How to find resort cancellations?

CoCoMo

Mouseketeer
Is there a better time during the day to look for cancellations for resort reservations?

I am going to say no. For me, I would absolutely hate to cancel a Disney vacation so I would wait until the last possible moment just in case something changes. Some people may want to cancel like they ripe off a band, hoping quick is painless. If you are looking for resort availability due to cancellations I think your best chance is at the cancellation deadline, not any particular time of day.

I find the best time to call is around 9pm EST. I'm able to get right through without being put on hold.

We booked a Bounceback for next summer and are looking to change resorts. There is nothing available. However, people do cancel or change dates all the time. You just need to keep calling.

Personally, I check online throughout the day when I have a chance. As long as the website isn't crashing or lagging, it doesn't usually take too long as you can specify which resorts you are interested in.

Personally, I check online throughout the day when I have a chance. As long as the website isn't crashing or lagging, it doesn't usually take too long as you can specify which resorts you are interested in.

Not all promotions are available online. Specifically the Bounceback free dining. Calling is the only way to book or modify this reservation.

Not all promotions are available online. Specifically the Bounceback free dining. Calling is the only way to book or modify this reservation.
Right...but that's during a stay pretty much.

OP is asking about finding new availability from cancellations- not even promotions necessarily, just a room.

Is there a better time during the day to look for cancellations for resort reservations?

I don't know if there is a better time of day, but I will say the closer you get to your reservation dates, the more rooms that open up. Just be careful that your discount is still available if you are re-booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!