How to book Disney Resort for less than 7 days?

You are correct, that is a week. I had been playing around with my dates. The actual dates I want to travel are 11/28-12/1 (or maybe 12/2 depending on flights). Sorry for the confusion.

but aren't you your daughter's mom? ;) I'm sorry. please don't be mad.. I couldn't resist.
You are correct :D
I knew that wording looked weird. Not me, her FRIEND's mother told her that

It looks like the Saturday night is the issue. If you check out on 12/1, Coronado Springs is available for $186 per night. It looks like the Dolphin is available 11/28-12/2 for $223 per night. You may have luck with rooms getting released 45-30 days out. I had luck with rooms opening up for my dates in September that had been blocked out for months.

I also noticed that POR is available at rack rate of $267 per night for 11/28-12/2, but I wouldn't pay that much to stay there!

OP thanks for your sense of humor! (some people might be "offended..lol) I reiterate: I would call myself and talk to a person.

And in my experience, the agents on the phone can't find rooms that aren't showing available online

I used to work at the Disney Reservations Center. You are correct in stating that Cast Members see the exact availability that you see online.

Technically, it's possible that Guest Services may be able to override restrictions, but you'd need a legitimate reason to ask for that to happen. If your only reason is "that's where I always stay" or similar, you'd need to be remarkably persuasive to get a Cast Member to contact Guest Services.

I used to work at the Disney Reservations Center. You are correct in stating that Cast Members see the exact availability that you see online.

Technically, it's possible that Guest Services may be able to override restrictions, but you'd need a legitimate reason to ask for that to happen. If your only reason is "that's where I always stay" or similar, you'd need to be remarkably persuasive to get a Cast Member to contact Guest Services.
while I agree with you both, I just meant the phone CM may be more familiar with the "ticks" of dif. ways of checking, finding which date is the problem, etc. and often the disney site is "funky".. I just thought it was worth a try.

"This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected".

That message isn't related to staying a minimum of 7 days, but indicates some (or all) of the dates you are requesting are not available. Try a different resort or different days to see what might be available.

Check on Orbitz. When we are doing room only I generally book through them as they often have promotions with 15% discount off the Disney price.

I did this for our April trip, Orbitz had room categories available that the Disney site did not, and for our three nights I saved over $100 in total.

It looks like the Saturday night is the issue. If you check out on 12/1, Coronado Springs is available for $186 per night. It looks like the Dolphin is available 11/28-12/2 for $223 per night. You may have luck with rooms getting released 45-30 days out. I had luck with rooms opening up for my dates in September that had been blocked out for months.
I didn't think about Saturday being an issue. :oops: That is an easy fix!

Check on Orbitz. When we are doing room only I generally book through them as they often have promotions with 15% discount off the Disney price.

I did this for our April trip, Orbitz had room categories available that the Disney site did not, and for our three nights I saved over $100 in total.

Thanks for the tip!

A lot of times the room will have an algorithm set up so there aren't orphan nights and the room might be available for a week, but not less when looking online. If you call they can override this. I did this for NYE, I really wanted a certain room and it was available for all my dates, but just not my short length of trip. They were able to bypass that so I could have the room the nights I needed it.

Gotta be flexible because if a single night of the period you are looking for is unavailable then they say there are no reservations available. We make reservations far enough in advance that it is usually not an issue. However I was looking at my wife's birthday week in February and saw that for the first week of February as of yesterday there were no reservations available at the values and some of the moderates. Fortunately POFQ was available for a Garden View room at $221 a night.

A lot of times the room will have an algorithm set up so there aren't orphan nights and the room might be available for a week, but not less when looking online. If you call they can override this. I did this for NYE, I really wanted a certain room and it was available for all my dates, but just not my short length of trip. They were able to bypass that so I could have the room the nights I needed it.

Building on this, I'm having this exact issue. I have a week at Pop booked in Feb, but we've decided to do a short cruise out of Port Canaveral and then only stay at Disney for a couple of nights. Online, the system is not letting me change my reservation to only 2 days. The room technically *should* be there, since I already have it booked for those nights. I plan on calling them when I have a little more extra time. I'll let you know if they override it. Cross your fingers!

Hope things get all fixed up the way you're wanting!

Building on this, I'm having this exact issue. I have a week at Pop booked in Feb, but we've decided to do a short cruise out of Port Canaveral and then only stay at Disney for a couple of nights. Online, the system is not letting me change my reservation to only 2 days. The room technically *should* be there, since I already have it booked for those nights. I plan on calling them when I have a little more extra time. I'll let you know if they override it. Cross your fingers!

Hope things get all fixed up the way you're wanting!

I was trying to shorten our upcoming Columbus Day weekend stay by one night, and for over a month I tried unsuccessfully to modify it online. I finally gave up and called. The CM was great, but said GS has to do it because unless it can be rebooked for your new dates in its entirity, the CM can’t book it (ie they can’t modify your reservation either; they can only book a new reservation over the new dates). Since my room was booked with an offer, I didn’t want to give it up. She put me on hold for a while (10 minutes) and talked to GS who WAS able to modify it to one night shorter, and problem solved. The long way...

To OP: just so you know, as others have mentionned, there are sometimes rules in the system forbidding the booking of some combinations of dates. You can call to ask for one of these limits to be lifted for you, but if you're still eligible for free cancellation, you might as well try to do it yourself: book the longest period, then once the reservation is made, go the My Disney Experience and try to change the dates.

I am not a phone person, and I have been able to modify several reservations with dates constraints this way. I'm not saying it will work for you, but if you can cancel for free, you might as well give it a try!

Definitely call. I WAS trying to book for 7 nights, over a year in advance, at the Poly. Wouldn’t let me. Each individual night was available and various combinations, but not the 7 nights I wanted together (Sat to Sat). Be prepared for a long call though. The CM could see exactly what I did. He tried every single night just as I did, with the same result. He ended up temporarily booking a 3 night and 4 night stay and then put me on hold to contact Guest Services. They were able to override and make it one 7-night stay. If every night you’re looking for is available, they should be able to override. Note: this was for standard pricing. They probably can’t do this if you’re trying to book a discounted rate and it is not available for one or more of the nights

Even when I find rooms online I still call. There has been a times I got a better deal or resort by calling and vice versa. The WDW website reminds me of
images

For the past several years we have always booked a Sunday thru Friday or Thursday stay as Friday and Saturday nights are more costly plus the parks are more crowded on weekends.
Last year during FD we booked a short 3 night Tuesday thru Friday stay.
You should be able to book it no problem

HAS to be a glitch. you CAN book even 1 night...I would take the travel agents advice with a grain of salt ...one question though- are you trying to book with a UK code- cause I always see 1-2 week stays for the Users...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter