How To ESTA

My ESTA went through no problem.My wife filled hers in as soon as I had finished,a screen stating
"Authorization Pending
Your travel authorization is under review because an immediate determination could not be made for your application. This response does not indicate negative findings. A determination will be available within 72 hours. Please return to this Web site and choose Update or Check the Status of a Previously Submitted Authorization to Travel to the United States. Your application number, passport number, and birth date will be required to check the status of your application."
came up.Any ideas ?

My ESTA went through no problem.My wife filled hers in as soon as I had finished,a screen stating
"Authorization Pending
Your travel authorization is under review because an immediate determination could not be made for your application. This response does not indicate negative findings. A determination will be available within 72 hours. Please return to this Web site and choose Update or Check the Status of a Previously Submitted Authorization to Travel to the United States. Your application number, passport number, and birth date will be required to check the status of your application."
came up.Any ideas ?

Probably just a random check, happens to one in every so many applications. Hopefully all will be well.

Did she answer any of the questions with yes?

She answered all the questions with "NO"
I'm going to check up again to see if it has cleared yet.We have had ESTA before but they have expired and we now have new passports so it could be something to do with that.

Just checked,it's been approved.Might have been a random check as Wayne suggested.Thanks for the help.:)

Glad everything was OK, just got back from relatives to do their ESTA's for August(100 days today:yay:), all 3 approved:thumbsup2

Hi, I have a rather embarrassing subject to about talk but hoping someone can help.
I'm planning to go with Dbf next year for his first trip, but it about a year and a half ago he was convicted with Theft from the Work Place. It'll be nearly 3 years since he was convicted when we go and he'll obviously not be eligable for the ESTA but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of what to do?
I keep looking over all sorts of websites and getting stuck, some saying he'll need to visit the embassy in London, some saying he won't be able to go at all :(
If anyone knows anything at all about what to do then I'd be so grateful for the information, it's making me very stressed! :scared1:

Just fill the ESTA form with his informations. If it doesn't go through it will tell you what the next steps would be.

Hi, I have a rather embarrassing subject to about talk but hoping someone can help.
I'm planning to go with Dbf next year for his first trip, but it about a year and a half ago he was convicted with Theft from the Work Place. It'll be nearly 3 years since he was convicted when we go and he'll obviously not be eligable for the ESTA but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of what to do?
I keep looking over all sorts of websites and getting stuck, some saying he'll need to visit the embassy in London, some saying he won't be able to go at all :(
If anyone knows anything at all about what to do then I'd be so grateful for the information, it's making me very stressed! :scared1:

Had a similar experience myself.....you need to apply through ESTA....they will then contact you and give you details of what to do next....you will have to arrange a visit to the embassy in London.....a major pain which you will have to pay for etc but its all routine and works out fine....you visit, they check, then you await decision then you have to wait for passport to be delivered....I was worried sick but its all routine and not as big of a problem as you think it will be....he will then have to wait for clearance at immigration...again just a formality :)

Hi I have just read that if your passport has your middle name in it then your ESTA has to as well. When I did my ESTA it only asked for first given name. Just wondering if I should do a whole new application now. AArrgghh

Hi I have just read that if your passport has your middle name in it then your ESTA has to as well. When I did my ESTA it only asked for first given name. Just wondering if I should do a whole new application now. AArrgghh

Where you read it? its wrong.
This is from the ESTA site

"Enter your first (given) name as the first name appears on your passport under the First or Given Name field. Do not include the middle name in this field. First name is required to complete the application. If you have no first name, then enter the letters FNU which stands for First Name Unknown."

Where you read it? its wrong.
This is from the ESTA site

"Enter your first (given) name as the first name appears on your passport under the First or Given Name field. Do not include the middle name in this field. First name is required to complete the application. If you have no first name, then enter the letters FNU which stands for First Name Unknown."

Thanks Wayne after the panic set in yesterday I also found the above so all is well in my world again. :thumbsup2

HElP

My mum is trying to do her esta application for her and my dad, they both have disabilities. She is stuck on the question in relation to physical disorders.

Does that mean she has to tick yes

HElP

My mum is trying to do her esta application for her and my dad, they both have disabilities. She is stuck on the question in relation to physical disorders.

Does that mean she has to tick yes

Only answer yes if they pose a threat to your property, safety or welfare or that of others and the behavior is likely to recur or lead to other harmful behavior.
If they pose no threat then answer no.

Physical or Mental Disorders

With regard to physical or mental disorders, answer ”Yes” to this question if:

(a) You currently have a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder that may pose or has posed a threat to your property, safety or welfare or that of others; or

(b) You had a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder that has posed a threat to your property, safety or welfare or that of others and the behavior is likely to recur or lead to other harmful behavior.

Answer ”No” if:

(a) You currently have no physical or mental disorders; or

(b) You have or had a physical or mental disorder without associated behavior that may pose or has posed a threat to your property, safety or welfare of that of others; or

(c) You currently have a physical or mental disorder with associated behavior, but that behavior has not posed, does not currently pose nor will pose a threat to your property, safety or welfare or that of others; or

(d) You had a physical or mental disorder with associated behavior that posed a threat to your property, safety or welfare or that of others, but that behavior is unlikely to recur.

Hi, sorry to bother again.

I have put my middle name on form, and just read the posts above, does it matter?

And if I'm doing the kids form, mainly DS 15 months, do I click the confirm button for 'i' or third party (as on behalf of) if u understand

If I change name it will it cost me again?

Personally If I had paid and completed my ESTA and it had been accepted I would leave it with middle name in, I wouldn't pay again but its your choice.

Never filled in as a third party but I assume you do, maybe someone can confirm.

Thanks Wayne, I'm at two minds. It's been accepted and paid for.

All for three letters (ann) :confused:

In relation to filling Ethan I still not sure how to go about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter