How to Book Package from US?

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
We are planning a trip to Paris next April and would like to add in 2-3 days at Disneyland Paris. There will be 3 adults (dh, myself and adult daughter). Dh is the huge DIsney fan and dd has a goal to go to all the Disney parks (she's been to Disney in CA, WDW and Shanghai Disney). I'm a fan, but just not quite as much as dh!
It looks like I can book packages on the Disneyland Paris site from the US. Is a package best? Is there a different place I should be looking at packages from? I'd like to stay at a DIsney hotel. Unfortunately, i have had 4 vacations cancelled this year, but that means I do have some leeway in my budget to splurge a little next year.
I'd appreciate any guidance as I start to navigate this new vacation experience!

You have two options:
- Directly through Disney, you can do this online, but the best price is to compare different countries. In the top right corner you can change the country. There can be different prices for the UK than there are for France. The US website usually offers the most expensive options.
A package can be best, but it really differs per family and their needs what's going to work. Packages can include free breakfast / dining plans making it worthwhile for some.
- Book your hotel via Expedia.com/Trivago.com/Hotels.com etc. and then your tickets via Disney. Also here, make a good overview of what it would cost you in total.

To me, when you go to a (new) Disney park and are thinking about a hotel is to think how much time you will spend in your hotel room. I know that most trips I only need a place to sleep and shower. I do not care much about theming, o my preference is just the cheapest onsite hotel as possible for Disneyland Paris. I'd rather spend my money in the park.

Some threads to get you started:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi-money.3736354/https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-touring-plans-rides-shows.3741109/

We stayed at Hotel Cheyenne for one night (room-only through a third-party booking site) and then did a package at the Disneyland Hotel. If you can swing the cost, I would vote for the Disneyland Hotel all the way. You're inside the security screening bubble, so you can just go right to the gates.

We booked the package through the Disneyland UK site and had no problems at all.

Thank you Karin,
I tried changing sites and when I used the Great Britain reference, the price was much less and was a better offer (full board, not half and a gift card worth 100 British pounds) The difference was crazy! Like $1500 US dollars!

So I can book on the site for another country? That's okay?

Yes , its because of European Laws. Countries can have different prices and offers for things BUT these offers must be available to everyone to buy, regardless of which country you live in. Its to do with the freedom of movement of goods and services between European countries.

Thank you Karin,
I tried changing sites and when I used the Great Britain reference, the price was much less and was a better offer (full board, not half and a gift card worth 100 British pounds) The difference was crazy! Like $1500 US dollars!

If you book online, for your address keep the country as your own. Nothing is posted, its emailed to you. If booking over the phone you can ask for whatever countries deal you wish.

How do I keep the country as my own. Just use my regular address but put in "France" or Great Britain" instead of USA? It's that simple? Sorry to sound so clueless.

How do I keep the country as my own. Just use my regular address but put in "France" or Great Britain" instead of USA? It's that simple? Sorry to sound so clueless.

You just put USA if that is where you are from. Also let your card vider know you are booking beforehand you do, that way payment shouldn't be rejected

One last question, does it only work for Europe or Britain? Or could I book a package from a South American country, Mexico or Canada, for example?
Although so far, Britain has the best price. The sites for Mexico and Canada are priced in Euros, while for Britain it's in pounds.

Last edited:
One last question, does it only work for Europe or Britain? Or could I book a package from a South American country, Mexico or Canada, for example?
Although so far, Britain has the best price. The sites for Mexico and Canada are priced in Euros, while for Britain it's in pounds.

You can book from any site but Canada & Mexico will be in their wn currency note euros

If you book online, for your address keep the country as your own. Nothing is posted, its emailed to you. If booking over the phone you can ask for whatever countries deal you wish.

Interestingly enough, Canada was in Euros, not CAN dollars when I looked.

Interestingly enough, Canada was in Euros, not CAN dollars when I looked.

Strange. Slight correction to what it said earlier, if you book under a different country online you leave the country of the site your on and put the rest of the address as your own.

What we did was book flight and hotel through Hotwire and stayed in the 11th Arrondisment. We took the train out to DLP and just did one day. We paid $919 each for flight and hotel for 9 days. You'll save a ton of money doing it that way rather than getting a package through Disney. A one day park hopper was around 64 euros on a site called Picniq. We had such a good time we did it again the next year at $842 for 8 days. You can't beat that. Then you can take the train to Disney as many days as you like but stay like you're a Parisian in the city.

Have a look into 'revolut'. I posted earlier but I got told off by Kathy.

Comission free money exchanges. The same rate the banks pay*.

You can then buy your DLP at a good rate with the card or virtual card I'm multiple currency's. (Look around for a referral code to get a card free). Then use it while abroad too.

You don't need to 'load' the card in the foreign currency it instantly converts your home currency to the one needed at the bank transfer rate*. (Although you can load lots of currency's if you wish to save a certain rate).

It works when travelling to the usa and around the world and over a holiday should save 100's$€£!

They will send you both a physical and virtual cards (Great for foreign websites you don't trust as you bin the virtual card after using it!).

*Weekdays only weekends they charge a small %.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!