How to choose hotel for Princess 2021?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Eyeing the Princess 5k for 2021 - starting small (non-runner here!). How do I pick a hotel for the sheer convenience of the early morning start time?

Princess typically starts in the Epcot parking lot so you could look at picking a resort closer to that part of property. Epcot Resorts (Yacht/Beach, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin) will require a bus to the start line (and probably finish line) since Epcot won't be open to walk through. Personally I always pick Pop Century because of it's convenience to ESPN Wide World of Sports for the expo and bib pick up. It also never feels too far getting to race morning from there. But that's just me (and my bias towards Pop Century in general showing).

Princess typically starts in the Epcot parking lot so you could look at picking a resort closer to that part of property. Epcot Resorts (Yacht/Beach, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin) will require a bus to the start line (and probably finish line) since Epcot won't be open to walk through. Personally I always pick Pop Century because of it's convenience to ESPN Wide World of Sports for the expo and bib pick up. It also never feels too far getting to race morning from there. But that's just me (and my bias towards Pop Century in general showing).
thanks for that info. i was assuming that an EP area resort would make the most sense. but now i understand it would need a bus no matter what.

Agreed! I stayed at Pop Century for my first Princess weekend and was not disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised by how close it was to the expo. There were sooo many runners staying at Pop that it made it easy to follow the crowd. There were tons of buses lined up the morning of the race, so when one filled up you were still able to get on another one without waiting. They also had fun runDisney photo props set up in the lobby during the day.

I'd just pick the resort you're most interested in staying at, because you'll take a bus from any of them anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter