How to do you carry your tickets?

Has anyone taken a screenshot of their virtual tickets and used them for entry? Photos always seem to be more reliable than dealing with an app that might need to connect to the internet to work properly and pull up the tickets attached to the account.
People have posted that they do this with photos -- they make the photo their lock screen so that it saves on time and battery.

People have posted that they do this with photos -- they make the photo their lock screen so that it saves on time and battery.
That’s a great idea! These can be scanned for a Fast Pass? I hate opening my phone and navigating to the pass.

That’s a great idea! These can be scanned for a Fast Pass? I hate opening my phone and navigating to the pass.

I don't think the machines really care. I mean - they're just code readers and the camera doesn't care. You should be able to use a photocopy just fine, although it would look sketchy.

I don't think the machines really care. I mean - they're just code readers and the camera doesn't care. You should be able to use a photocopy just fine, although it would look sketchy.
I mean, does that work to use a screenshot of the ticket on my lock screen. So I do not need to unlock the phone.

I mean, does that work to use a screenshot of the ticket on my lock screen. So I do not need to unlock the phone.
My wife has used a screenshot from the app of her ticket to get into the parking structure, get into the park, and redeem FPs.

The scanners wouldn’t really have any idea whether you’re using the app or a screenshot, so a screenshot should be totally fine.

Not sure how the lock screen would work on a particular device - especially whether the code would be covered up by something else like notifications. Right in a photo library tends to be very reliable. Also - there's only one lock screen image, so that wouldn't work well for a family.

With the Disneyland app I've sometimes found myself waiting for it to connect to the internet before I could access the virtual tickets. But photos are almost instant, although it might make sense to place them in a special folder if possible so they can be accessed quickly.

People do this (and have posted about it) for their kids who want to scan for themselves using a lanyard. They make a photocopy of the back of the tickets/APs on cardstock to put in the lanyards for each kid, then keep the real tickets safe in their wallet. Kids are happy, parents are happy. CMs don't care as long as the barcode scans and no one holds up the line. Nothing sketchy about it because the parent can produce the original ticket if anyone asks (and no one ever does).

I'd think a photo on the lock screen of a phone would work great as long as the bar code wasn't obstructed in any way. You should be able to 'edit' the photo to center it so it doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter