How to decline magic bands?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how to decline magic bands with your hotel stay? It used to be so easy to do, but with recent website updates, I don't see a place to do it anymore. Am I missing something? I see how to customize our bands, but no way to decline them. We have too many magic bands already, so we really don't want any more on our next trip. Thoughts?

There’s a spot in the online checkin where you can decline bands, but you have to double-check it every once in a while since the website glitches seem to uncheck it on you sometimes.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. :( I just completed online check-in, and clicked the box to 'decline magic bands'. I then went back in, and found it unchecked. I don't understand why there's no way to decline magic bands right where you customize them, like there always has been before.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. :( I just completed online check-in, and clicked the box to 'decline magic bands'. I then went back in, and found it unchecked. I don't understand why there's no way to decline magic bands right where you customize them, like there always has been before.

it does glitch and uncheck it if you go back in to change something or even view your selections. You seemingly have to check that box frequently to get it to stick, and then leave it alone in the couple of weeks prior to your trip. ;-) I’ve had a 50-50 success rate in being able to decline bands...it’s definitely not as easy as it used to be.

Reactions: CJK
I have figured out how to decline but how do you enter the information for the magic bands we will be bringing so they are active when we get there.

Our trip in August was easy to do but can't seem to find it now.

I have figured out how to decline but how do you enter the information for the magic bands we will be bringing so they are active when we get there.

Our trip in August was easy to do but can't seem to find it now.
You don't need to do anything to make your magic bands active -- once you get them they remain active until you go into your MDE account and "Deactivate" it. Think of your Magic Bands as keys to your account -- they just let you access info stored there, there's nothing actually on the band itself other than the connection to your account. All of your bands will work for anything that requires your to "tap" (open your door, gain access to a parking lot at your resort, charge something back to your room, enter a park or use your FP+), the only thing that will stop once the battery dies, is the long-range things like on ride photos.

thank you so much. That has helped me a lot and I appreciate it very much.

Looks like we are all set to go then as far as magic bands are concerned.

Thanks again

I have figured out how to decline
Could you share how you've declined your bands? I still can't seem to do it! The only way I can see, is through doing online check-in. I've clicked the box countless times, but it always unchecks. Thanks for your help!

Could you share how you've declined your bands? I still can't seem to do it! The only way I can see, is through doing online check-in. I've clicked the box countless times, but it always unchecks. Thanks for your help!
I did it the same way as you described. Mine has also unchecked so looks like we will get the grey bands too .

I'll just refuse them when they give them to us.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I did it the same way as you described. Mine has also unchecked so looks like we will get the grey bands too .

I'll just refuse them when they give them to us.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
No worries! We're in this together. lol This just seems like such a weird glitch, doesn't it?

This is nuts. We have splits stays and was hoping to get an extra set of gray bands of our names to give to DS (in another room) so they can get into our room for food or to use washer/dryer. But we don't need to order 8 (everyone in our room).

This is nuts. We have splits stays and was hoping to get an extra set of gray bands of our names to give to DS (in another room) so they can get into our room for food or to use washer/dryer. But we don't need to order 8 (everyone in our room).
I know, right? We already have too many bands and don't need anymore!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!