How to Dining Review...

DrunkJam

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
I love reading the dining reviews, and would really like to write one after my June trip.
I have a food / drinks plan...

Roaring Fork
Trader Sam's
Outer Rim
Oga's
Woody's Lunch Box
San Angel Inn
Yak and Yeti
Nomad Lounge
Geyser Point
Be Our Guest Lunch
Enchanted Rose
Story Book Dining AP
Territory Lounge
Whispering Canyon Breakfast
Columbia Harbour House
MK Villains After Dark snacks
Trails End Brunch

(all those requiring ADRs are booked, but others may change.)

I don't know how to add photos though. I have always managed to have photos that are too big to use, and I don't know how to fix that. Top tips?

Have you tried adding photos since they updated the site? The new site will automatically resize a lot of photos for you, so that might help.

If they're still too big, you can find free resizing software online, just do a google search for photo resizer. Then you'll upload the photo, tell it how small you want it to be, then save the new photo file.

Another option is to use third party sharing- something like Flickr or PhotoBucket. That's a lot more involved but doesn't have any of the sizing issues, plus you can add up to 35 photos in one post instead of only 10.

Have you tried adding photos since they updated the site? The new site will automatically resize a lot of photos for you, so that might help.

If they're still too big, you can find free resizing software online, just do a google search for photo resizer. Then you'll upload the photo, tell it how small you want it to be, then save the new photo file.

Another option is to use third party sharing- something like Flickr or PhotoBucket. That's a lot more involved but doesn't have any of the sizing issues, plus you can add up to 35 photos in one post instead of only 10.
Ooh, thank you for all of that! That sounds a lot easier than it used to be ( I haven't tried since we got back in Jan 2018!) I should be able to do a dining review then! Yay! Thanks again.

Ooh, thank you for all of that! That sounds a lot easier than it used to be ( I haven't tried since we got back in Jan 2018!) I should be able to do a dining review then! Yay! Thanks again.
You might use one of the test boards to try it out first, just to make sure it does what you want it to do!

I highly recommend you DON'T use photobucket! They will want to charge you per month or they will blur all your photos. They've ruined a few of my reports because I won't pay them for a service that had started off free.

I highly recommend you DON'T use photobucket! They will want to charge you per month or they will blur all your photos. They've ruined a few of my reports because I won't pay them for a service that had started off free.
ooh, good to know! Thank you. Sorry about your reports though.

I don't know how to add photos though. I have always managed to have photos that are too big to use, and I don't know how to fix that. Top tips?

I text the photos to myself which automatically shrinks them down to a good size. I click on the photo and save it. Then, when I post on the board I used those new saved photos which have automatically been resized.

I text the photos to myself which automatically shrinks them down to a good size. I click on the photo and save it. Then, when I post on the board I used those new saved photos which have automatically been resized.
Ooh, that's a good idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!