How To ESTA

That is good - it all worked out well in the end.

I have heard of people going to the embassy in London for their visas and having to wait hours, despite the fact that they have an appointment.

It does make me feel lucky that we have the waiver system - though how long that will last is anybodys guess

We got ESTA'd last year and I have very stupidly not kept a record of the numbers. Is there any way of finding out what they are or can we simply apply again?

We got ESTA'd last year and I have very stupidly not kept a record of the numbers. Is there any way of finding out what they are or can we simply apply again?

The following link will take you direct to the US Customs and Border Protection FAQ regarding this question.

https://help.cbp.gov/cgi-bin/custom...nBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZXN0YQ!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

As you will see it says that if you have lost, or cannot find, your authorisation number then you will have to reapply and your old number will be automaticaly cancelled.

Thanks for posting this:thumbsup2

My friend & I are going to New York early next year. We haven't finalised dates but can we apply for the ESTA now or do we have to wait until its booked. Also what is the turn around time for approval?

Thanks

You don't need specific dates to do your ESTA as it lasts for 2 years and can be used for multiple trips.
The approval should come with seconds of you submitting your application however in some cases people have had a to wait a couple of days.
I'm not sure why there is sometimes a delay but one thought is that your name is the same as someone elses who has maybe been a bit 'naughty', so it needed a bit of time to check that everything as OK.

You don't need specific dates to do your ESTA as it lasts for 2 years and can be used for multiple trips.
The approval should come with seconds of you submitting your application however in some cases people have had a to wait a couple of days.
I'm not sure why there is sometimes a delay but one thought is that your name is the same as someone elses who has maybe been a bit 'naughty', so it needed a bit of time to check that everything as OK.

Thanks for that. The TA was implying to my friend it can take 12 weeks to be approved:eek: We should be fine as we are both police checked for our jobs:thumbsup2

Thanks for that. The TA was implying to my friend it can take 12 weeks to be approved:eek: We should be fine as we are both police checked for our jobs:thumbsup2

Maybe it would be an idea for all TAs to submit their own application purely so they can have some idea as to what they are talking about.

I know this probably sounds a very thick question but we applied at the beginning of the year for our trip to California. Now we are going again do we have to update anything on our ESTA? ie address where we're staying etc? I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I just want my (And DBf's) mind setiing at rest!

I know this probably sounds a very thick question but we applied at the beginning of the year for our trip to California. Now we are going again do we have to update anything on our ESTA? ie address where we're staying etc? I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I just want my (And DBf's) mind setiing at rest!

You don't have to update anything but if you want to just log in to the website with your confirmation number and you can update address and flight details there.

You don't have to update anything but if you want to just log in to the website with your confirmation number and you can update address and flight details there.

Thanks Wickesy (its good you got a job when you left Albert square!;))

Should I be concerned about this ...:confused3

October 26, 2006 – Each VWP passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

We have just updated DD's passport and I don't recall being able to do any biometric info ?

Are we covered by

EXCEPTION: To be eligible for the VWP, persons presenting United Kingdom passports must possess the unrestricted right of permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man ?

Thanks

My understanding is that ESTA is supposed to replace the need to fill in the green visa waiver form. However in May when I travelled to the States on a cruise ship we were still asked to fill out the green form as well as the ESTA. Are people being asked to fill out the form on flights now? I just find it so tedious to fill out that I hope not!

My understanding is that ESTA is supposed to replace the need to fill in the green visa waiver form. However in May when I travelled to the States on a cruise ship we were still asked to fill out the green form as well as the ESTA. Are people being asked to fill out the form on flights now? I just find it so tedious to fill out that I hope not!

We still had to fill ours in when we arrived last week

The ultimate intention is to replace the green forms but at the moment the system is not fully up and running. Virgin are now insisting on confirmation of ESTA authorisation on some routes before they let you check in so hopefully it is getting there.

Should I be concerned about this ...:confused3

October 26, 2006 – Each VWP passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

We have just updated DD's passport and I don't recall being able to do any biometric info ?

Are we covered by

EXCEPTION: To be eligible for the VWP, persons presenting United Kingdom passports must possess the unrestricted right of permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man ?

Thanks

Hi - probably too late now...
- the photo is on the chip - that is all the biometric data currently needed.

Tessa

Thanks Tessa :hug:

Git DD's passport back ( in One week and 2 days - very impressed with service :thumbsup2) and have spotted the chip /

I was confused as i thought they'd need fingerprints etc :confused3

ok im new to all this i have never travelled outside of europe but im going to wdw next year and booking though a travell shop do i need this as well as a visa im from the uk and how much does it all cost

ok im new to all this i have never travelled outside of europe but im going to wdw next year and booking though a travell shop do i need this as well as a visa im from the uk and how much does it all cost

If you're from the UK then generally you don't need a visa. Just follow the instructions in the first post on this thread and it won't cost you anything.

If, for whatever reason, you do need a visa then you don't need an ESTA authorisation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!