How to deal with a neighbor that never picks up her dog poop

nile455

<font color=green>Have you met the Monsters of the
And yes I'm talking common areas, not just her lawn. How would you handle this? They own the house, so she must have signed the HOA agreement which has rules about this.

Pick it up and drop it off on her porch?

I don't know. I guess you could get the HOA to send her a letter and see if that fixes it. My parents have an HOA, and I generally find it to be pretty worthless, but your mileage may vary. If all else fails, just talk to them directly about it.

Good luck!

Pick it up and drop it off on her porch?

I don't know. I guess you could get the HOA to send her a letter and see if that fixes it. My parents have an HOA, and I generally find it to be pretty worthless, but your mileage may vary. If all else fails, just talk to them directly about it.

Good luck!

Yup, deliver it to the neighbor.

HOA should be enforcing it but they probably can't see who is leaving what. I'd let them know.

Some HOAs in our area take it seriously and are DNA testing dogs and their poop to handle irresponsible owners. Search it and you will see what I'm talking about.

I'd probably speak politely with the neighbor first to see if it gets resolved that way and if not I'd contact the HOA as well. Ours just had several waste stations installed in specific common areas where people commonly walk their dogs.

They are very visible. but with the green also blend in enough and I think it sorta serves as a reminder:
upload_2018-8-16_8-54-44.png

Every now and then on our website the HOA uses for the majority of communication they put a reminder out. In our city it's against an ordianance to not clean up after your pet but honestly I don't know how often they really issue citations for that or if it's mostly used as a deterrence.

This next part really depends on your particular HOA but if you complain to them I don't know how putting the waste at her doorstep looks less favorably on you, more favorably on you or it doesn't matter in terms of appearances.

s-l300.jpg
Sc22b4MLHG-4.png

HOA should be enforcing it but they probably can't see who is leaving what. I'd let them know.

Some HOAs in our area take it seriously and are DNA testing dogs and their poop to handle irresponsible owners. Search it and you will see what I'm talking about.

i looked it up.

dang, i can think of allot better ways for most hoa's to spend their money vs. $35-$60 PER DOG to get them on the comparison registry THEN another $50 per poop to see which dog 'did the deed' (unless they made someone witness each dog's registry testing i can see someone sending the test to a friend or relative out of the area to swab their dog so no dna match could ever be done).

Our HOA has rules on this too and we have had a similar problem. Our neighbor let the HOA know who the culprit was and I believe they sent a warning letter with a reminder of the bylaw and the fines imposed if not adhered to going forward. This is their typical response whenever someone makes a complaint with the HOA. I know our HOA has sent fines for various things in the past, and has placed liens on houses when the fines aren't paid. If this doesn't work, not much more you can really do aside from confronting her about it which may not be recommended.

Another passive aggressive approach you could take is trying to catch her in the act. If you see her walking away from it right afterwards, casually ask her if she needs a bag. As though you're offering her one because you believe she forgot it. It will catch her off guard but will hopefully send a message of the expectations.

Good luck!

DH witnessed a neighbor not clean up their dog's poop in our yard. DH was working on the side of the house, and saw it happen.

When the neighbor walked back past our house, DH was standing at the edge of the road...with the poop on a shovel!!:dogdance:

I hate being confrontational but when it comes to that type of behavior somebody has to.
I've been on our HOA board during the formative years, had people that had video and pictures of one person and their dog doing it. They ignored the letters, as we didn't have the fine process established, and just didn't care. One member had enough and I heard they dumped about a dozen saved presents on their porch, and kept doing it. Eventually the guy got the clue. When the fine process was in place it did help out.

But last spring I kept finding presents in my front yard. I finally took an old iPhone and set it up with some free motion detection software and caught the person. It was an old lady on a scooter, found out she lived in the apartments down the street and the apartment manager agreed to talk to her. Turns out they'd had issues with her doing the same thing claiming she couldn't pick it up due to her age. We both agreed that was a bunch of BS. She gives me the stink eye now but her dog doesn't drop his presents in my yard.

Id try to catch a picture of the person/dog leaving behind their unwanted gifts. Then attach the picture with their gift and place on their porch. Or just leave the picture in their mailbox with a reminder to pelase clean up after their dog. Also send the image to your HOA if they actually are one to act on it.

We have a neighbor who's dog does this daily. The dog doesn't like me and I have sprayed it a few times. Not maliciously but the owner takes no responsibility. They could pt up a backyard fence so the dog could go there, or put it on a long leash so it stays in their yard, but choose not to.

I'm into this idea, but not into the idea of our money being wasted on stupid and inconsiderate dog owners.

I've just gotten used to constantly watching for poop. Some people leave it on the sidewalks. In the winter, lots of yellow snow around my car. Really obnoxious, but there's virtually no way to enforce it if people don't care. DNA testing is expensive and complicated- but maybe the threat of it works?

She gives me the stink eye now but her dog doesn't drop his presents in my yard.

Imagine how entitled you have to be to give a dirty look to someone because they didn't want excrement in their yard?

I would smile and wave!

Or maybe ask "Are you actually giving me a dirty look because I don't like feces in my yard?" And stand there and wait for their answer.

We have a neighbor who's dog does this daily. The dog doesn't like me and I have sprayed it a few times. Not maliciously but the owner takes no responsibility. They could pt up a backyard fence so the dog could go there, or put it on a long leash so it stays in their yard, but choose not to.
Wait. this dog is off a leash and roaming in your yard?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter