How To ESTA

Hello all! I'm having a moment . . . have I read somewhere that I need to update the address on my ESTA form as I'm staying somewhere different from last year? I'm scared to log into it in case I do something wrong and get denied entry!!

Hello all! I'm having a moment . . . have I read somewhere that I need to update the address on my ESTA form as I'm staying somewhere different from last year? I'm scared to log into it in case I do something wrong and get denied entry!!
No reason to update anything on ESTA. I get mine and leave well alone until I renew 2 years later.

Oh god really? I logged on and changed the address and now my Esta has gone from authorised to pending! Why didn't i wait for your answer?! Major panic attack in progress!!

It will be fine. In the time it took for me to respond and tell you that, it has probably been authorised.

All sorted thanks - this is a lesson in doing things at 10pm when you're tired!

So does no one else go in and update the information on where you're staying?

All sorted thanks - this is a lesson in doing things at 10pm when you're tired!

So does no one else go in and update the information on where you're staying?

We did with our first ESTA (first trip to NYC, second trip to WDW) but they didn't seem to care whether we had or not.

I visited NY last year and my ESTA is still valid I don't have to change my destination (Orlando) and hotel details? Think I know the answer from above posts but just wanted to double check.

TIA

I visited NY last year and my ESTA is still valid I don't have to change my destination (Orlando) and hotel details? Think I know the answer from above posts but just wanted to double check.

TIA
Correct, you don't need to change your destination :)

They'll ask again when you arrive where your first night address is

Martin Lewis was doing his usual financial bit on morning TV today and said that Estas could now only be issued for digital passports-at least that's what I understood!:)

Martin Lewis was doing his usual financial bit on morning TV today and said that Estas could now only be issued for digital passports-at least that's what I understood!:)
Yep you have to have an electronic passport to get one now. Apparently this doesn't affect too many people now though

Not heard of this update but info is on the ESTA page:

As of April 1, 2016, you must have an e-passport to use the VWP. An e-Passport is an enhanced secure passport with an embedded electronic chip. You can readily identify an e-Passport, because it has a unique international symbol on the cover.

Haven't done this for a few years... I believe it was about £15 each esta when I last applied. Is this still correct?

They are $14 each. Did ours last night. 3 cost $42, gone thru my credit card at £32.26. Works out at £10.75 each.
Follow the link in the 1st post, any more than $14 you are using the wrong site.

first time ever dealing with ESTA (i'm an american).
I have to apply for my two grandkids.
Is the information in this thread still accurate?

How long before a trip can we apply?
They don't have their passports yet, but once they get them, can i apply right away?
Or do we have to wait until we're closer to august?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!