How to get a good hotel rate

NE4ME

Earning My Ears
We are interested in going the end of June. It would be for 3 nights. I checked rates going through Univ. site but it is around $600+.
I signed up for Loews membership a while back but haven't heard anything.
I don't have any other discounts. Can you get the Univ hotels anywhere else online. I want to stay onsight.TIA

We got our discount rate through our Entertainment card. We got a deluxe pool view room at Portofino Bay for $180 March 10 and 11. I just called the Universal phone # and asked what the Entertainment rate was during the time we wanted to go. I had originally wanted Hard Rock Hotel, but they did not have any Entertainment rates available for those dates but she told me that we could get PBH so we booked the room, then went to Entertainment.com and bought a book for Minneapolis (which is closer to us so I thought we'd use the coupon book more) which gave us the card for the rate at Universal. (I also saved about $80 for 1 night at Amerisuites at Mall of America in Mnpls so the $35 I spent for the Entertainment card has definately paid off already). It is usually worth a phone call to ask what other discounts they have available (ie AAA) rather than book on Loew website.

Thank you for the info SoDakMinnie. I will check into that. It doesn't matter which hotel. I just want to stay onsight so we won't have to wait in long lines for the rides.

I booked Friday for our visit to HRH in June (6/17-6/20). They accidentally booked me for a Deluxe Room first - for 163/night. Then I reminded her that we had wanted Club level and the rate was then 194/night.

After I was sure I was getting the best rate with All Access, I went to the HardRock website (NOT the Hard Rock Hotel website) and got the card for 24.95. It comes with a 20 credit for Hard Rock Club, so we'll go there for lunch one day during the trip. Anyway, I got the discount for basically 4.95.

I also have Loews First, which gives and upgrade when available, so let's hope!!!

If anyone knows whether the Entertainment Book rate is actually better, please please LET ME KNOW!

Elaine

HRH 2/10-2/13/2002

Elaine,

If you are paying for a club-level room, what kind of upgrade are you hoping for??

You are hoping for an upgrade to the $2000 a night Graceland suite with your own private butler???????

You have to set your expectations a little lower there!!

Once you are in club level, I don't think there is really anywhere else to upgrade! Unless you want a kids suite, but then you loose the club level privelages.

-Jon

When I was at the HRH a few weeks ago, I was on club level, but I had a Standard hotel room on Club (at the very end of the farthest hall overlooking the parking valets). Two beds, easy chair, small table. I saw into quite a few rooms that had a sofa. I don't know what they were. I think the equivalent of the Deluxe rooms downstairs.

I'm pretty sure we're not going to get the 2000 suite, but a deluxe room would be okay. I don't know why I wrote "suite" when I really just meant I'd like to have a sofa!!!

BTW, I'd be more than happy to have my little old standard room. It's just fun to have something to dream about. Maybe I should dream of Graceland.

Does anyone know how many/what kinds of rooms there are on the different floors?

Elaine
dreaming of the back of the HULK

Just an update. I called and got a standard pool view room at HRH on June 23-26 for $140 nt with the Entertainment discount. She quoted me $219 nt before that. A deluxe pool view was $155. I booked it and then got an Entertainment book for Orlando since the one near me was sold out. I figure that my family down there can use it. Thanks again for everyones help.

Jon,

I believe Elaine is looking for a better price on her Club level room, not an upgrade.

I think the Universal Fan Club Membership card offers one of the best discounts at all 3 onsite resorts. We reserved a Club level room at the new Royal Pacific in August for $139 a night.

RobinLyn :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter