How to care for a small indoor English Primrose plant?

jemshkoj

Earning My Ears
A friend of mine gave me a small English Primrose plant as a gift.
It is very pretty, with lots of flowers... but I don't know anything about them, and most sites only talk about caring for them outdoors.

Perhaps in the spring I will plant it outdoors, but for the next few months it will have to be an indoor plant.
Can you give me a little information about them? Where should I put it? How large of a pot? What kind of soil? How frequently should I water it?

I've never been very good with plants... I've had a few at different points in the past, including a spider plant, a wandering jew, a cactus, and a yellow lily to name a few... but they have all died.

I want this one to live.

Much obliged for any information.

They are really an outdoor plant - I'm not sure how well it will survive indoors. They normally grow on sunny or part-shady banks under hedges and flower early in spring, so cool and damp (but not too wet) should be best.

If you're in a hot place plant it outside when the weather cools, otherwise I'd plant it out now somewhere in dappled shade (not too cold and wet, not full sun) and let it establish, then you should get a good display in the spring.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter