How to deal with a neighbor that never picks up her dog poop

We have several dog friendly areas, with the "doggie doo" stations all over the neighborhood. The neighbor down the block has 3 really large dogs, a boxer, and 2 boxer mixes - The biggest one probably weighs around 70 pounds and the other 2 maybe 60 pounds or so, and they never clean up after the dogs. I know one of the neighbor that lives close to the area video'ed them with the dogs and sent it to the HOA and the HOA sent them a letter ( email), and included the video of them so that they knew that they were caught. For now things have improved.

Last edited:
put it on their porch with a note "you dropped this on your last walk. Glad to return it to you." Don't sign it.

Gets slow burning bag, put poop in it take it to their front porch put a match to it and round Nguyen door bell

Then run like hell

You want disgusting? We take our dogs for walks up near the Windmill, a local area of beauty, where they can run off leash :) Thing is, some dog owners pick up their dog's leavings and leave it hanging in bushes and trees, evidently in an attempt to pick it up on their way back but forgotten... not nice to come across at eye level!

We had an issue just this past winter.

We have a sweet 90 year old lady who lives two doors up our street. Her three kids and spouses take turns coming every day to help her with things but especially to walk her little dog. Her dog has always been trained to do her thing in the thicket in front of our house which never bothered us. Well, her middle son started walking her dog this past winter with his huge black dog. Little dog would still go in that area while the big black dog would just run up into our yard and leave deposits the size of kittens all over our yard!! He'd even just stand there and watch his dog go potty!!

Luckily we mentioned it to my mom next door who just mentioned it quietly to her old lady friend a few weeks later. It all stopped. I think the black dog just goes now in the neighbor's yard right next to the old lady's house. :sad2:

In our previous home, the neighbors got a Great Dane one year and it pooped in our side yard (right off the edge of their driveway) all winter. It really wasn't a big deal since we never went on that side of the house (our driveway was on the other side). DH did mentioned to the neighbor once that he would need to pick it up when the snow melted. He mentioned a second time that he would need to pick it up before he needed to mow the lawn. A week or so later when DH wanted to mow the lawn, he went out with a shovel and tossed an entire winter's worth of dog poop onto their driveway.

We now live in a neighborhood with an HOA and dog poop is a huge problem. I have dogs and no fenced yard so every poop has to be picked up. Often about 10 poops per day. It's really not that difficult, but for some reason people let their dogs poop all over the place and just leave it.

I would put it in a bag, and then ring their doorbell and tell them "you left this behind," and hand them them poop bag.

{{sigh}} Pet owners like this are the reason many of us disdain pet owners...you only notice the ones that are inconsiderate.

The condo next to us has been a rental (the only one in the complex, but unfortunately allowed by our By-laws) for several years now, to a series of young, single adults who seem to rotate in and out each time the lease expires. They've all had multiple dogs between them. The first group had two old, ridiculously fat British bulldogs that could hardly move - they just pooped and peed on the patio - the stench was unbelievable. The second group had a dalmation and a jack russle - they'd just stumble out in their underwear every morning and open the gate for them. They habituated peeing on the grass right in front of their gate and pooping in the grass right in front of mine. We were very often present when this happened and would tell them point-blank to pick up the mess and stand there staring at them until they did. The current group has a couple of smaller dogs and it appears they've trained them to poop in their own flower-beds inside the yard, which is a horror-show to look at and smell, but at least I don't have to walk through it...:sad2:

Our neighbor would let their dog (who has since passed) out without leash or even them in the yard. The dog would come over to our house and drop her presents which of course they do not pick up. I work with the wife. I walked into the the mailroom one day and she is talking to another coworker about how her dog was so clean that she won't even do her business in their yard and she comes over to my yard! I told her I was tired of her dog using my yard has a toilet.

DH would take the presents and fling them back into their yard. One time he flung a little to hard and it ended up on their roof and stayed there until the next big rain.

I'm into this idea, but not into the idea of our money being wasted on stupid and inconsiderate dog owners.

I've just gotten used to constantly watching for poop. Some people leave it on the sidewalks. In the winter, lots of yellow snow around my car. Really obnoxious, but there's virtually no way to enforce it if people don't care. DNA testing is expensive and complicated- but maybe the threat of it works?
Maybe if they find out who's dog did the deed, the cost of the test is then charged to the owner in addition to any fine from the HOA.

Our neighbor would let their dog (who has since passed) out without leash or even them in the yard. The dog would come over to our house and drop her presents which of course they do not pick up. I work with the wife. I walked into the the mailroom one day and she is talking to another coworker about how her dog was so clean that she won't even do her business in their yard and she comes over to my yard! I told her I was tired of her dog using my yard has a toilet.

DH would take the presents and fling them back into their yard. One time he flung a little to hard and it ended up on their roof and stayed there until the next big rain.
What did she say during this conversation? Hard to believe somebody could be so shameless that she would not then make some changes after being called out. Lots of times people do what they're allowed to get away with and let themselves think nobody notices. :rolleyes1

What did she say during this conversation? Hard to believe somebody could be so shameless that she would not then make some changes after being called out. Lots of times people do what they're allowed to get away with and let themselves think nobody notices. :rolleyes1

She did say anything, no sorry or anything. She just looked like a deer in the headlights because she didn't think I was going to say anything. The dog did die (of natural causes) a few months later so it became a non issue. They did get a new dog that they don't let run loose. She is always kept on a leash and out of our yard. So she obviously heard me.

Wait, she was proudly telling the co-worker that her dog went in your yard instead of hers?

I don't think I would have said anything. I would have went home, bagged up all the poop in my yard and bring it in to work the next day and drop it on her desk and proudly announce how clean my yard is now.

Or you could have pulled a Minny Jackson and baked her a nice pie :rolleyes1

She did say anything, no sorry or anything. She just looked like a deer in the headlights because she didn't think I was going to say anything. The dog did die (of natural causes) a few months later so it became a non issue. They did get a new dog that they don't let run loose. She is always kept on a leash and out of our yard. So she obviously heard me.
:flower3: You are a very forbearing person. I don't think the conversation would have ended there for me. One way or the other though, I'm glad you're passed having to deal with it - I totally know the frustration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter