked short stays.

btw- I don't use that travel agent she is just a friend of my daughter's mom. My daughter insisted on talking to her so I gave her the opportunity. I didn't expect it to go well LOL!
I'm confused...that is a week. Thought you want less than a week. It sounds like you have an offer selected that isn't available for those dates/that resort. You just need to choose another resort.

There should be no problem booking a shorter stay. I see lots of availability for 11/28-12/4, including many on the Magical Holidays Room or Package discount offers. Are you trying for a specific hotel or room type? You may have a discount pre-selected which doesn't match those dates. If you share which hotel, how many people, I would be happy to tell you what I see available, or you can just call Disney.

When you get that message for a certain resort it means that there are no rooms available at this time. Understand people book and cancel all the time. You can check tomorrow and it can be
available its luck of the draw. I just went online and POQ is not available but POR is for those dates. Also understand even it's a slow time in Disney they could have a big block of rooms out
because of maintenance issues. Like pp's have stated you can book as many nights as you want 1 to 30 just put in the dates.

Change to a different resort or a different promotion?
My stay next week is 2 nights
We rarely stay 7 nights so I have no idea what issues you are having.
I never call.
And in my experience, the agents on the phone can't find rooms that aren't showing available online

I am trying for 11/28-12/4 and get the message "This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected...
Sounds like you either may have an Offer checked that is not valid for that time frame or are looking at a specific Resort that is not available (Sold Out?). I see many options for those dates including all All Stars, Coronado, Port Orleans etc... But a lot of Resorts are missing, Pop & Caribbean to name two. You're best bet may be to just call, but there is availability for less than a week on those dates.

btw- I don't use that travel agent she is just a friend of my daughter's mom. !

but aren't you your daughter's mom? ;) I'm sorry. please don't be mad.. I couldn't resist.

as far as your problem, I often have problems with Disney's website. I actually prefer calling a talking to a person. you can ask questions; they can quickly check other dates, other resorts. if you get a CM who seems like she doesn't know what she's talking about, just say thank you. hang up and try again.

It may be it's checking for a special which requires 7 nights, or it's likely a glitch.

Have you tried using a different browser? I have issues from time to time on my computer using Chrome.

As PP stated, availability may be limited at values and moderates due to it being Pop Warner week....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter